+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think you don't understand the meaning of a research program. Other than that I'm just amazed when indians like you don't support Indians who have literally wasted 7-8 months while waiting for their visa and now they're being forced to pay this absurd amount. I hope you will understand the pain of the students who mortgaged their houses and lands just to study outside India (Specifically Canada). All you're doing is blatantly supporting government which is actually a good thing but please dont forget you were in the same situation few years ago.
Canadians have also been affected by covid as well and once living in Canada you should be concerned about Canada's interest not India's. There is a lot of complaining about the fees but if everyone is honest most student are essentially buying PR they aren't getting nothing for their money and nobody is forcing people to mortgage or sell anything to study in Canada. There are other ways to qualify to immigrate to Canada. If Canada doesn't take stronger stance then you and your children will be paying more taxes and get less services if you become PR/citizens.

The government is again being very slow and couldn't get their act together and announce the rules this morning. Countries like the UK were able to implement something similar in a fraction of the time. We will all have to wait until the government posts information.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
guys, this forum topic is not the place to discuss whether one should fly to Canada or not. It also doesn't matter what government says about traveling considering many people invested in their studies, plane ticket and etc... Everybody got their own personal reasons for travel and it is of course upsetting for many students to pay serious amount of money. No need to act like a meathead nationalist and try persuading people how we should support every decision of Canadian government or any other government in that case.

Regardless of that, how the h.ll should we book an approved quarantine hotel? I know they haven't released hotels yet, bu there is also no direction.
I checked booking.com, they still show regular prices. anyone got any idea?

thanks
The government will post a link and instructions on how to book but they are clearly not ready:rolleyes:

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
Canadians have also been affected by covid as well and once living in Canada you should be concerned about Canada's interest not India's. There is a lot of complaining about the fees but if everyone is honest most student are essentially buying PR they aren't getting nothing for their money and nobody is forcing people to mortgage or sell anything to study in Canada. There are other ways to qualify to immigrate to Canada. If Canada doesn't take stronger stance then you and your children will be paying more taxes and get less services if you become PR/citizens.

The government is again being very slow and couldn't get their act together and announce the rules this morning. Countries like the UK were able to implement something similar in a fraction of the time. We will all have to wait until the government posts information.
Thank you so much for your valuable comment may god bless you with all the happiness and please don't comment about interests because India is the place I was born in and not everyone moves to other country to immigrate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahamira

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
"Ridiculous Comment". Haha here you go and may god bless you. If you want to follow a ideal model then you should research more about dubai and how they controlled covid 19 by implementing same rules like testing at airports and everything but they never forced anyone to opt for their plans (meal, taxi and security) governments can recommend us things but they cannot sell packages like travel agents.

https://edmontonjournal.com/business/justice-centre-suing-the-federal-government-over-requirement-for-travellers-to-quarantine-at-designated-hotels/wcm/d90de681-d2c0-4a0a-b83c-e378f6fb8911/amp/
You've posted a far right lobbying/law group so would take this case with a grain of salt. They are also fighting to allow a man to put GRABHER on his license plate because it was denied:rolleyes:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
  • Haha
Reactions: ChileanGerman

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Clearly couldn't get their act together in what has been the slowest roll-out ever.
Unprecedented times... As long as they can publish it very soon today. Here in Germany it is almost 9pm and I planned on booking flight, hotel, quarantine place today.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unprecedented times... As long as they can publish it very soon today. Here in Germany it is almost 9pm and I planned on booking flight, hotel, quarantine place today.
I usually am in agreement but this program was teased for around month and when it was announced we discovered no planning had been done and it took around another month to implement. Many larger countries with more traffic have gotten similar programs up and running quickly.

Reactions: ChileanGerman

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your valuable comment may god bless you with all the happiness and please don't comment about interests because India is the place I was born in and not everyone moves to other country to immigrate.
Even if they don't immigrate, if you're in Canada you need to be concerned about what is going on in Canada first because it has a direct impact on your life. The majority of international students intend to remain in Canada for for years if not permanently. If international students want to go back to in class learning or get a part time job it is important for Canada to have tight border controls in place.

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I usually am in agreement but this program was teased for around month and when it was announced we discovered no planning had been done and it took around another month to implement. Many larger countries with more traffic have gotten similar programs up and running quickly.
Yes, I'm feeling kinda trapped.
My plan is to go first week of March to Toronto. I have all my quarantine plans set up and everything. But the government also has to play its part and upload the hotel list so I can start booking everything.
If they don't have a list by 22nd February and they require us to stay at a hotel, how do we know which hotel it could be? I'm feeling trapped and feeling too reliant on the government :/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My plan is to go first week of March to Toronto. I have all my quarantine plans set up and everything. But the government also has to play its part and upload the hotel list so I can start booking everything.
If they don't have a list by 22nd February and they require us to stay at a hotel, how do we know which hotel it could be? I'm feeling trapped and feeling too reliant on the government :/
Assume it will either be up some time today or hopefully tomorrow. They should at least post that there has been a delay and when to expect the information.

Reactions: studentfrompoland

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Regardless of that, how the h.ll should we book an approved quarantine hotel? I know they haven't released hotels yet, bu there is also no direction.
I checked booking.com, they still show regular prices. anyone got any idea?

thanks
That's cynical, we are not the only ones travelling to Canada. A full list of hotels will be available shortly. Hang on.

karatekamil

Sep 7, 2020
That's cynical, we are not the only ones travelling to Canada. A full list of hotels will be available shortly. Hang on.
Of course, they will show the list of hotels soon, but it doesn't change the fact that this all process of information flow about the situation has been a complete failure. It is our right to be worried and angry. Considering there is only 4 days left for the hotel quarantine restriction and still no solid information about our next steps is very frustrating. It really can't be that hard to address these issues.

By the way, correct me if I am wrong but only around 5 percentage of international travel occurs from international flights in Canada. There is no hotel quarantine for travellers who come to Canada by land. And this 2000$ pricing is plain ridiculous. Before anyone tries to justify this amount of money, please check the similar applications that are being done in New Zealand, Australia and UK. Hotel quarantine there costs way less than in Canada. This whole process is just not right...

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
I think you don't understand the meaning of a research program. Other than that I'm just amazed when indians like you don't support Indians who have literally wasted 7-8 months while waiting for their visa and now they're being forced to pay this absurd amount. I hope you will understand the pain of the students who mortgaged their houses and lands just to study outside India (Specifically Canada). All you're doing is blatantly supporting government which is actually a good thing but please dont forget you were in the same situation few years ago.
I totally understand and I am speaking for not only Indians but Canadian population as well. Like I said, we are also going through mentally challenging times in the lockdown and unlike India, many in Canada are following restrictions and playing safe. We should respect their efforts as well.
Also, nobody knows what is coming in future. I am just saying that we all need to find a middle ground where everyone is playing their part.

To answer on your point regarding loans and mortgages, I graduated from US with USD $60,000 student loan.
Apart from that I paid CAD $30,000 on my brother's Canadian education and now I am financially supporting my friend who is coming to Toronto on Feb 23, 2021 to pursue his studies. I know how it feels to have a large debt sitting on the head.
From past 1.5 yrs, I am spending days and nights getting study Visas done for 2 of my cousins and a friend (check my old posts). They went through 2-3 visa rejections and finally they got the green light. I totally understand the frustration you guys are going through.

What I am suggesting that you all went through such long waits and showed immense courage to pass the hard time. You are almost there and now at the last step please don't let 1 or 2 things bother you this much. Just play along and walk towards your goal.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
"Ridiculous Comment". Haha here you go and may god bless you. If you want to follow a ideal model then you should research more about dubai and how they controlled covid 19 by implementing same rules like testing at airports and everything but they never forced anyone to opt for their plans (meal, taxi and security) governments can recommend us things but they cannot sell packages like travel agents.

https://edmontonjournal.com/business/justice-centre-suing-the-federal-government-over-requirement-for-travellers-to-quarantine-at-designated-hotels/wcm/d90de681-d2c0-4a0a-b83c-e378f6fb8911/amp/
You seems to be from India, so would like to inform you that when flights resumed after the Lockout 1.0, India also implemented institutional quarantine for 15 days in five star hotels for all international travellers and it was not cheap at all. Australia also has the same.
I read somewhere very recently that the cost would be 800 max for the days including three meals. It may also be cheaper.
The whole purpose of this is to discourage people from traveling willingly. If the purpose was to milk money from international travellers, then why they would include Canadians as well in this policy? Canadian govt want to stop Canadian themselves to travel out of Canada for Vacation to Sun destinations as this has been a trend during this period. Canadian govt also presented the fact that COVID spread from international travellers was less then 1%.

Reactions: lamnt0702