+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Frustrated

googlechrist

Feb 7, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm so frustrated with this online eligibility shenanigans. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as I have created multiple profiles for the application and God knows why it's getting declined each time.

Applying for: Express Entry
Accompanied by spouse: Yes (Age 35)
Dependant: Yes (Age 7)

IELTS: Overall-8.5, R-7, W-7.5, L-9.0, S-8.5
Dependant's IELTS: Overall-6.5, R-5.5, W-6.5, L-6.5, S-6.5

Education - Master's degree from US
Dependant's education - Bachelor's + another 2 years' full time course

Work Exp - 10+years (NOC 5123)
Spouse Work Exp - 6+years (NOC 5243)

Job Offer: No

Can anyone please help me understand what or where I am dropping points that's making me ineligible. Attorneys say I have more than enough points but the online application keeps getting declined. Super frustrated .

jayscorp

Nov 10, 2018
You have to get your ECA before you become eligible to be in the express entry pool. ECA is compulsory.

jayscorp

Nov 10, 2018
If you are not claiming points for her education then you do not need her ECA otherwise you would need ECA for both of you

googlechrist

Feb 7, 2019
How do I 'not claim' points for my spouse's education? Simply by not getting her ECA done?

Also, is there a preferred ECA agency, or should I choose any one of the agencies listed on the website? Sorry for asking so many questions, but my wife and I are really thankful for you taking out some time to answer these so quickly.

jayscorp

Nov 10, 2018
You would not fill in her educational qualifications in the express pool and you can skip her ECA. Since you studied in the US, WES might might be good for you, I used IQAS. I habh heard of situations where IQAS gave a more valuable assessment than WES. Research and take your pick. Also, WES doesn't cover all schools compared with some of the others.

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Hi guys,

I'm so frustrated with this online eligibility shenanigans. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as I have created multiple profiles for the application and God knows why it's getting declined each time.

Applying for: Express Entry
Accompanied by spouse: Yes (Age 35)
Dependant: Yes (Age 7)

IELTS: Overall-8.5, R-7, W-7.5, L-9.0, S-8.5
Dependant's IELTS: Overall-6.5, R-5.5, W-6.5, L-6.5, S-6.5

Education - Master's degree from US
Dependant's education - Bachelor's + another 2 years' full time course

Work Exp - 10+years (NOC 5123)
Spouse Work Exp - 6+years (NOC 5243)

Job Offer: No

Can anyone please help me understand what or where I am dropping points that's making me ineligible. Attorneys say I have more than enough points but the online application keeps getting declined. Super frustrated .
Firstly, I would suggest you to check your CRS score using the CRS tool on CIC website.

googlechrist

Feb 7, 2019
Firstly, I would suggest you to check your CRS score using the CRS tool on CIC website.
439 is what I am getting when I use this tool. By the way, for job reference letters - do these letters have to be on a letterhead? Also, would they be signed by my then immediate manager?

jayscorp

Nov 10, 2018
Letterhead compulsory, your line manager can sign and put his contact details, maybe you can scan his complimentary card with the Letter. Also, confirm that 439 is without spouse ECA and job experience.

googlechrist

Feb 7, 2019
Correction - CRS Score 446 (Filled the relative in Canada part correctly)

This is without wife's education and work experience .