+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From which date my work hours will be calculated?

Nitish_KSharma

Jan 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi!
I am currently on my post graduate work permit but soon I will be eligible for permanent residence under Canadian Experience Class. I have a small doubt regarding the date from which my experience will be counted. Here are the key dates:
1. Finished program in school: April 30, 2017
2. Started working full time and been working since (in job level NOC type - A): May 4, 2017
3. Received Letter of Completion from school on the basis of which I applied for PGWPP: May 29, 2017
4. Eventually got the degree: October 9, 2017
5. Applied for PGWPP: June 25, 17
6. PGWPP Issued: September 30, 2017

My doubt is, if my one year of work experience should be counted from May 4 or May 29 (or by some reason October 9). In my last communication with school, school says your program is considered complete the day you meet all the requirements which is April 30.

Last edited:

aksreaper

Apr 19, 2014
I believe, it should from June 25th, the date you applied for PGWP.. because thats the day you can start working full time..
Before that, it should be part time at the most..
Not sure though

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You should not have been working full time once you completed full time education but only from the time you applied for the PGWP june25th from which point you would have been on implied status pending a decision.

Others can comment as well as too late to change anything now but I would go with June 25 th.

Nitish_KSharma

Jan 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Yes
You should not have been working full time once you completed full time education but only from the time you applied for the PGWP june25th from which point you would have been on implied status pending a decision.

Others can comment as well as too late to change anything now but I would go with June 25 th.
I actually explicitly clarified this with both school and cic, if I was allowed to work right after completion of studies and both said yes. Both gave the same reason, I was already on a student permit (which was for a 2 year program) outside a registered school term which technically makes me legal to work full-time even on a student permit. But as far as the work hours for Canadian Experience Class are concerned, I am also figuring this out that this should be counted from June 25. I will clarify this with cic directly as well. Thanks for the response. :)