+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From Federal Skilled Worker to Canadian Experience Class

jalbert

Jun 2, 2008
I applied for PR as a Federal Skilled Worker, but I now qualify under the new Canadian Experience Class. Is it possible to switch to that new class? Would I have to withdraw my application and apply under the new class? I'm sure that I'm not the only one in this situation. Please, share your thoughts.

jalbert

Jun 2, 2008
But, what should I do?

1-Send a new application under CEC wothout withdrawing the other one?
2-Withdraw FSW application and then re-apply under CEC?
3-Try to have my file moved to Buffalo to be processed as CEC?

mhtjy

Apr 9, 2008
Hi BCguy...

Is it possible to run parallel application, BCguy?

Please share your experience in this regard.

I am also in the same boat.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible to have a FSW and PNP applications parallel and when one gets to medical stage, withdraw the other one. Some people have done it. CEC is new but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same thing.

jalbert

Jun 2, 2008
Leon said:
It is possible to have a FSW and PNP applications parallel and when one gets to medical stage, withdraw the other one. Some people have done it. CEC is new but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same thing.
FSW and CEC are both at federal level. I wouldn't think that CIC would allow to have two applications at the same time for one person. I would like to confirm that with CIC.

jalbert

Jun 2, 2008
mhtjy said:
Hi BCguy...

Is it possible to run parallel application, BCguy?

Please share your experience in this regard.

I am also in the same boat.
I'm expecting news from CIC in regards to this issue. I'll let you know.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PNP can go parallel,But CEC and FSW,I have to confirm myself.But My contact at CIC says that moving from FSW to CEC is not a big deal.Will have coffee with him today

jalbert

Jun 2, 2008
BCguy said:
PNP can go parallel,But CEC and FSW,I have to confirm myself.But My contact at CIC says that moving from FSW to CEC is not a big deal.Will have coffee with him today
Thanks BCguy. I would really appreciate it if you could ask your contact at CIC about this, when you have coffee with him/her today. What would be my next steps if I were to move from FSW to CEC? Again, thanks for your support.

jalbert

Jun 2, 2008
jalbert said:
BCguy said:
Thanks BCguy. I would really appreciate it if you could ask your contact at CIC about this, when you have coffee with him/her today. What would be my next steps if I were to move from FSW to CEC? Again, thanks for your support.
Hey BCguy, any news from your contact at CIC?