+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Did you manage to hear the proceedings...any particular reasonings of keeping the expectations low....I am planning to travel in Apr first week and now
in a dilemma if I should hold back or proceed with my bookings...
Keeping expectations low because an injunction for an emergency measure by the government to control something like a pandemic is a high bar. Government has extraordinary powers to do so. What good can come out of this case is that the judge might insist on reasonable costs for quarantine.

Another argument in the hearing was which the judge kind of agreed I think was that a quarantine for 3 days may not work if people are able to fly to their locations later as they could still be spreaders. So there could be a compulsory quarantine at the POE for all 14 days. This may not necessarily be at the hotels.

Again. This is all I am speculating after the hearing. I have no idea how this works yet. Maybe nothing changes.

Reactions: amit202

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
Keeping expectations low because an injunction for an emergency measure by the government to control something like a pandemic is a high bar. Government has extraordinary powers to do so. What good can come out of this case is that the judge might insist on reasonable costs for quarantine.

Another argument in the hearing was which the judge kind of agreed I think was that a quarantine for 3 days may not work if people are able to fly to their locations later as they could still be spreaders. So there could be a compulsory quarantine at the POE for all 14 days. This may not necessarily be at the hotels.

Again. This is all I am speculating after the hearing. I have no idea how this works yet. Maybe nothing changes.
yes that's completely fine @phaijalkhan, thanks a lot for your inputs...I was just looking for your opinion as its no one's guess but at least after hearing the proceedings one can make a guess of what can be expected. I think it makes sense to hold on for the hotel booking as of now...and wait till Monday...just in case there are any changes made....just one more doubt, if you can tell.....what may the chances of hearing a final verdict on Monday itself?

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
yes that's completely fine @phaijalkhan, thanks a lot for your inputs...I was just looking for your opinion as its no one's guess but at least after hearing the proceedings one can make a guess of what can be expected. I think it makes sense to hold on for the hotel booking as of now...and wait till Monday...just in case there are any changes made....just one more doubt, if you can tell.....what may the chances of hearing a final verdict on Monday itself?
The judge said he will give the final verdict by Monday during the hearing. So I don't think I doubt it. Hold your booking. A day won't change anything anyway. Maybe there is some good news

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
The judge said he will give the final verdict by Monday during the hearing. So I don't think I doubt it. Hold your booking. A day won't change anything anyway. Maybe there is some good news
Exactly..@phaijalkhan, I am also thinking of the same, better to hold on with the bookings. Thanks for you inputs.

guneet420

Dec 12, 2018
Delhi
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
14-09-2020
I spent my 3 day quarantine at the double tree by hilton - it was amazing ! (Costed me 1057) They even let you go out to the patio if no one is out there and order from ubereats and instacart. The Manager was such a cool dude ! My university had made our quarantine free for the balance 11 days and even sent a pickup to the place. I'm still on day 9 of quarantine here. A lot of people from of UWaterloo and UWindsor had some difficulty with bags as they had to take a train on day 4 and rail canada has a limit of certain bags so they had to pay extra ( best to call and find out)

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
do anyone know about these?
I don't think technically there should be any problem with this arrangement. Nowhere the rules narrow down to such situations; automatically allowing this. However, such arrangements are risky. If found positive due to another person, one might have to go through institutional quarantine for 14 days which is not really a pleasant experience. But I understand the costs which can be saved here.

Last edited:
Reactions: jithinjohn323

Prabhat Singh

Aug 2, 2019
Hello guys, I have a query. I am trying to book a hotel for 3 nights quarantine with my debit card, it got booked but the amount did not got deducted and maybe it will be deducted when we reach Hotel, I think. So, in this case, will it be considered a valid booking?

P.S. I have received the confirmation number and email from the hotel.

Kindly help. Thank you in advance.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Hello guys, I have a query. I am trying to book a hotel for 3 nights quarantine with my debit card, it got booked but the amount did not got deducted and maybe it will be deducted when we reach Hotel, I think. So, in this case, will it be considered a valid booking?

Yes they will deduct it either a day before or on the day of your check-in. Different hotels have different policies. Nothing to worry. It is valid as long as it is a GAA booking.

Reactions: Prabhat Singh

guneet420

Dec 12, 2018
Delhi
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
14-09-2020

Takes a day or two for the charge to get initiated - please carry that card as they also levy a refundable deposit fee of 150$ on the card when you check in

fasalu101

Apr 5, 2020

Did you book with an Indian debit card? Is it possible to book with it? Which hotel did you book at? If you could please share, that would be helpful. Thanks.