+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
It looks like the hotels mentioned earlier in the thread for offering refunds of unused nights are not doing so anymore. I just called Fairfield, Alt hotel and a few others.
Back in February when I booked for Fairfield through the govt. phone line they said it was possible but now it seems they have changed their stance.

Last edited:

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
It looks like the hotels mentioned earlier in the thread for offering refunds of unused nights are not doing so anymore. I just called Fairfield, Alt hotel and a few others.
Doubletree in Montreal said that they were one of the only ones who gave refunds at first but the government asked them to stop doing it, so no more refunds. Bunch of BS.

sreekar545

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
I did 3-day hotel quarantine. This is the summary of the experience.
  1. You can't get out of the room (as per rules, but I don't really know whether this is strictly enforced)
  2. You will get shitty food 3 times a day.
  3. You will get one water bottle with each meal (500 ml) and you need to either use bathroom sink for more water OR buy each extra bottle (500 ml) at 2$/bottle. (Ridiculous)
  4. As soon as you get the negative report, you can show it to front desk and get out in less than 5 minutes, very easy process. They are NOT going to refund any money but taxes or something will be saved. I don't know exactly because they initially quoted me 1184$ and it came down to 1137$ when I checked out and was told they didn't charge taxes or something.
  5. They offer free shuttle to airport again if you want it.
You will be bored doing nothing in the hotel and winter makes it even more depressing but that's about it.

I feel like this is just a measure our beloved PM has taken to show the world that he is doing "something".

To everyone: Please don't justify the price when they charge us 380$ per day, they are just dropping "to-go" style food packets from random restaurant and calling it "food". It will probably cost them less than 30$ for 3 meals and for the security and cleaning they can charge us extra 30-50 bucks per day. It shouldn't have been more than 120-150$. Read about stockholm syndrome, which basically says when you can't do anything about the situation, you simply "submit". If there is enough voice on twitter and other places, at least future visitors will be saved from this mess.

P.S. I stayed at Holiday Inn

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
  1. You can't get out of the room (as per rules, but I don't really know whether this is strictly enforced)
  3. You will get one water bottle with each meal (500 ml) and you need to either use bathroom sink for more water OR buy each extra bottle (500 ml) at 2$/bottle. (Ridiculous)
  4. As soon as you get the negative report, you can show it to front desk and get out in less than 5 minutes, very easy process. They are NOT going to refund any money but taxes or something will be saved. I don't know exactly because they initially quoted me 1184$ and it came down to 1137$ when I checked out and was told they didn't charge taxes or something.
You will be bored doing nothing in the hotel and winter makes it even more depressing but that's about it.

I feel like this is just a measure our beloved PM has taken to show the world that he is doing "something".

To everyone: Please don't justify the price when they charge us 380$ per day, they are just dropping "to-go" style food packets from random restaurant and calling it "food". It will probably cost them less than 30$ for 3 meals and for the security and cleaning they can charge us extra 30-50 bucks per day. It shouldn't have been more than 120-150$. Read about stockholm syndrome, which basically says when you can't do anything about the situation, you simply "submit". If there is enough voice on twitter and other places, at least future visitors will be saved from this mess.

Sorry to hear about your experience

Mine is totally different, As i write this, i am checking out of the hotel after receiving negative reports

We are given a menu everyday in morning about the food choices and time it will be delivered. The food is top notch, with extra water bottles, already had around 10-15 water bottles before we checked in. Food has been awesome, my kids loved mix of western and Indian food. Breakfast with Pancakes, k

As for price we are charged 2500 CAD for for a family of four, all amenities available, Can go out of hotel for a break to get fresh air/smoke

So far not a bad experience.

Reactions: Ppun and YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Mine is totally different, As i write this, i am checking out of the hotel after receiving negative reports

We are given a menu everyday in morning about the food choices and time it will be delivered. The food is top notch, with extra water bottles, already had around 10-15 water bottles before we checked in. Food has been awesome, my kids loved mix of western and Indian food. Breakfast with Pancakes, k

As for price we are charged 2500 CAD for for a family of four, all amenities available, Can go out of hotel for a break to get fresh air/smoke

Which hotel chain did you stay in?

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023

What hotel is this?

sreekar545

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Which hotel chain did you stay in?
Exactly what I wanted to ask. Good that some hotels are treating people nicely. His experience is making me jealous, I asked for coffee and they told me I have to make (pretty bad) keurig coffee from the machine where no sugar or milk existed. Everything was just bad.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019

The most crucial information you missed to share is the name of the hotel, please share that.

milkury

Nov 18, 2020
Does anyone know if I arrive at 1 AM (only option I had) this first night will count to the 3-nights stay?
context: I'll arrive on the 18th veery early, and I see check in times are from 3 PM. I considered booking the day before, 17th, so I could arrive any time, but then I would like to know if this night that I'll arrive will count as a 3-nights stay, so I could leave on the 20th instead of 21st. Do you guys have any idea? I couldn't contact the government, they never pick up the phone, and the hotel didn't know either... o_O

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020

Thanks for sharing your experience. Do we atleast have WIFI connectivity during the stay so that we can work on something ?

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Exemption is just for the covid test.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers.html

Seems like one can be exempted from a hotel stay, too:

Exemptions from hotel stopover
Travellers are exempt from the 3-night hotel stay if they’re: