+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

KunalArora

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Hey guys has anyone travelled to Canada after the new restrictions have come into place from India and is a returning student?

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
Hey, if I come early in the morning, let's say 6AM May 4th and check-in time is 3PM, I will need to pay extra fee for early check in, right? Then stay 3 nights and check-out at 7th May?
Or should I book from May 3rd and check out at May 6th morning?
(I know if the result comes early, you can check out early, just to be safe in worst case...)
Also, in Toronto, after 3 days, will we need to do another 14 days or only 11 days?

kartik20012021

Sep 13, 2020
Okay guys, it will finally be my turn tomorrow morning. Flying and checking in at Fairfield!

Also, is the covid test at the airport to be paid immediately or is there like a payment plan or a bill that needs to be settled once I'm out of quarantine? Thanks in advance!

Will give an update once I arrived :)
Are you travelling to YVR?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hey, if I come early in the morning, let's say 6AM May 4th and check-in time is 3PM, I will need to pay extra fee for early check in, right? Then stay 3 nights and check-out at 7th May?
(I know if the result comes early, you can check out early, just to be safe in worst case...)
Also, in Toronto, after 3 days, will we need to do another 14 days or only 11 days?
Right off the bat for May ? Rather make sure the dates are available before planning the post booking strategy.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys has anyone travelled to Canada after the new restrictions have come into place from India and is a returning student?
Doesn't matter if you are a returning student or a first time student, 3 day quarantine still applies.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
Right off the bat for May ? Rather make sure the dates are available before planning the post booking strategy.
I will book 2 days before May. I'm looking for air tickets now so I want to ask which arrive time is good.
Still hoping they lift all of this before May...

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
I will book 2 days before May. I'm looking for air tickets now so I want to ask which arrive time is good.
Pace right now seems to be climbing at 2,300 rooms per week and getting the GAA reserved at Toronto may get competitive , April is good for May 2021 intake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ppun and sonson

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Toronto is 3+11 days

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Honestly, I don't think the price of booking should increase in coming weeks. I guess more hotels would be approved, leading to a little drop in price.

That said, I think Canada is simply taking undue advantage of people. This is really 'crappy'. I am in the USA, where coronavirus related cases are even worse, yet they are not introducing this kind of nonsense measures to exploit people and make life difficult. The curve is getting flattened in the USA without the unnecessary drama being introduced by Canada.
The major reason international students are trooping to Canada is the ease of immigration after studies. That is the reason someone like me want to move to Canada through studies; to get PR through studies.
My experience so far with respect to the education system in Canada vs USA is that the USA system is not as rigid and crappy over non-relevant issues, especially as it relates to online classes. I have a lot of reservations about Canada but it is what it is. This is simply my personal opinion as an individual who has lived( still living),and studied in the USA. I am not here to debate with anyone who has a contrary opinion.

Zx12345

Dec 29, 2020
Hello,
I was hoping to travel by the end of this month.
However, i have no clarity on the 3day followed by 14 day quarantine. I've read that the 3day quarantine prices have dropped down to below 700CAD. is it true? And how do i go about booking it.

And about the 14 day mandatory quarantine, can i just live with my cousins?( although i wont have private room,bathroom and other facilities).
If not, what'd be the minimum price range for 14 day quarantine?
It's so overwhelming to gather info from various sites.

Edit: I'd be entering canada through YYZ Airport.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,
I was hoping to travel by the end of this month.
However, i have no clarity on the 3day followed by 14 day quarantine. I've read that the 3day quarantine prices have dropped down to below 700CAD. is it true? And how do i go about booking it.

And about the 14 day mandatory quarantine, can i just live with my cousins?( although i wont have private room,bathroom and other facilities).
If not, what'd be the minimum price range for 14 day quarantine?
It's so overwhelming to gather info from various sites.
The rest of the quaratine 11 or 14 days (depending on your final destination city) is up to you to arrange.

You cannot share a bedroom and it's still under debate under this discussion to have your own private bathroom (I would highly recommand that arrangement). There is no minimum price range, you just have to serach and arrange your accomdation (air B&B or hotel or other short term rental).

I think the price hasn't really "dropped". Just that more hotels are on the list and some of them charge less.

Last edited:

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Honestly, I don't think the price of booking should increase in coming weeks. I guess more hotels would be approved, leading to a little drop in price.

That said, I think Canada is simply taking undue advantage of people. This is really 'crappy'. I am in the USA, where coronavirus related cases are even worse, yet they are not introducing this kind of nonsense measures to exploit people and make life difficult. The curve is getting flattened in the USA without the unnecessary drama being introduced by Canada.
The major reason international students are trooping to Canada is the ease of immigration after studies. That is the reason someone like me want to move to Canada through studies; to get PR through studies.
My experience so far with respect to the education system in Canada vs USA is that the USA system is not as rigid and crappy over non-relevant issues, especially as it relates to online classes. I have a lot of reservations about Canada but it is what it is. This is simply my personal opinion as an individual who has lived( still living),and studied in the USA. I am not here to debate with anyone who has a contrary opinion.
I'm not sure what the point of your statement is.

Most Canadians find the situation in the US to be handled terribly.

The government here is trying to reduce the possibility of variants coming in which they have to do as our vaccine supply is still limited.
Has the roll out of the three day quarantine been bad, yep. Is it necessary to do something, yep. Will the government learn from their mistakes and make changes, one can only hope.

If you have reservations postpone your travel.

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
No one knows when the mandatory 3 day airport hotel quarantine will end but the safe bet is that it will be in place until over 70's have largely been vaccinated. My guess is end of June.