Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
This is from the PAFSO facebook page:
"We would like nothing more than to settle this and get back to normal, but the employer is refusing to negotiate with us. You can help to encourage the Government of Canada to return to the bargaining table by sending your concerns to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Jason Kenney. He can be contacted at Jason.kenney @ parl.gc.ca or you can find him on Twitter at @ kenneyjason."

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
where are you applying from?? I need to know if anyone has gotten a visa from Mexico in June!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tweetybird said:
This is from the PAFSO facebook page:
"We would like nothing more than to settle this and get back to normal, but the employer is refusing to negotiate with us. You can help to encourage the Government of Canada to return to the bargaining table by sending your concerns to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Jason Kenney. He can be contacted at Jason.kenney @ parl.gc.ca or you can find him on Twitter at @ kenneyjason."
Employer is refusing to negotiate????

How about you morons make more realistic demands and sparing the rest of us this misery

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
I know it's ridiculous. Basically i heard that they will take even more drastic measure like pack up their families and fly back to canada!

My boyfriend is waiting for an answer if he was approved for a visa applied June18 from the Mexico, Guadalajara VAC office. They said 25 business days. :(

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
psh... i applied on april 15th for a work permit. its supposed to take 6 weeks. its been 12 weeks already and still nothing. im about to lose my job in Canada :(

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
My bf emailed the VAC office and they did respond the next day however, stating that his application was being reviewed and that it takes 25 business days plus delivery.
Grrrrrr. That means it will be 1 day before his flight.
I know there is a strike but just really bad timing for us.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
tell your bf to call the VAC and tell them he already has a ticket and everything, that will guarantee the visa will be there before his flight. If not. they will be all like "oh, 25 days is just the average, we cant promise your visa will be there by then" cuz thats what they told me.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
I doubt it matters. They don't care that he has a flight or anyone for that matter. They just are overloaded. It is really unfortunate because it says on the website to submit your application 1 month before travel date!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tweetybird said:
I know it's ridiculous. Basically i heard that they will take even more drastic measure like pack up their families and fly back to canada!

My boyfriend is waiting for an answer if he was approved for a visa applied June18 from the Mexico, Guadalajara VAC office. They said 25 business days. :(
You know what Canada should do, dont reimburse them for any tickets, even better close the borders and put up a sign board saying "since our foreign service is on strike all foreign services staff are debarred from entering Canada"

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
i meaaan... i guess they got a point, but dont you guys think it'd be better for them to grant us our visas and then ask for our support? Maybe if they didnt go on strike, nobody would care.. but they already have. Now they can go back to work and ask for the support of all the people benefited by their hard work. I would totally support them... ONCE IM IN CANADA!! damn, i'd go and stand right where they are right now and strike for them! i cant do nothing here but to publish things on fb... like if emailing Minister Kenney would help...

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
I also belong to a union and I understand their frustration. To be honost a full on walk out with no services is what it's going to take. So I think we are a bit lucky that they are still working. It's all just bad timing for us. Nobody even knows much about the strike until they are affected. My friends and family had no idea. Something drastic will have to be done in order for them to get what they want.
I think Canada is a bit too conservative for allowing genuine honost visitors to come and visit someone, and the people they do let; well...some of them ruin it for others.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
Re: Frustrated with the strike! / PAFSO union July 23 negotiation deadline

News

18 July 2013 - Statement by the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers: Offer of Binding Arbitration
Tim Edwards, President of the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO), issued the following statement on July 18, 2013 in Ottawa:

“In light of the severe and mounting impacts of job action by Canada’s Foreign Service on our country’s tourism, education, air transport, and agriculture sectors – to say nothing of the effects which delays in visa and immigrant processing are inflicting on applicants and their families around the world – PAFSO has today offered the President of the Treasury Board to take our dispute to binding third-party arbitration.

“PAFSO’s offer will expire at noon on Tuesday, July 23. If we do not receive acceptance in writing from the employer by then, we will deem the Government to have rejected the offer.

“The key issue since day one has been equal pay for equal work in comparison to other federal government professionals. This issue has been festering for eight years. We were prevented from resolving these salary gaps in 2009 when the Government circumvented collective bargaining and imposed wages through legislation. Despite PAFSO accepting the employer’s two key demands in the current round of bargaining, the Government has refused to acknowledge this salary discrimination. Job action was the only tool left to us under the laws which govern collective bargaining.

“Eliminating wage gaps between Foreign Service officers and comparable professional groups in the federal public service would cost $4.2 million, a tiny fraction of the massive fallout the Government is inflicting on the Canadian economy through their inflexibility. The Government’s reluctance to settle this dispute – for what amounts to 1.5% of the estimated fallout on tourism alone – is unreasonable and irresponsible. It is in everyone’s best interest that the dispute be resolved as soon as possible.

“PAFSO is not as eager as our employer to keep playing a game of ‘chicken’ while jeopardizing the livelihoods of tens of thousands of Canadians nationwide. PAFSO has heard the concerns of Canadians and Canadian businesses. This is why we have taken the decision to act responsibly and commit to finding alternate solutions in the face of the Government’s stubborn refusal to compromise.

“We are prepared to maintain our strike through the summer and deep into the fall if necessary. We would prefer that the employer accept our offer of binding arbitration so we can get back to doing what we do best: building a more prosperous, secure, and diverse future for Canada. If the Government sincerely believes its offer is ‘fair and reasonable’, they should have no concerns with presenting that position to an independent third party. We await the Government’s response.”

that is what is on the PAFSO union website....looks like july 23rd is the deadline for negotiation.

bteufel

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In response to PAFSO's offer, Treasury Board has agreed to third party arbitration, under certain conditions.

"These conditions are subject to negotiation confidence and cannot be shared publicly," said Clement in a statement.

Article soon on ipolitics.ca

Twitter: #dipstrike

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
bteufel said:
In response to PAFSO's offer, Treasury Board has agreed to third party arbitration, under certain conditions.

"These conditions are subject to negotiation confidence and cannot be shared publicly," said Clement in a statement.

Article soon on ipolitics.ca

Twitter: #dipstrike
YES!! ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE END OF THIS DREADFUL STRIKE!!