+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From PGWP to PR Pathway

parankapur

Sep 2, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am confused. I graduated from a 2 year PDD and now received my 3 year PGWP. I live in BC and am confused whether I should stay here and look for a full-time job or move to another province where I could secure a PNP easily?

I have a Bachelors degree back home and 2 years work experience as a "Front Office Executive". The problem and the question is," Does the title make a difference"? IRCC counts "Front Office Supervisor" in the NOC codes and not executive. However, my duties and responsibilities were of a supervisory role and match the ones laid in the website.

If I were to claim points for this and put this on my profile, would IRCC deny me points for this experience, or cancel my application completely, which would cause problems later?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone,

I am confused. I graduated from a 2 year PDD and now received my 3 year PGWP. I live in BC and am confused whether I should stay here and look for a full-time job or move to another province where I could secure a PNP easily?

I have a Bachelors degree back home and 2 years work experience as a "Front Office Executive". The problem and the question is," Does the title make a difference"? IRCC counts "Front Office Supervisor" in the NOC codes and not executive. However, my duties and responsibilities were of a supervisory role and match the ones laid in the website.

If I were to claim points for this and put this on my profile, would IRCC deny me points for this experience, or cancel my application completely, which would cause problems later?
Ask under PNP part of the forum, you'll get better help that way. This is EE part of the forum.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

Where would you secure a PNP easily? What is your CRS score? What about BC PNP? You match your job responsibilities, not title, to the NOC. So you can claim the experience for EE.

parankapur

Sep 2, 2020
Where would you secure a PNP easily? What is your CRS score? What about BC PNP? You match your job responsibilities, not title, to the NOC. So you can claim the experience for EE.
Its 497 with max IELTS bands and 1 year Canadian Work Experience. 517 if my 2 year work experience back home gets counted. My experience letter only has the designation mentioned on it. I don't have any document which states the duties and responsibilities apart from the Hilton's website which has my job posted on its official website which the duties etc. mentioned there. Would that be sufficient to claim experience?

Does the VO cancel the entire file if I cant claim points and flag me? or can i still apply if things dont work out for me?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Its 497 with max IELTS bands and 1 year Canadian Work Experience. 517 if my 2 year work experience back home gets counted. My experience letter only has the designation mentioned on it. I don't have any document which states the duties and responsibilities apart from the Hilton's website which has my job posted on its official website which the duties etc. mentioned there. Would that be sufficient to claim experience?

Does the VO cancel the entire file if I cant claim points and flag me? or can i still apply if things dont work out for me?
So you should get an ITA. You cannot take job responsibilities from the website. It must be a document from your employer like a signed contract.