+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Friends Help needed in some questions, please.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Hi Dear Friends,

Yesterday I received my BOWP, but the date on BOWP is incorrect. Issue Date 07-May-2015 and expiry 05-May-2015--->(here should be 2016) they misprinted instead of 2016 to 2015. Also important thing in bottom of BOWP where the notes written the date is correct. It Says you must leave Canada before 05-May-2016.

Question # 1: What do I need to do ? should I request for NEW BOWP ? or its a small mistake because it also does not make sense that expiry date is before issuing date. ? Please advise.

Question # 2: I have plan to go back home on vacations so I need Visa, now I need to send this BOWP copy to CIC for Visa stamping, so this will create problem for Visa ? Please advise.

Question # 3: My PR file is in second review, did not got any response from CIC. I want to marry is it good to add my spouse in PR ? Please advise.

I would really appreciate your experience. Thank you in Advance

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cecpet said:
Yesterday I received my BOWP, but the date on BOWP is incorrect. Issue Date 07-May-2015 and expiry 05-May-2015--->(here should be 2016) they misprinted instead of 2016 to 2015. Also important thing in bottom of BOWP where the notes written the date is correct. It Says you must leave Canada before 05-May-2016.
It's not a small thing, call CIC to find out how to get it corrected ASAP.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Call CIC and inform them about the issue.. im sure they will tell you the process of how to get the corrected letter.. it shouldnt be an issue as its evidently a typing error..

as for adding your spouse to PR file.. it will delay your application by a few months.. but this delay is definitely less than applying for her after getting your PR

cecpet said:
Hi Dear Friends,

Question # 1: What do I need to do ? should I request for NEW BOWP ? or its a small mistake because it also does not make sense that expiry date is before issuing date. ? Please advise.

Question # 2: I have plan to go back home on vacations so I need Visa, now I need to send this BOWP copy to CIC for Visa stamping, so this will create problem for Visa ? Please advise.

Question # 3: My PR file is in second review, did not got any response from CIC. I want to marry is it good to add my spouse in PR ? Please advise.

I would really appreciate your experience. Thank you in Advance

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Any one else please, if same thing happened with someone ?
Do I need to correct my date or I can apply for visa ??

Please advise.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cecpet said:
Any one else please, if same thing happened with someone ?
Do I need to correct my date or I can apply for visa ??
You need to correct the date, but after you contact CIC and get that process started, you should go a head and apply for your visa, with a letter of explanation. The person who issues the visa should be able to verify that the date is being corrected...

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
jes_ON said:
You need to correct the date, but after you contact CIC and get that process started, you should go a head and apply for your visa, with a letter of explanation. The person who issues the visa should be able to verify that the date is being corrected...
JesOn,

+1 for you, really your answers was very helpful.
I contacted CIC agent he told me he requested to Alberta office to issue me BOWP with correct dated.
But now you are suggesting me to apply for Visa with out getting the NEW BOWP with correct date. Is it good idea to apply ? This will not delay my visa process ? or should I wait for my new BOWP. ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cecpet said:
JesOn,
+1 for you, really your answers was very helpful.
I contacted CIC agent he told me he requested to Alberta office to issue me BOWP with correct dated.
But now you are suggesting me to apply for Visa with out getting the NEW BOWP with correct date. Is it good idea to apply ? This will not delay my visa process ? or should I wait for my new BOWP. ?
That depends on when you need the visa, and how long CIC said it would take to get the corrected one...

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
jes_ON said:
That depends on when you need the visa, and how long CIC said it would take to get the corrected one...
Thats what I am confusing about. Because CIC just told me that I will received in few days and I dont know When I will received the corrected one. I already booked the ticket for 9th July.
Dont know have to wait for new BOWP or should I apply on this one .. :( because visa process also has to take time.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
you can also apply for the TRV from your country, depending on local processing times (can you get it before you're scheduled to return?).

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
jes_ON said:
you can also apply for the TRV from your country, depending on local processing times (can you get it before you're scheduled to return?).
No Jes-on,

It involves risk, because I am going through connecting flight. Other airports can ask me for Visa. So I have to get one from here.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
jes_ON said:
I just spoke with CIC agent again, and he said to me that your request is under consideration means they did not dispatch the BOWP yet. So it will take week or so. Now I am going to apply today for Visa on my previous BOWP permit with an explanation letter.