+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Frustrating process for Citizenship- April 2015 Non-Routine Application

perl57

Feb 23, 2015
This is a Citizenship application story only but it starts here: I renewed by Permanent Residence in 2013 that got audited and went on up to one year. They asked me for my passport photocopy and asked me translate every stamp. I did that and sent it to Sydney and before they could review the passport stamps, they sent my case to local office in Edmonton. Edmonton office looked for each and every document that I had to show since the day I landed and asked for extra documents which were provided. They finally got convinced that I did stay legally and physically in Canada for more than 730 days in the preceding floating period of 5 years. They gave me my renewed PR Card. Fast Forward - Applied in April 2015 for Citizenship. Got acknowledgement in June 2015 that application met the basic criteria. October 2015 they asked me for finger prints. And I guess with that my hopes of getting a quick Citizenship was also dashed. I would like to know if anyone went through FingerPrint for Citizenship from the April 2015 applications before the case got approved (I realize a lot of people were asked for fingerprints after they wrote the test). Has anyone got approval (from April 2015 applications)after their finger prints have been submitted. Kindly let me know.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
perl57 said:
This is a Citizenship application story only but it starts here: I renewed by Permanent Residence in 2013 that got audited and went on up to one year. They asked me for my passport photocopy and asked me translate every stamp. I did that and sent it to Sydney and before they could review the passport stamps, they sent my case to local office in Edmonton. Edmonton office looked for each and every document that I had to show since the day I landed and asked for extra documents which were provided. They finally got convinced that I did stay legally and physically in Canada for more than 730 days in the preceding floating period of 5 years. They gave me my renewed PR Card. Fast Forward - Applied in April 2015 for Citizenship. Got acknowledgement in June 2015 that application met the basic criteria. October 2015 they asked me for finger prints. And I guess with that my hopes of getting a quick Citizenship was also dashed. I would like to know if anyone went through FingerPrint for Citizenship from the April 2015 applications before the case got approved (I realize a lot of people were asked for fingerprints after they wrote the test). Has anyone got approval (from April 2015 applications)after their finger prints have been submitted. Kindly let me know.
Dont get frustrated, they are lot of such cases recently. Even after approval, some of the candidates asked to submit FP.

When CIC find similar details of two individuals, they ask for finger prints to ensure these are indeed two different persons.

Once you submit the FP it takes 3- 4 weeks to process. Hopefully, its your last hurdle and then you are done.....stay positive. ;D

Timmydwilson

Apr 28, 2016
I'm in the exact same boat.

Submitted April 2015.
Began processing Aug 2015.
Sat my test nov 2015.
Fingerprints requested dec 2015
Fingerprints filed Jan 2016

Still no changes to my application status.

Anyone have time lines from around this period?

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Same here!

Applied on June 9th
Test on november 18th
Fingerprints request on january 20th
Fingerprints done on february 1st

Since then still in process.

NOte: i never had my fingerprints taken bf or any criminal record.

The question now is.. TILL WHEN?!?
And why for absolutly no reason our applications get delayed n exceed the promised time!!!