+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Turn to Twitter like many others have done.

Their credit card company should be notified as a chargeback for the one night seems reasonable given these conditions were not disclosed at the time of booking or at check-in.
Feb 28 to Mar 2 is charged as 3 days on the bill, which needs to be disputed. 2021 isnt a leap year. Both of us are not in twitter :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Campaign over 450$ ? Better leave it as it is.
Why? Why is this OK?

Money shouldn't have been charged. Hotel is making a complete mess of resolving the problem. It's a huge corporation and they should be able to do way better. It's frankly completely inexcusable.

I used to travel a lot of work (pre-pandemic) and if one of my hotels had pulled this on me, I would have been all over them until they fix it.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Why? Why is this OK?

Money shouldn't have been charged. Hotel is making a complete mess of resolving the problem. It's a huge corporation and they should be able to do way better. It's frankly completely inexcusable.

I used to travel a lot of work (pre-pandemic) and if one of my hotels had pulled this on me, I would have been all over them until they fix it.
Ikr it’s not about the money, it’s about the principle and 450$ is not pocket change.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
@scylla Definitely if someone manages to find the time to do that in their busy schedule it's fine but really doubt if its worth the rivalry with the hotel and they can ban the customer in every chain of theirs in the future. Just my 2 cents.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ikr it’s not about the money, it’s about the principle and 450$ is not pocket change.
100% agree. It's not about the money. It's not that much money. It's the principle.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla Definitely if someone manages to find the time to do that in their busy schedule it's fine but really doubt if its worth the rivalry with the hotel and they can ban the customer in every chain of theirs in the future. Just my 2 cents.
It's not about creating a rivalry and no one is going to get banned for rightfully asking for their money back. A couple of well-placed calls / emails can fix something like this. One can go about this very politely but insistently. Insistent is the key word here.

Anyway - just my perspective as a Canadian...

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Feb 28 to Mar 2 is charged as 3 days on the bill, which needs to be disputed. 2021 isnt a leap year. Both of us are not in twitter :(
Sign up! It’s free and your story needs to be heard. Also recommend writing a review on tripadvisor or Google for this hotel. Many others have too.

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Student's residence is not permitted as it counts towards group living environment.
You must have a separate bedroom from everybody else that you did not travel with.
To be on the very safe side you can book an accommodation with a private bathroom. However, I've read some cases and a friend of mine who stayed with another person (both private bedrooms) and a shared bathroom.
But safest bet would be a private bathroom.
Just google "quarantine accommodation canada.ca" and you'll find everything you need G
Thanks! Yes, it make sense that to find a house with private bathroom and kitchen as well. I will try for that.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
It's not about creating a rivalry and no one is going to get banned for rightfully asking for their money back. A couple of well-placed calls / emails can fix something like this. One can go about this very politely but insistently. Insistent is the key word here.

Anyway - just my perspective as a Canadian...
Yes, $450 is a lot of money. But that is hardly the point. Although I doubt they will ban anyone for something like this, who wants to be in a hotel chain that treats their customers like this and siphon money off vulnerable people. There are many decent Hotel chains in every corner of the world. It's totally worth fighting this.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Thanks! Yes, it make sense that to find a house with private bathroom and kitchen as well. I will try for that.
Yeah find one with a private bathroom (and kitchen if needed) to be on a safer side. In case the officer doesn't except, you will be transferred to a government quarantine facility for 11 days. You dont want to go there i hear.

anmolwadera

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
It absolutely will, unless you are using a credit card with no foreign transaction fees. or the credit card issues by a Canadian bank
I know this depends person to person but can anyone tell me how much on average will the foreign transaction fees be?

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Yes, $450 is a lot of money. But that is hardly the point. Although I doubt they will ban anyone for something like this, who wants to be in a hotel chain that treats their customers like this and siphon money off vulnerable people. There are many decent Hotel chains in every corner of the world. It's totally worth fighting this.
Going through this article below,

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/ontario-family-facing-3-458-hotel-quarantine-bill-vows-to-fight-ludicrous-charge-1.5332728

Pay attention to bill image, its pretty much inline with the one my friend received. So if you stay for the 3rd night you may be charged with an addtional day.

So before checkin, Please confirm your checkout date/time with the hotel and if possible get it in writing. This is a SCAM, they charge you for a day as soon as you checkin.

Reactions: scylla

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Okay guys, it will finally be my turn tomorrow morning. Flying and checking in at Fairfield!

Also, is the covid test at the airport to be paid immediately or is there like a payment plan or a bill that needs to be settled once I'm out of quarantine? Thanks in advance!

Will give an update once I arrived :)