+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

YVRedmonton

Feb 25, 2021
I booked directly with Sandman Vancouver they confirmed that they are authorized to book since the 1800line can’t handle the in coming calls, costs me CAD 1218. The hotel sent me confirmation email with a 6 digits confirmation code. Heard about the HRG code thing so called Sandman again, they said they can only provide the confirmation number and “it’s also 6 digits”. Who should I call now to verify if this nonHRG works?

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
I booked directly with Sandman Vancouver they confirmed that they are authorized to book since the 1800line can’t handle the in coming calls, costs me CAD 1218. The hotel sent me confirmation email with a 6 digits confirmation code. Heard about the HRG code thing so called Sandman again, they said they can only provide the confirmation number and “it’s also 6 digits”. Who should I call now to verify if this nonHRG works?
So far from what I have read, only the airlines you are flying from may create problems. Once you land, even if you don't have a booking it's fine. You have a booking already so this shouldn't be a problem. Check with your airline about this confirmation number. Nowhere it's written this should be an HRG number. However the official government notification says it has to be booked with the official number. Despite of that many people who booked directly with the hotel were able to quarantine there. No one has been questioned about their method for booking.

Reactions: ChileanGerman

YVRedmonton

Feb 25, 2021
So far from what I have read, only the airlines you are flying from may create problems. Once you land, even if you don't have a booking it's fine. You have a booking already so this shouldn't be a problem. Check with your airline about this confirmation number. Nowhere it's written this should be an HRG number. However the official government notification says it has to be booked with the official number. Despite of that many people who booked directly with the hotel were able to quarantine there. No one has been questioned about their method for booking.
Thank you, I’m flying with Air Canada. Will call AC today to check.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Only HRG must be uploaded onto the ArriveCan.
Hotel stopover bookings are managed by GB Travel Canada Inc., and are available by phone only. Bookings can't be made directly with the hotel.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html
@YVRedmonton HRG is not a number, won't work or always be 6 digit for ArriveCan, for more crucial information, DM only.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChileanGerman

Tahosin Shah

Feb 23, 2021
Hey guys needed help I am all done now but regarding my ArriveCAN, there is a "Q" beside my arriveCAN code like it says ''Essential worker at quarantine location", will there be any problem if there is one? as before when I completed by ArriveCAN only there was my code and a tick sign.Please if you guys know something do let me know.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Canada is not India where you can easily get away trespassing rules. It's written everywhere that direct bookings are not allowed. Do try to understand the rules before coming to Canada and avoid circumventing the rules or posting without any proof/source.

For crucial information, DM only.

Last edited:

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Canada is not India where you can easily get away trespassing rules. It's written everywhere that direct bookings are not allowed. Do try to understand the rules before coming to Canada and avoid circumventing the rules or posting without any proof/source.

For crucial information, DM only.
Apparently you can get away with a lot of things even in Canada. It is not recommended but you can. This can happen in developed western world as well and not just in India. Your romanticization of western world that it is very sacred with its laws is flawed and is a cliche.

It is apparent in this case that many people have been able to book on spot because the government didn't do a good job with their pre-booking system.

I am not recommending that people should rely on that but I am giving verified claims by travellers who were able to. There are booths at the airport which give assistance.

You are just throwing a rulebook. Anyone can do that by going to the government website. We don't need you for that .This forum is to tell people real time situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: AkkiV and ehvargas

YVRedmonton

Feb 25, 2021
Hotel stopover bookings are managed by GB Travel Canada Inc., and are available by phone only. Bookings can't be made directly with the hotel.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html
@YVRedmonton HRG is not a number, won't work or always be 6 digit for ArriveCan, for more crucial information, DM only.
I just filled out the ArriveCAN app just to check where do I upload the HRG code despite I’m boarding on March 6th. I did not find any box for HRG to be filled in??? Is it cuz I’m a Canadian PR?

Mrutha

Jan 18, 2020
comfort inn is the cheapest. If you scroll down the past few pages you will get pretty much idea. Or you can make a call for all the places. I did for few (see below) and eventually you end up what is available at the moment.

Fairfield Inn and Suites Toronto Airport 305+taxes date change possible

Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport 309+taxes date change possible (prior to 24h)

Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport 329+taxes date change possible (prior to 24h)

Comfort Inn Toronto Airport 225+taxes date change possible

good luck.

I booked a room at Fairfield yesterday and the rate was $356 per night. I have booked for 11 march until 14 march.

Reactions: skg1988

Mrutha

Jan 18, 2020
Has anyone of you or any of your friends traveled and gotten their test results back in less than 3 days? Additionally, does anyone know if Fairfield offers a refund in case the result comes back by 2nd day or so?

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Has anyone of you or any of your friends traveled and gotten their test results back in less than 3 days? Additionally, does anyone know if Fairfield offers a refund in case the result comes back by 2nd day or so?
From what I've read in one post, they offer a refund.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
An account on facebook said "Just got my negative result , took 12 hours only, will see if I can leave today instead "

Waiting for more people to reveal this information.

Reactions: Mrutha and JoeJD

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
From what I've read in one post, they offer a refund.
Actually, this depends on the hotels. Some are more accomodating than others.

Won't make a difference to people who have their non-refundable flights to their final destination booked after 3 days plus AirBnb for the remainder of 11 days.