Friends Kindly Help me in Preparing my Case

umarbajwa

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends,

I belong to Pakistan and a MBA graduate from local university. I have 2 years experience in Sales with MNCs, now I am looking forward to study in Canada. My top preference of field of study in Public Administration/ Public Policy, because I want to go in public sector. So i have plan to do Post-graduate diploma and then Phd from Canada. Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia and Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario are my choices. But I am bit confused here, because my father died and I have around 3 Million PKR to spend. So i want to ask 1. Should I go directly into Phd or take diploma program first, then off-campus work opportunities.

I heard of Canadian Experience Class permanent residency & after study work permit, So After graduating Diploma should I apply for the Work Permit and get one year experience for CEC PR status and further start Phd. Otherwise should I complete my Phd and then apply for work permit & CEC PR. Kindly help me.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
umarbajwa said:
Friends,

I belong to Pakistan and a MBA graduate from local university. I have 2 years experience in Sales with MNCs, now I am looking forward to study in Canada. My top preference of field of study in Public Administration/ Public Policy, because I want to go in public sector. So i have plan to do Post-graduate diploma and then Phd from Canada. Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia and Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario are my choices. But I am bit confused here, because my father died and I have around 3 Million PKR to spend. So i want to ask 1. Should I go directly into Phd or take diploma program first, then off-campus work opportunities.

I heard of Canadian Experience Class permanent residency & after study work permit, So After graduating Diploma should I apply for the Work Permit and get one year experience for CEC PR status and further start Phd. Otherwise should I complete my Phd and then apply for work permit & CEC PR. Kindly help me.
As it is evident that you are interested in doing PhD then why don't you try it directly. Search these universities website and search for the research areas of different professors. Contact them via their email address. If they agree to offer you PhD then what else you want. Usually when professor agree to offer you PhD he also finance it from his fund.

After Phd you will be authorized to get 3 years PGWP. Find a job and apply for PR.

If you don't want to go for PhD then you have this option of Diploma but keep in mind that VO is not giving more attention to Diplomas and Certificates application and getting visa for this would be difficult. Mostly diplomas are offered by colleges and it is a fact that university students get preference over college students in visa.

umarbajwa

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks inam for your prompt reply,

Well I decided to take admission in Master program first, my father is dead some months ago. And I going to sale some of my inherited property to have 40 Lacs for the bank statement and expenses. Our major property is on the name of my mother, will it be beneficial to take affidavit from them regarding property and showing to CHC for strong case.

What else should be done to show strong ties with homeland ? As I dont want to get rejected. Help me

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
umarbajwa said:
Thanks inam for your prompt reply,

Well I decided to take admission in Master program first, my father is dead some months ago. And I going to sale some of my inherited property to have 40 Lacs for the bank statement and expenses. Our major property is on the name of my mother, will it be beneficial to take affidavit from them regarding property and showing to CHC for strong case.

What else should be done to show strong ties with homeland ? As I dont want to get rejected. Help me
Yes, You can show your mother's property as a home tie. It is as strong as if it was in the name of your father. However, you should show Family Registration Certificate so that you show a proof that she is your mother. Take Affidavit from your mother stating that she has this much land on her name and as your mother she wants you to study in canada and will provide all financial support. and you will not seek help from any public fund etc.

Property and Family registration certificate are strong home ties. You can also write that as your respected father has passed away so as a son its your responsibility to look after your family and you have to return back to Pakistan so that you play your role.