+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Mona76

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 may 2014
Doc's Request.
Send
IELTS Request
Send
File Transfer...
13 august 2014
Med's Request
18 Feb 2015
Med's Done....
4 March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10 July and submitted on 12 july
VISA ISSUED...
3 sep 2015
Plz add me
Name Mona76
NOC 1112
Visa Office London
IELTS Bands 8.5
Self Calculated Points 77
Spouse IELTS included. 6.5
Relative in Canada? Yes
Job Offer No
Education. Masters plus CFA
ECA Equivalence Same
Job Exp 10+
Application Sent 21 may 2013
Fee Method DD
Application Received 27-May-2013
Receiving Time 13:48
Signed By
Destination in Canada Nova scotia Sydney

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
prince_of_darkness said:
Shezad,

If you are happy with Notarized stuffs please go ahead. Whoever is happy with the way of sending documents please go ahead. As far as I am concerned. I just sent copies for everything apart from marriage since I am single.
No offense. its the way it makes us happy and content and satisfied with out work.
We all have one common outcome to be in canada.
NO you are wrong! Read the first 3lines before step two. Its meant for translation of documents only. So if you are not translating, you have no business notarizing. If you do, you also have no problem.

roypp

Apr 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
Doc's Request.
CC charged: 29-08-2013
Nomination.....
PER: 03-09-2013
Med's Request
28th June, 2014
Med's Done....
8th July, 2014 | 3rd line added: 15th July, 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr1 23-10-2014; dm/ppr2 29.10.2014
VISA ISSUED...

shehzad865

May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
IELTS Request
Included
islandbabe said:
It is so sad that at this stage. The CIC process is still so blurry, I do hope hey will make it much clearer in the future. Clickitt seems to understand the process quite clearly. My take on it is that if you have the time and since it is not very costly ....go ahead and certify you documents. The document checklist it the "updated" document to which we must now adhere and it clearly asks for COPIES.... certified true copies/notarized copies are ONLY needed for translated documents. So the website goes on to explain what a certified true copy is and who can certify a document. I really believe its up to an individual to decide to certify or not. HOWEVER.....potential applicants come to this forum to seek guidance, as we know many of them are in a time crunch with the possibility of their specific cap being filled as each days passes. Lets give them accurate information. YOU ARE TO SEND COPIES>>>>CERTIFIED COPIS ARE ONLY NEEDED FOR TRANSLATED DOCUMENTS.

Have a good day all :)

Hi Islandbabe,
I don't seem to agree with this. And it's simply not true that Clickitt seems to understand the process quite clearly. There is still ambiguity surrounding this issue because Guide 7000 contradicts this.

A simple logic is this: A mere photocopy is not even considered to be a photocopy anywhere in the world for official purposes unless it is "attested" or in other words "certified". And since this whole process is for immigration purposes, so I suppose only someone extremely naive can think that it's going to work in this particular scenario.

For people who are still in the process of preparing their applications, I think it's not meet for us to recommend to them that "THEY SHOULD SEND COPIES ONLY AND THAT CERTIFIED COPIES ARE ONLY NEEDED FOR TRANSLATED DOCUMENTS".

Think of it this way: If you are sending certified copies of translated documents, it gives CIC the assurance that the contents of the translated document are the same as that of the original language document. The same thing applies to all other documents, if they are certified then they are considered to be as good as the original (not tampered with) for the purpose of CIC at this stage.

Now suppose that CIC has the procedure of asking for originals to be presented to them before making a final decision on the application at a later stage (for example when it reaches the visa office). But what if the photocopies are found to be tampered with (of which there is a good likelihood if they are not certified)? The whole time spent on that particular application would be wasted. And this is exactly what CIC wants to avoid, instead of that fraudulent application some other good application could have been processed.

So in my opinion, it's best to recommend to "in process applicants" that they SEND CERTIFIED COPIES ONLY. It'll only cost about an hour or so of their time and a little bit of money and it can potentially save their applications from being returned.

The Document Checklist is not a conclusive document to follow as it clearly says that Guide 7000 should be referred to for detailed instructions on how to prepare the application.

And lastly, the most important thing is that your application is "COMPLETE", this should be higher on your list of priorities than the "CAP".

A complete application may or may not make its way into the cap but an incomplete one is "BOUND TO BE RETURNED" irrespective of whether the cap is reached or not.

Thanks and regards...

aditya_

Star Member
May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2013
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Request
04-01-2014
Passport Req..
04-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2014
@ sehezad
Almost all ,if not most, of the applicants here are the ones who applied on their own. If only, one takes enough time and care to read all the documents, checklist and instruction guide Carefully and Thoroughly ,majority of doubts would not arise. If English is not ones first language, to avoid any misinterpretation of stated requirements people do consult the forums from time to time. What any one who tries to help does is present facts as mentioned in the document checklist/instruction guide. It is due to people's anxiety that they leave scope for misinterpretation or miss things that may seem pretty obvious.

If you read the instructions carefully . You can Submit only what is needed and nothing extra , any additional information can and will be requested at a later stage. Just because it gives you peace of mind to follow your interpretation or beliefs , it does not change what is explicitly written in the guides. Think of the flip side,if you Overdo on the attestation part when it is not necessary or asked for this might arise some questions in their mind as to why all of this was needed?

TLDR; No need to go overboard when it is not asked for.

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
shehzad865 said:
Hi Islandbabe,
I don't seem to agree with this. And it's simply not true that Clickitt seems to understand the process quite clearly. There is still ambiguity surrounding this issue because Guide 7000 contradicts this.

A simple logic is this: A mere photocopy is not even considered to be a photocopy anywhere in the world for official purposes unless it is "attested" or in other words "certified". And since this whole process is for immigration purposes, so I suppose only someone extremely naive can think that it's going to work in this particular scenario.

For people who are still in the process of preparing their applications, I think it's not meet for us to recommend to them that "THEY SHOULD SEND COPIES ONLY AND THAT CERTIFIED COPIES ARE ONLY NEEDED FOR TRANSLATED DOCUMENTS".

Think of it this way: If you are sending certified copies of translated documents, it gives CIC the assurance that the contents of the translated document are the same as that of the original language document. The same thing applies to all other documents, if they are certified then they are considered to be as good as the original (not tampered with) for the purpose of CIC at this stage.

Now suppose that CIC has the procedure of asking for originals to be presented to them before making a final decision on the application at a later stage (for example when it reaches the visa office). But what if the photocopies are found to be tampered with (of which there is a good likelihood if they are not certified)? The whole time spent on that particular application would be wasted. And this is exactly what CIC wants to avoid, instead of that fraudulent application some other good application could have been processed.

So in my opinion, it's best to recommend to "in process applicants" that they SEND CERTIFIED COPIES ONLY. It'll only cost about an hour or so of their time and a little bit of money and it can potentially save their applications from being returned.

The Document Checklist is not a conclusive document to follow as it clearly says that Guide 7000 should be referred to for detailed instructions on how to prepare the application.

And lastly, the most important thing is that your application is "COMPLETE", this should be higher on your list of priorities than the "CAP".

A complete application may or may not make its way into the cap but an incomplete one is "BOUND TO BE RETURNED" irrespective of whether the cap is reached or not.

Thanks and regards...
When I look at the spreadsheet, I discover that only about 6 people have submitted complete application under Visa Office _Accra. That gives me the impression a lot is going on outside this forum. From what I know through discussion and inquiries, almost or over two thousand people have applied under various NOC's with their Visa office as Accra. So when we compare that to the fraction on this spreadsheet, we can conclude that a lot is going on outside this forum. So whatever we do here are estimates.

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Floxzy said:
When I look at the spreadsheet, I discover that only about 6 people have submitted complete application under Visa Office _Accra. That gives me the impression a lot is going on outside this forum. From what I know through discussion and inquiries, almost or over two thousand people have applied under various NOC's with their Visa office as Accra. So when we compare that to the fraction on this spreadsheet, we can conclude that a lot is going on outside this forum. So whatever we do here are estimates.
The only doubt that comes to my mind is THIS FORUM is exclusively plat formed for Canada and no matter what anyone knows about the process, some how they at least keep a Question/Query and I don't think this consists of only a fraction of people. And as per your analysis,if 2000 have already applied through one visa office Accra, then probably CAP should have reached long back and also CIC would have updated it by now.

prince_of_darkness

May 15, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Shehzad,
going by your logic why notarized stuff is required, then shouldn't we even notarize the forms we fill. like the generic forms , background deceleration etc.
And just to sound bit stupid and idiot as I am i even went ahead and notarized the forms I had sent. I even took the extra effort of notarizing the Fee Payment form. Just in case if they the charge the CC then they can show it to the bank that it has been notarized and my payment goes through..
Phewwww, i have not left any stones unturned.

shehzad865 said:
Hi Islandbabe,

mrahman

May 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-May-2013
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2014
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
jigzyy said:
So looks like no update for today too, tomorrow is for sure not going to update as they are too lazy for the weekend. It's on to next week. So, guys, relax, get off the PC [I can't, its my job to remain on PC :(] and have some life with your wife :p
just being curious..in the excel sheet row 49 has got "fee encashed" date...shud i take it as cic has started processing or that was mistakenly entered in the excel sheet...or am i having the wrong link to that sheet..the one i have is below..
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aovj20uHVWyzdGFqSGJUOEtVX0h5eWM0cXB5dlAtOEE#gid=0

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Go-Canada-Go said:
The only doubt that comes to my mind is THIS FORUM is exclusively plat formed for Canada and no matter what anyone knows about the process, some how they at least keep a Question/Query and I don't think this consists of only a fraction of people. And as per your analysis,if 2000 have already applied through one visa office Accra, then probably CAP should have reached long back and also CIC would have updated it by now.
Accra is the visa office for more than One country including one country with over 150million population. So its just an estimate. I got from counting those we wrote IELTS together and others who have written before and several forums targeted at local discussions. So plus or minus we are looking at almost a thousand. When you add that to other countries and regions that falls under Accra, you will get my gist. Now why Am I saying this? Just saying....lool

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shehzad865 said:
Dear shehzad865,

for a moment if I buy your logic then what is the guarantee that the document whose Notarized copy you are sending is Authentic and is not Fake, How CIC verifies that? Notarized copy just tells that this is true copy of original document but does not guarantee that original document is not fake? How CIC handles this? If you can pls elaborate.

shehzad865

May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
IELTS Request
Included
prince_of_darkness said:
Shehzad,
going by your logic why notarized stuff is required, then shouldn't we even notarize the forms we fill. like the generic forms , background deceleration etc.
And just to sound bit stupid and idiot as I am i even went ahead and notarized the forms I had sent. I even took the extra effort of notarizing the Fee Payment form. Just in case if they the charge the CC then they can show it to the bank that it has been notarized and my payment goes through..
Phewwww, i have not left any stones unturned.

shehzad865 said:
Hi Islandbabe,

prince_of_darkness,
Certification is required only for photocopies, not originals. If you sent the photocopies of your forms, then you should have gotten them notarized, haha.

So the bottom line is, if you can't even differentiate between an original and a photocopy, then there is no point getting ourselves entangled into this debate.

reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
There is no ambiguity in IMM 7000 regarding every photo copy being notarised/certified. It clearly states that translations must go through this process and then explains how this process must be completed. Can't believe how it can be divided into 2 parts and assumed that every photocopy must be certified. Please try to find the line that says that you must certify every copy? How can an explanation of how translated copies must be certified is taken as a guidance to certify everything?

As for doubts created in the minds of visa officers, didn't anyone read the fraud and mis-representation of information warning? Would anyone try and tamper copies and risk being reported as a fraud into the system?

A mere photocopy is not even considered to be a photocopy anywhere in the world for official purposes unless it is "attested" or in other words "certified".
Seriously? Every business that has mass filing systems and keeps "copies" of all the documents for record aren't really in possession of papers that can be considered to be photocopies? That's just ridiculous.

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shehzad865 said:
Dear shehzad865,

for a moment if I buy your logic then what is the guarantee that the document whose Notarized copy you are sending is Authentic and is not Fake, How CIC verifies that? Notarized copy just tells that this is true copy of original document but does not guarantee that original document is not fake? How CIC handles this? If you can pls elaborate.

prince_of_darkness

May 15, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Shehzad,
Since i cannot differentiate between originals and photcopies or certified photocopies i notarized everything . U know just in case.

shehzad865 said:
prince_of_darkness,
Certification is required only for photocopies, not originals. If you sent the photocopies of your forms, then you should have gotten them notarized, haha.

So the bottom line is, if you can't even differentiate between an original and a photocopy, then there is no point getting ourselves entangled into this debate.