+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From TRV to Working Holiday, is it possible to flagpole

maralejo

Dec 14, 2015
Hello everybody. :)

I was wondering if it is possible to flagpole to get a working permit with the IEC working holiday? Let’s say I have a valid TRV (tourist visa) and I go to Canada for vacations, then when I am ready to start working I flagpole and present the letter of introduction to the immigration officer at the border.

Is it possible or might be too risky? My other option would be to return back to my country by plane, which is more expensive and time consuming.

Thanks a lot.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maralejo said:
Hello everybody. :)

I was wondering if it is possible to flagpole to get a working permit with the IEC working holiday? Let’s say I have a valid TRV (tourist visa) and I go to Canada for vacations, then when I am ready to start working I flagpole and present the letter of introduction to the immigration officer at the border.

Is it possible or might be too risky? My other option would be to return back to my country by plane, which is more expensive and time consuming.

Thanks a lot.
1. With a valid TRV, LOI, proof of funds and medical insurance, you can flagpole at a Border port and get your work permit.