+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Friend has their own business, offer LMIA?

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Hey,

So my friend has their own very reputable business located in Calgary, they have asked me to post on their behalf.

They want to hire a friend so they can get status in canada, they are under qualified for the job but would apply for the LMIA on the basis that they would give them the LMIA, is there any ruling on this? obviously if they get audited or something then they are in trouble but i dont recall they ask to see that particular persons set of skills, its all what they put on the form.

So what i'm asking is, can my friend offer and LMIA to another friend that is underqualified for the position but would show they are more than able and the liklehood of finding a Canadian for the job is second to none.

From my thinking, it would be a risk for the business owner as it would be the business that would be ruined if they were found out.

would AINP make more sense?

alwayshappy

Aug 13, 2014
Of course it is a risk to ruin his own business especially if they are cheap, misrepresentation fines start from 10 000 to 100 thousand cdn dllrs depends the case but sounds your friend is likely to lie about every single aspect of the application from lack of effort to hire a permanent /canadian citizen to lie about the skills the friend have, so most likely he will get the 100 000 thousand fine, or jail. Plus when immigration know and find out what your friend is doing is when they restrict more and more the rules for foreign workers. Just sad how people just think about themselves.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
See, this is what i said but he didnt believe the implications, now he does.

His choice,

thanks for the words.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
jaybakerca said:
Hey,

So my friend has their own very reputable business located in Calgary, they have asked me to post on their behalf.

They want to hire a friend so they can get status in canada, they are under qualified for the job but would apply for the LMIA on the basis that they would give them the LMIA, is there any ruling on this? obviously if they get audited or something then they are in trouble but i dont recall they ask to see that particular persons set of skills, its all what they put on the form.

So what i'm asking is, can my friend offer and LMIA to another friend that is underqualified for the position but would show they are more than able and the liklehood of finding a Canadian for the job is second to none.

From my thinking, it would be a risk for the business owner as it would be the business that would be ruined if they were found out.

would AINP make more sense?
They could always apply for the LMIA but in all likelihood the work permit would be rejected if the employee is not qualified.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
They could always apply for the LMIA but in all likelihood the work permit would be rejected if the employee is not qualified.
Unless that was fabricated also was the argument. He has seen sense now anyways.