+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
Anyone booked for april first week , like to ask how you guys booked direct or through call. Is it possible to use debit card instead of credit . Did anyone used debit card pls reply or dm

Quqnus

Feb 25, 2021
Anyone booked for april first week , like to ask how you guys booked direct or through call. Is it possible to use debit card instead of credit . Did anyone used debit card pls reply or dm
I used a Debit card on Travelodge Vancouver, now they do not refund the security deposit unless I present myself in the hotel! I'm in the UK and booked the hotel for my mum ,,

Reactions: jithinjohn323

Huzaifa_Azhar

May 11, 2020
Hello guys....
I am travelling with my friend in the first week of april... Can we both can stay in the same room? Or we need to book 2 different rooms?
Or can anyone tell me about payment procedure... I don't have credit card can I use debit card?
Or they will deduct the amount during booking or at after arriving in canada?

Plzzz reply

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
So tried to check in at the Fairfield. They sent us to Double Tree (I think that's a Hilton sister or so). Non-refundable if you check out earlier and my SIM card is still at Fairfield.
I was 2 hours there before I could finally check into the room. Fairfield sent us to another hotel and this hotel didn't even know we were coming.
At least the price didn't change. 979$ for 3 nights, non-refundable but both covid tests are included.
After I came into the room I found a completely dry meal (toast, eggs and potato slices). Whatever.
Will take a nap now

maurelo23

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
$417 all inclusive for the quarantine rate? Including all the foods and so on? Seems to hrs to believe

For individuals wanting to land in Toronto, the Holiday Inn at 970 Dixon Road, Rexdale, Toronto, Ontario M9W1J9 appears to make sense cost-wise. I called them just a moment ago, and the price per night for a family of five like mine is $139CAD, including shuttle service from the airport. Only breakfast meal plan, though. Three night is $417CAD with refundable option of not using the three days in case the test result came out earlier. I think this is a good deal.
They are even ready to book for me for late April booking(the 48 hr only booking not an ish here..lol), but I had to tell the individual that I called to make inquiries first.

maurelo23

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
For individuals wanting to land in Toronto, the Holiday Inn at 970 Dixon Road, Rexdale, Toronto, Ontario M9W1J9 appears to make sense cost-wise. I called them just a moment ago, and the price per night for a family of five like mine is $139CAD, including shuttle service from the airport. Only breakfast meal plan, though. Three night is $417CAD with refundable option of not using the three days in case the test result came out earlier. I think this is a good deal.
They are even ready to book for me for late April booking(the 48 hr only booking not an ish here..lol), but I had to tell the individual that I called to make inquiries first.
their website says $329 per night. Don’t miss inform

patelshubh96

Mar 12, 2020
That is correct. When you book with HRG your card wont charge until you present physically at the hotel when you check in. They will ask you credit card and your ID than you will see Charge on your card.
also, When I book phone used my Debit Visa card but when I checked in they also ask me credit card just incase if Debit does not go through. Anyway what they did with me Charge my card security deposit $125cad Due to they put me on another hotel. Next day when I checked my debit card found my booking on phone was actually charged. I ask Front desk and I was told $125 will be refunded back to you when you check out this hotel and nothing will be charged to you except what HRG gave you total price. Checked out already and expecting credit $125 back but other charge $979 is non refundable.
What is HRG ?

patelshubh96

Mar 12, 2020
Does anyone have any experience with this exemption case ? I became covid positive in January.

There are only a limited number of exceptions where an individual is not required to do post-border testing:

• Resolved COVID-19 infection - persons who have molecular test proof to show they had a positive COVID-19 test taken between 14-90 days before travel

Reactions: tham_son

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone have any experience with this exemption case ? I became covid positive in January.

There are only a limited number of exceptions where an individual is not required to do post-border testing:

• Resolved COVID-19 infection - persons who have molecular test proof to show they had a positive COVID-19 test taken between 14-90 days before travel
Exemption is just for the covid test.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what about if someone in-home quarantine (Vancouver) needs to see Dr and medic due to some medical issue?
Please advise since my mom is in quarantine and has excessive shoulders pain, not resolved by any pain killer
Has she tried both acetaminophen and ibuprofen or something stronger if needed? If it is a muscular issue acetaminophen would not be affective. Is this an ongoing issue or did she have an injury that could have caused this? Could she identify why she has the shoulder pain?

If nothing is resolved you have to call public health and ask how to proceed or call an ambulance and explain she is in quarantine. Ambulance may be called anyway as a way to transport. In most provinces there is a charge for ambulances so hopefully she has travel insurance on top of the medical visit. There is a risk of going to the ER so I would only go if necessary.

Is your mother the international student? Your posts say you are in the UK and you're posting in the international student section.

Reactions: YVR123 and Toks01

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Honestly, I don't think the price of booking should increase in coming weeks. I guess more hotels would be approved, leading to a little drop in price.

That said, I think Canada is simply taking undue advantage of people. This is really 'crappy'. I am in the USA, where coronavirus related cases are even worse, yet they are not introducing this kind of nonsense measures to exploit people and make life difficult. The curve is getting flattened in the USA without the unnecessary drama being introduced by Canada.
The major reason international students are trooping to Canada is the ease of immigration after studies. That is the reason someone like me want to move to Canada through studies; to get PR through studies.
My experience so far with respect to the education system in Canada vs USA is that the USA system is not as rigid and crappy over non-relevant issues, especially as it relates to online classes. I have a lot of reservations about Canada but it is what it is. This is simply my personal opinion as an individual who has lived( still living),and studied in the USA. I am not here to debate with anyone who has a contrary opinion.
Hotels may need to adjust their prices once they determine the true cost of actually running what was required of them. Technically that can be up or down. The US it not something that should be used as a model when it comes to covid. Infections diseases go through cycles so after the 2nd wave the US (and Canada) has seen a decrease in cases but could see a third wave. The hope is that vaccinations prevent the 3rd wave or minimize the 3rd wave. You may not hear about it but there are certain areas of the US who are seeing a surge of covid at the moment. Other countries have started hotel quarantine programs due to the variant. Many are still studying 100% online and could remain at home to study if desired or don't want to pay the hotel quarantine fee.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry but anyone know that if I travel with a friend, can we book only 1 room?
Or only family can in the same room?
(2 friends of mine who will travel at end of March so they want to ask)
You shouldn't be able to because if one of you ha covid you would all get it if you shared a hotel room for a few days.