+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
No one knows when the mandatory 3 day airport hotel quarantine will end but the safe bet is that it will be in place until over 70's have largely been vaccinated. My guess is end of June.
I know March and April are impossible but maybe they ease it after all snow birds are back from spring breaks. Or the uni/college can provide some packets for students. Anything may happen in 2 months so I won't book anything until April. Just hoping though...

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Just wondering if I could some idea about the day 10 Covid test in Toronto and also If anyone got his/her SIN in person...Though service Canada centers are open.

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I'm not sure what the point of your statement is.

Most Canadians find the situation in the US to be handled terribly.

The government here is trying to reduce the possibility of variants coming in which they have to do as our vaccine supply is still limited.
Has the roll out of the three day quarantine been bad, yep. Is it necessary to do something, yep. Will the government learn from their mistakes and make changes, one can only hope.

If you have reservations postpone your travel.
Hellooo, it's not a BRAINER to understand that one needs to postpone one's travel if it is not very essential at this time. I want to believe that people travelling at this time , even not minding the ridiculously expensive 3-day hotel quarantine cost, have different valid reasons for travelling. On a personal level, if I wanted to travel to Canada even before the implementation of this stiffer CIVID-19 measure, I would have done so. I chose to study online outside of Canada, the first semester, for a reason .So, making the decision to travel to Canada at this time is highly non-discretional. It's only normal in expressing one's displeasure concerning the poor handling of the whole 'messy' situation by the Canadian government. Of course, the new variant is real. Every country of the world is combatting or putting in place measures against the new strain. However, what is happening in this' place of discourse' calls for concern.

My statement, or , if you like, the message I was trying to pass across was very simple: the government of Canada needs not pretend it's unaware of these non-ethical conducts of the hotels. Travelers are not really happy with the way things are being handled by the government, and this is being expressed in other online platforms apart from here.
As per your last statement, I wouldn't know what you inferred, or the 'tone' of the message. Incase it's a piece of advice, you may kindly keep it to yourself based on the introductory sentence of this piece. I would appreciate it if you could keep off my mention.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbenyamin

Mrutha

Jan 18, 2020
Does anyone know if we can get a SIN at the airport? I'm an international student arriving at YYZ airport

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
Sorry but anyone know that if I travel with a friend, can we book only 1 room?
Or only family can in the same room?
(2 friends of mine who will travel at end of March so they want to ask)

Feb 15, 2016
For individuals wanting to land in Toronto, the Holiday Inn at 970 Dixon Road, Rexdale, Toronto, Ontario M9W1J9 appears to make sense cost-wise. I called them just a moment ago, and the price per night for a family of five like mine is $139CAD, including shuttle service from the airport. Only breakfast meal plan, though. Three night is $417CAD with refundable option of not using the three days in case the test result came out earlier. I think this is a good deal.
They are even ready to book for me for late April booking(the 48 hr only booking not an ish here..lol), but I had to tell the individual that I called to make inquiries first.
can you give a number to call them

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
can you give a number to call them
$139 sounds like non GAA package. For a family of 5 you should expect a price of $4.5k+

May be you can use the $139 booking to board the flight at your home country. But once you are here, they will milk the extra $$$ from you. The sad story is you pay $4.5k+ for the exact same room that costed $400+

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Can go up to 6k for 5 with taxes. Back at home one may be the law out here at the hotel it's them.
Yup someone coming with a $400 reservation for a 5 member family is awaiting some nasty surprise.

Let the lord almighty bless them with the courage to face the bill

kartik20012021

Sep 13, 2020
If anyone has travelled to Vancouver, is the COVID-19 test at the airport free? and what about the one u take 10 days into your quarantine?

ram20plus

May 23, 2007
If anyone has travelled to Vancouver, is the COVID-19 test at the airport free? and what about the one u take 10 days into your quarantine?
As far as I know, the testing is free in all 4 airports and the testing kit for 10th day testing. Perhaps someone that has travelled can confirm.

Quqnus

Feb 25, 2021
what about if someone in-home quarantine (Vancouver) needs to see Dr and medic due to some medical issue?
Please advise since my mom is in quarantine and has excessive shoulders pain, not resolved by any pain killer