+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From TRV to work permit

SolBi

Jul 12, 2022
Please I urgently need an experts guide.
I Was accepted into a missionary training organization which is a 5 months program. First three months is a classroom setting and doing humanitarian work around the area and the last two months is an outreach phase which includes humanitarian and charity works in and out of canada. This training is a non formal training that is apprenticeship style. It is not accredited therefore do not make a request for student visa. Now my organization sent an invitation later and an an LMIA fee exempt later since it has to do with religious works and they are a non profit organization.After submitting my application. IRCC sent a request that I had to pay the application fee n biometrics that I’m not my fee exempt mentioned doesn’t apply which I did
Pay Later got a BIL which I did the Biometrics n it was updated in the portal. Two days later eligibility review started till date no update it’s 2 months plus. Then I recieved an email from the visa office processing my application that a work permit was the adequate document I need and that I retrieve my VV and confirm my application to a work permit. My organization told me to send a mail to tell the VO that this was a missionary training which is non profitable.and that i was in no way doing work. But the immigration still insist through email on getting a work permit in my my situation. My worry now is my training starts in just three weeks time which is the classroom setting first and it’s now IRCC is asking me to apply for a work permit and a month plus eligibility review and still on going( last update was biometrics 2 months ago) Will my VV application still be considered even if I submit for work permitwill be looked together with work permit application. (This is totally new to my organization as they’ve had missionarist come in with a visitor visa into the program and return home after the program that’s 5 months But seems everything has changed with IRCC And now also applying for the work permit do I list the dates where the classroom setting starts, coz in the portal my application is still under eligibility review and processing which I applied about three months ago but the visa office is communicating with me through email that I apply for a work permit. Please how do I go about this work permit application as far as dates are concerned ( will my VV still be considered such that I can be given an approval then later give the work permit as I get there and start my training and what exactly do I make mention in the LOE coz I think I to adress certain things

sorry for the long write up. Just want to be really clear so I get the right solution before I go aheadwith the work permit application.
Thanks you
Blessings

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please I urgently need an experts guide.
I Was accepted into a missionary training organization which is a 5 months program. First three months is a classroom setting and doing humanitarian work around the area and the last two months is an outreach phase which includes humanitarian and charity works in and out of canada. This training is a non formal training that is apprenticeship style. It is not accredited therefore do not make a request for student visa. Now my organization sent an invitation later and an an LMIA fee exempt later since it has to do with religious works and they are a non profit organization.After submitting my application. IRCC sent a request that I had to pay the application fee n biometrics that I’m not my fee exempt mentioned doesn’t apply which I did
Pay Later got a BIL which I did the Biometrics n it was updated in the portal. Two days later eligibility review started till date no update it’s 2 months plus. Then I recieved an email from the visa office processing my application that a work permit was the adequate document I need and that I retrieve my VV and confirm my application to a work permit. My organization told me to send a mail to tell the VO that this was a missionary training which is non profitable.and that i was in no way doing work. But the immigration still insist through email on getting a work permit in my my situation. My worry now is my training starts in just three weeks time which is the classroom setting first and it’s now IRCC is asking me to apply for a work permit and a month plus eligibility review and still on going( last update was biometrics 2 months ago) Will my VV application still be considered even if I submit for work permitwill be looked together with work permit application. (This is totally new to my organization as they’ve had missionarist come in with a visitor visa into the program and return home after the program that’s 5 months But seems everything has changed with IRCC And now also applying for the work permit do I list the dates where the classroom setting starts, coz in the portal my application is still under eligibility review and processing which I applied about three months ago but the visa office is communicating with me through email that I apply for a work permit. Please how do I go about this work permit application as far as dates are concerned ( will my VV still be considered such that I can be given an approval then later give the work permit as I get there and start my training and what exactly do I make mention in the LOE coz I think I to adress certain things

sorry for the long write up. Just want to be really clear so I get the right solution before I go aheadwith the work permit application.
Thanks you
Blessings
I don't think any of us can comment on whether the TRV will still be considered without seeing the exact messages your organization received from IRCC.

SolBi

Jul 12, 2022
I don't think any of us can comment on whether the TRV will still be considered without seeing the exact messages your organization received from IRCC.
I recieved a message and not the organization
The message stated
Dear Madam,

This refers to your temporary resident visa (TRV) application to Canada.

Please note that a TRV application is not the adequate document as it is does allow to do an internship even if it is unpaid.

A is required in your situation.

Please confirm that you wish to retrieve your TRV and that you have submitted a temporary work permit.

Yours sincerely,

now my question is when applying for a work permit which dates should I mention according to my above write up.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A work visa is required in your situation
So have you submitted the application for a work permit? Your organization filed for a LMIA exemption and got a LMIA exemption number (not just a letter to say they are LMIA exempt). Where are you from because work permit processing can be long?

You mention the dates from beginning of your training to the end of your training.

SolBi

Jul 12, 2022
So have you submitted the application for a work permit? Your organization filed for a LMIA exemption and got a LMIA exemption number (not just a letter to say they are LMIA exempt). Where are you from because work permit processing can be long?

You mention the dates from beginning of your training to the end of your training.
Dates were mentioned on my invitation later submitted in the TRV which begins early September.
I have no applied for a work permit yet as I’m limited with info and this is totally strange to my organization as visitor visa has always served in this purpose.
What do I put down on my later of explaination when submitting my work permit application
And in my case do I need to withdraw my TRV? or just leave it there.
Applying from Cameroon

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dates were mentioned on my invitation later submitted in the TRV which begins early September.
I have no applied for a work permit yet as I’m limited with info and this is totally strange to my organization as visitor visa has always served in this purpose.
What do I put down on my later of explaination when submitting my work permit application
And in my case do I need to withdraw my TRV? or just leave it there.
Applying from Cameroon
IRCC wants to know if you have applied for a work permit, which you have not. Your organization needs a LMIA exemption number by submitting the job offer letter through the Employer Portal (link for them to apply for LMIA exemption) for you to apply for a work permit. You can’t apply for a work permit until you have an employment number.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/international-mobility-program.html