+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From visitor Visa to Student inside Canada

Jul 17, 2012
Hi

I am in Canada with a visitor visa for 2 months. I applied to a College and I was accepted. How can I change my visitor visa to student inside Canada and without leaving the country??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jiikiparalogoum123 said:
Hi

I am in Canada with a visitor visa for 2 months. I applied to a College and I was accepted. How can I change my visitor visa to student inside Canada and without leaving the country??
No, not unless you are a US citizen or residence, then you can apply at a Border Port. Otherwise you have to apply to an overseas office.

Jul 17, 2012
Can I apply to an oversea office while I am in Canada and get the response from here? And after I get the new visa I can go to the boarders and change from visitor to student visa??

Also if my visitor visa expires until I get the response do I have an implied status?

Very urgent!!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
jiikiparalogoum123 said:
Can I apply to an oversea office while I am in Canada and get the response from here? And after I get the new visa I can go to the boarders and change from visitor to student visa??

Also if my visitor visa expires until I get the response do I have an implied status?

Very urgent!!
i dont believe u can do that but not sure...i see one problem u have to have US visa assuming u are taking about US border

Jul 17, 2012
Can I extend my visitor visa, and when the response will arrive I will visit US border with the valid visitor visa in order to switch it to student..
In addition, I can visit US for a couple of days and switch it to student on the way back. My country does not require to apply for a visitor visa in US.

Is that possible??

Jul 17, 2012
Can I go to Los Angeles or New York immigration office by person and apply there for the study permit in order when I come in Canada again to change my permit from visitor to student????

please really really urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
jiikiparalogoum123 said:
Can I go to Los Angeles or New York immigration office by person and apply there for the study permit in order when I come in Canada again to change my permit from visitor to student????

please really really urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!!
check out LA office or NY office section of this forum u will see they dont let u walk in and it 6 weeks time for NY i believe

Jul 17, 2012
mead said:
check out LA office or NY office section of this forum u will see they dont let u walk in and it 6 weeks time for NY i believe
Where does it say that they will not let me walk in?? I also found that if you go there in person the response can be made in 2-3 days!

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

jiikiparalogoum123 said:

Very urgent!!

Technically yes, but practically expect a refusal with the direction to apply in your home country. No implied status.