+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am student in Halifax Nova Scotia and currently doing online classes. As it is mandatory to do hotel quarantine in Nova Scotia for 14 days which is adding 1500 dollars other than 3 days hotel stay in Toronto. Now as my relatives are there in Toronto, I am bit hesitant to travel to Nova Scotia. Can someone please confirm if study permit will be issued in Toronto or halifax.if in Toronto, then can I opt not to travel to Halifax and stay in Toronto?

Thanx

Reactions: ynandal99

pilotfromhk

Star Member
Jun 21, 2020
Hello, 850/- in Vancouver is comparatively much cheaper. Glad you could get that! What dates did you book for? I've heard that the cost is varying by days i.e weekend vs weekdays.
Mine is from Thu to Sun.
1st night costs me 400 while 2nd&3rd night cost me 200. (Not sure why weekend is cheaper than weekday though)

girlonsneaks

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
h
Though this thread has 25,000 views and nearly 500 comments. Only around 6 persons have managed to book (including me). Seems no one booked at Montreal from this forum or any record exists in the internet so far.
hello i am planning to travel to calgary instead of ontario since my classes is still online this may and i have relative their offered me free accomodation for the mean time.

Upon checking the flights there is no direct flight to Calgary, i have to travel first to vancouver. Where should i have my hotel quarantine is it vancouver since its the POE? Also after that can i travel to calgary or should continue my 14day quarantine to Vancouver as well?

thank you

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
h

hello i am planning to travel to calgary instead of ontario since my classes is still online this may and i have relative their offered me free accomodation for the mean time.

Upon checking the flights there is no direct flight to Calgary, i have to travel first to vancouver. Where should i have my hotel quarantine is it vancouver since its the POE? Also after that can i travel to calgary or should continue my 14day quarantine to Vancouver as well?

thank you

3 night stay only at the initial port of entry (immigration will be done here) plus the remainder 11 days at the final destination. Good luck!

Last edited:

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hope the government finds another way to save the estranged struggling to get a line. It's written in the order in council that one may not be allowed to board the plane without the reservation.

Maybe some managed because they booked the flight ticket earlier before the rule was enforced before the 22nd and maybe was excused exceptionally ?
No guarantees that the call will be magically attended once landing in Canada nor the airliners allowing people to board without the government approved reservation especially in the coming months when travellers pour in.

Last edited:

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
I can't believe ALL travellers arriving at these airports will have booked the 3 day quarantine hotel, I wonder what has happened to them

Reactions: j8naid

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I can't believe ALL travellers arriving at these airports will have booked the 3 day quarantine hotel, I wonder what has happened to them
In response to concerns about people unable to book hotel rooms prior to arrival, the Public Health Agency of Canada said "PHAC officials at the airport will help any travellers who were not able to book their government-authorized accommodation".

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/travellers-struggle-book-quarantine-hotels-bc-1.5923821

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
In response to concerns about people unable to book hotel rooms prior to arrival, the Public Health Agency of Canada said "PHAC officials at the airport will help any travellers who were not able to book their government-authorized accommodation".

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/travellers-struggle-book-quarantine-hotels-bc-1.5923821
No where it states it will be waived. PHAC is being politically correct to dodge the media, again no guarantees :

"Gujariya said they are booked to take their COVID-19 pre-boarding tests and may have to take a chance and board the flight without a hotel reservation in the hopes that they will be able to make a booking once they arrive at Vancouver International Airport. "

tuweetuwee

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
So, finally I was able to book a hotel at Toronto! ❤

I called then yesterday at 6AM ET, somebody answered and unfortunately got disconnected.

I called again several time, but the last one was at 6:30AM ET (Using skype) and someone answered after 2 hours.

I was looking to book Fairfield Inn Toronto which is $279/night, but its fully booked already. Fortunately the agent, offered me Comfort Inn Toronto(not yet published at Canada website), it's $263/night for single occupany includes meal and transpo.

I asked th agent on phone if I can change the date if ever theres flight changes, she said its non refundable/no changes.

BUT I called the hotel reception afterwards, they told me if anything changes I just have to call them and they can change me to a different date.

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
No where it states it will be waived. PHAC is being politically correct to dodge the media, again no guarantees :

"Gujariya said they are booked to take their COVID-19 pre-boarding tests and may have to take a chance and board the flight without a hotel reservation in the hopes that they will be able to make a booking once they arrive at Vancouver International Airport. "
Um I never said it will be waived.... If someone manages to board their flight without a hotel confirmation, PHAC is quoted that they can make the booking at the airport. That's all.