+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

from where should i buy a laptop and cell phone - India or Canada

sunny_saini

Dec 9, 2014
hey guys , very soon i am going to ottawa for studying in algonquin college. But i am very confused about buying a lappy and cell phone. Should i buy them from India itself or from Canada.

Firstly, about laptop..... i am interested in buying a Dell laptop. So i want to know that , is Dell having a good service in canada? Or any other brand , who has a good service ?

Secondly, Cell phone.....i am planning to buy a samsung galaxy note 4. Should i buy it from India or Canada ?
And if i buy it from Canada , should i buy it on contract basis or the one which is unlocked ??

Pllzzz help me guys....

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
Buy it from here. Canada

sunny_saini

Dec 9, 2014
thanxxxx .... i also want to know about cell phone ( note 4 ) . which is best to buy , unlocked or locked ( on contract ) ?

dp0360

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Kolkata
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/11/2014
Doc's Request.
27/11/2014
IELTS Request
27/11/2014
Med's Request
27/11/2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Submitted with App.
VISA ISSUED...
22/12/2014 :)
LANDED..........
28/12/2014
sunny_saini said:
thanxxxx .... i also want to know about cell phone ( note 4 ) . which is best to buy , unlocked or locked ( on contract ) ?

as much as i have researched about its better to buy it on contract....

evn i wish to buy note4 once i land der...:)

baig706

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
what is contract basis and cant i carry my mobile from here it self i got a gift new S5 cant i take it with me to canada

sunny_saini

Dec 9, 2014
on contract basis you get high end smartphones at very cheap price but with a term to use a particular service provider for a fixed time period ( atleast 2 years - thats what i know ). yes , you carry your s5 there. it wil work.

sunny_saini

Dec 9, 2014
yaa , i understand on contract i will get note 4 at very cheap price. but what if i want to change it after sometime. it will be difficult to change/sell a on contract cell phone.

And along with it , i came to know that there are certain fixed charges by the service provider per month and that also for certain services ( that we all are going to use very less ) on contract phones. So is it a good move to buy a on contract cell phone?

m very confused right now...plz help guys...

dp0360

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Kolkata
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/11/2014
Doc's Request.
27/11/2014
IELTS Request
27/11/2014
Med's Request
27/11/2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Submitted with App.
VISA ISSUED...
22/12/2014 :)
LANDED..........
28/12/2014
i dnt about this bro.. have to research about it.... :eek:

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Contract is good because you can get a new phone for cheap if you sign with them, as long as you know that you will stay with them for however long.

I got a brand new phone and signed three years contract. Everything was good until I had to leave the country, the cancellation fee was really really expensive which is no surprise. The sucky thing though is that even after I paid the cancellation fee, they continued to bill me...... It took me about four months (and lots of oversea calls to their call centre) to FINALLY rid of them for good.

Oh and you can update your phone to a newer model after a while (i think a year?), but they are going to make you extend your contract. I think that's where I screwed up.