+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Friendly advice wanted

dphobson

Sep 3, 2013
Hi everybody,

Sorry if this isn't the right place, I'm after a little bit of advice and you all seem like a friendly bunch so I thought I'd sign up and give it a hot here.

Surprisingly I want to emigrate to Canada. I am British and have wanted to emigrate to Canada since I was about 8, I have an aunt in Canada who moved there when she was 18 (now 51) and have visited here many times and loved it every single time. After uni I lived there for 18 months too on a work visa for the first year and a holiday visa after that (ski hill for 6 months, golf course for 6 months and living off of the credit card for 6 months).

Last year my girlfriend and I went over on a holiday for 3 weeks and I used it as a show piece to see if she'd be interested, fortunately she loved it and wants to go too. We are now 30, about to be married (4 weeks to go) and really starting to look into this seriously as it'll be houses/baby time in the next few years and I'd rather spend the money on a house/baby over there if I have the option.

I have a degree in computing and am currently a computer programmer for a small company that codes software for banks and financial institutions for processing payments, as it's a small company we all do a lot of different things so I have quite a large set of skills, I have worked in this industry for just shy of 6 years. My girlfriend is an admin assistant to a health sciences department at a university but doesn't have any university qualifications which means that I will most likely be the one who needs to head this up. Money-wise we do ok and we could easily live off of my wage if it came to it.

With my job I have the ability to work from anywhere that has an internet connection, so if I already have a job that I can move with does that give me any advantage? Is it in anyway similar to having a job lined up? I already sort out all my own taxes out here so all I could just move over and start paying taxes there.

My aunt is quite willing to sponsor us, is she even able to do that?

Thanks in advance for any responses, I hope you can help,

Daniel.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Start here - > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp and see what options you have. You could also look at provincial nomination programs as that might give you other routes.