+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Frustrated June 2016 Applicant

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017
I need help. I am sponsoring my husband from Ethiopia, he is a Kenyan we applied June of 2016. His medical expired last May. No update on GCKey No new medical request, we sent them several emails, my local MP even got in touch with them regarding our case, all response are the same " in process/ under active officer review."

We re beyond frustrated and feel helpless. I don't know what is going on. We have been married for 5 yes and have a 2yr ol together
Is anyone in a similar situation?.

Last edited:

Sziszike

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-09-2016 , 05-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
21-10-2016
Med's Done....
07-11-2016
Interview........
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
I need help. I am sponsoring my husband from Ethiopia, he is a Kenyan we applied June of 2016. His medical expired last May. No update on GCKey No new medical request, we sent them several emails, my local MP even got in touch with them regarding our case, all response are the same " in process/ under active officer review."

We re beyond frustrated and feel helpless. I don't know what is going on. We have been married for 5 yes and have a 2yr ol together
Is anyone in a similar situation?.
Hello
We are in the similar situation. My husband applied for me and my son in July 2016 our medical going to expire next month.When we contact our VO it's usually the same message " your file is under review". So we can get nothing out of them, last time they asked for something was in June 2017 and nothing since then. Oh sorry we needed an ARC and that came on the 5th of October. But the arc is from a different side of immigration. The waiting time is killing everybody. So just please try to hold on just keep messaging them sooner or later you'll have to get an answer. Main thing is just don't lose hope. Well this is what we are doing.

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017
Hello
We are in the similar situation. My husband applied for me and my son in July 2016 our medical going to expire next month.When we contact our VO it's usually the same message " your file is under review". So we can get nothing out of them, last time they asked for something was in June 2017 and nothing since then. Oh sorry we needed an ARC and that came on the 5th of October. But the arc is from a different side of immigration. The waiting time is killing everybody. So just please try to hold on just keep messaging them sooner or later you'll have to get an answer. Main thing is just don't lose hope. Well this is what we are doing.
Thanks.. am glad we re not the only one going through this. It's so unfair people who applied 8 or 9 months after us got their visas. The last time they requested more documents was in February of this year, We sent them within a week. since then just silence. I hope we hear good news before the year end

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
We did. Received it a month ago. Back ground check and security not even started. No red flags
Sorry you have to go through this. Although we only applied in January, I share your frustration as it seems they don't do things consistently between all the VO's and even within VO's. Our criminality check and background check has been in progress since the end of February, yet it has been saying in progress for 8 months. We sent in PCC upfront as per country specific instructions and an RCMP fingerprint report in July which they said was requested at the beginning of April but they never emailed us to request it and didn't until we asked for it because we saw it in the GCMS notes. I have ordered 2 sets of GCMS notes and onto our 3rd set which "should" arrive 1st week of November and last set of notes indicated that nothing has been looked at with criminality since February 22. Security check of course has not started.

I feel like we are in the same boat, even though you have been waiting much longer. I sure hope that they will speed things up as I heard that there is a push to clear out the 2016 applications before the end of the year!

Reactions: Lonelywyf

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017
Sorry you have to go through this. Although we only applied in January, I share your frustration as it seems they don't do things consistently between all the VO's and even within VO's. Our criminality check and background check has been in progress since the end of February, yet it has been saying in progress for 8 months. We sent in PCC upfront as per country specific instructions and an RCMP fingerprint report in July which they said was requested at the beginning of April but they never emailed us to request it and didn't until we asked for it because we saw it in the GCMS notes. I have ordered 2 sets of GCMS notes and onto our 3rd set which "should" arrive 1st week of November and last set of notes indicated that nothing has been looked at with criminality since February 22. Security check of course has not started.

I feel like we are in the same boat, even though you have been waiting much longer. I sure hope that they will speed things up as I heard that there is a push to clear out the 2016 applications before the end of the year!
Thank for your sympathy. I hope and pray that we all hear good news soon.

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018

Hello,

Did you receive your PR?

I am still waiting, I am also a 2016 applicant, mine was received December 2nd.

I totally share your frustration. My husband and I want to have a baby but I would like to see my doctor in Mexico and my process is taking so long!
I got a work permit, submitted my medical exam and passed it, sent my police certificate... my background check has been processing for almost a year now... and my eligibility has not started yet... please, I would love to hear how yours is doing? or if you received it already and you think I am almost there.

Thanks!!

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Hello
Hello,
how do you know what you visa office is??
Thank you!!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hello,

Did you receive your PR?

I am still waiting, I am also a 2016 applicant, mine was received December 2nd.

I totally share your frustration. My husband and I want to have a baby but I would like to see my doctor in Mexico and my process is taking so long!
I got a work permit, submitted my medical exam and passed it, sent my police certificate... my background check has been processing for almost a year now... and my eligibility has not started yet... please, I would love to hear how yours is doing? or if you received it already and you think I am almost there.

Thanks!!
My partner received his coPR in March after he had his interview and landed last week. I suppose you applied inland since you have a work permit? Since it has been about 1.5 years for you, have you gone to see your MP yet or ordered GCMS notes lately? Although they cannot actually expedite the process directly, sometimes that communication with IRCC gets the app moving especially since it has been in process for so long. Hopefully you will hear something soon! Good luck!