+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But their COPR was expired.
Sorry had remembered the story differently but you are still arriving as a visitor so CBSA could still require you to enter as a visitor. You only qualify to enter because you fall under the travel restrictions for visitors to visit immediate family members. One of the reasons only the immediate family member can travel and not whole families. You may be able to land as a PR but CBSA could also say you must come in as a visitor.

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
What bring food with you. Your diet won't be the best but that's your only option. Make sure to look at what foods you are allowed to bring into Canada and declare that you are bringing food into the country.
But they'll still charge me for the meals. I'll ask them if the call connects. Thanks for your help.

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Sorry had remembered the story differently but you are still arriving as a visitor so CBSA could still require you to enter as a visitor. You only qualify to enter because you fall under the travel restrictions for visitors to visit immediate family members. One of the reasons only the immediate family member can travel and not whole families. You may be able to land as a PR but CBSA could also say you must come in as a visitor.
A TRV would need to have been applied for prior to travelling though. You get PR visa along with your COPR but you're saying this would be disregarded and the CBSA would ask for a TRV that you would have needed to apply for prior to travel and thus refuse entry? Seems like a huge misinterpretation to be missed on IRCC's website.

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
A TRV would need to have been applied for prior to travelling though. You get PR visa along with your COPR but you're saying this would be disregarded and the CBSA would ask for a TRV that you would have needed to apply for prior to travel and thus refuse entry? Seems like a huge misinterpretation to be missed on IRCC's website.

Foreign national without symptoms - non-U.S - Approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • not coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
  • approved after March 18, 2020 at noon EST
To be able to enter Canada, you must be sponsored by an immediate family member, and coming to Canada to settle permanently.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But they'll still charge me for the meals. I'll ask them if the call connects. Thanks for your help.
Yes they'll still probably still charge you. I was giving you the only option I can see working for you if you want to travel. You will run into the same problem throughout your time in Canada. Canada is not set up to accommodate your specific dietary requests so you will be limited to eating at home or in a limited number of restaurants which will only be available in certain cities/areas of cities.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Foreign national without symptoms - non-U.S - Approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • not coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
  • approved after March 18, 2020 at noon EST
To be able to enter Canada, you must be sponsored by an immediate family member, and coming to Canada to settle permanently.
I stand correctly. I haven't seen the updates. I apologize.

Feb 21, 2021
I have been on hold for hours and hours and I land at Pearson tomorrow, cannot get through.
Does anyone know what will happen if you can't book a room and you land?
I have rented a private house for a month, no one inside except me and my immediate family who are traveling with me.
I am moving to Tornoto for work, this is not leisure.

violamithra

Feb 21, 2021
Alt is most expensive, Four Points and Fairfield Marriotts cheapest. I booked Marriotts 979.27 CAD for single occupancy
Am trying to call non US phone number for last 10 hours via skype but the call is getting disconnect at 2 hr 30 mins. can you share any tip that you followed.. How do we crack this.. Really stressful.

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Am trying to call non US phone number for last 10 hours via skype but the call is getting disconnect at 2 hr 30 mins. can you share any tip that you followed.. How do we crack this.. Really stressful.
It was just luck like with 2 or 3 other guys' posts that I read here. Normally Skype hangs up at 3 hr and 4 mins. I got lucky some lady picked up at exactly 3 hr and 2 mins and the call didn't drop after 3 hr and 4 mins so I was able to book it. It was just luck. With my third time after 3 hours a woman picked up.. there's unfortunately nothing else to do than trying your luck :(

violamithra

Feb 21, 2021
It was just luck like with 2 or 3 other guys' posts that I read here. Normally Skype hangs up at 3 hr and 4 mins. I got lucky some lady picked up at exactly 3 hr and 2 mins and the call didn't drop after 3 hr and 4 mins so I was able to book it. It was just luck. With my third time after 3 hours a woman picked up.. there's unfortunately nothing else to do than trying your luck :(
Thank you! Ill keep trying. Any news what would happen if we are not able to book the hotel and land in toronto??

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Honestly if they are not requiring the reservation paperwork to board the aircraft they must allow you to book when you land, especially in the first few days. I would show the 1-800 call logs you have to the CBSA officer.