+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From IEC to Visitor: Help with filling out the form correctly

Philigran

Oct 7, 2015
Hi guys,

I am currently on the IEC Visa (Working Holiday) and I want to change my status to Tourist so I can spend some more time in the country. I have read all about this process here on the forum already.

I just need to know one thing. In the application form I have to check one of the following options:

- Extension of my temporary resident status
- Restoration of my temporary status as a visitor
- Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Which is the right option in my situation? They also ask how long I intend to stay in the country...what is the max I can put in there?

They also give the option of uploading a letter stating your reasons for this extension. Is it recommendable to write a letter like this?

Thanks so much guys.

Philipp

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Philigran said:
Hi guys,

I am currently on the IEC Visa (Working Holiday) and I want to change my status to Tourist so I can spend some more time in the country. I have read all about this process here on the forum already.

I just need to know one thing. In the application form I have to check one of the following options:

Which is the right option in my situation? They also ask how long I intend to stay in the country...what is the max I can put in there?

They also give the option of uploading a letter stating your reasons for this extension. Is it recommendable to write a letter like this?

Thanks so much guys.

Philipp

Should be INITIAL TEMPORARY RESIDENCE

How long you could stay depends or your funds mainly.

Maximum it's 6 months, should be easier if you're from a non-visa country.

Letter of Explanation is really important. You have to explain clearly why do you want to stay, which plans do you have (itinerary, areas to visit. ..)

You have to add proof of funds available, and so be enough for your stay (look for details in this forum and CIC site)

You should show ties with your original country, obviously you don't have work or school waiting at home, perhaps family or something else.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Philigran said:

It's not #2 since you aren't out of status in Canada. It's not #3 since a TRP (temporary resident permit) is something you apply for when you are inadmissible to Canada - typically due to a crime. So if those are the only three options - then it has to be #1.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
scylla said:
It's not #2 since you aren't out of status in Canada. It's not #3 since a TRP (temporary resident permit) is something you apply for when you are inadmissible to Canada - typically due to a crime. So if those are the only three options - then it has to be #1.
Good to know!

Philigran

Oct 7, 2015
Great, so now I know it is number one and I also know I really have to put emphasis on that letter of explanation. I will definitely do that.

Thanks a lot.