+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

friend from South Africa wants to visit TRP was rejected

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello:
I recently was in South Africa for nine months and met a family which took me in for a few months... I offered the same hospitality to the girl that is 31 years old and has two children... She finally agreed to come to Canada and we set out on the application process... We went through Visa Express in South Africa that assured us our application was good enoug...
we gave a cover letter from her, a letter from her boss giving her leave from work, documents that she owns her own house...stated that she has two children that she loves and will miss very much and a letter of invitation from me with bank details (80,000) cash....
The visa was rejected saying that she did not prove she had strong ties to South Africa, and has no travel history... Can anyone help me to go about getting a visitors visa... As she will leave the country as per her visa... we need to convince the Immigration Officer of this... and I don't want to waste alot of money on applying many times... I would like to get it next try...
Also we applied for a multiple entry visa... this being her first trip to Canada I didn't know if that made a difference on the rejection... or if they would of granted her a single entry if they thought she was admisable...

thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It was probably a bad idea to apply for a multiple entry. This makes it seem like she is more than just a tourist (since she wants to visit Canada multiple times).

If you apply again - I would go with a single entry visa. Is there any other supporting documentation she can provide to show strong ties to South Africa? If not, there may not be much point in applying again and you may have to visit her instead.

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Tell you the truth I can't make heads or tales out of the letter of rejection they sent us.... it was scanned and sent to me... there are so many points on it... some have an O and only one has a D.... and not all are on the same margin... very hard to decifer..
Visa Express the company that submitted the visa application for us... appologized to me and said there were only three points the visa was denied on... but from looking at the letter your guess is as good as mine..

here it is

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and
the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.

IXI You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

O Your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada
I&l Your travel history o Your immigration status
D Your family lies in Canada and in your country of residence
[gjlength of proposed stay in Canada
l&l Purpose of visit o limited employment prospects in your country of residence o Your current employment situation O Your personal assets and financial status o That you have a legitimate business purpose in Canada o I am not satisfied that you have answered truthfully all questions put to you.

O I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

O You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your I your host's income and assets.

O You have made an application for a temporary resident visa in the transit visitor category. As you are
planning to remain in Canada longer than 48 hours, you do not meet the requirements of this category.
You must make an application for a temporary resident visa in the visitor category and pay the
associated cost recovery fees.

O You have submitted documentation which lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has
diminished the overall credibility of your submission.

O You have not complied with our request for information, as per section 16(1) of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for:

O Completion of a medical examination
O An interview
O The following documents:

Obviously not all of this is relevant to our application.... I mean no request was made for any of those points medical interview or following documents...
thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dinto said:
Tell you the truth I can't make heads or tales out of the letter of rejection they sent us.... it was scanned and sent to me... there are so many points on it... some have an O and only one has a D.... and not all are on the same margin... very hard to decifer..
Visa Express the company that submitted the visa application for us... appologized to me and said there were only three points the visa was denied on... but from looking at the letter your guess is as good as mine..

here it is

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and
the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.

IXI You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

O Your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada
I&l Your travel history o Your immigration status
D Your family lies in Canada and in your country of residence
l&l Purpose of visit o limited employment prospects in your country of residence o Your current employment situation O Your personal assets and financial status o That you have a legitimate business purpose in Canada o I am not satisfied that you have answered truthfully all questions put to you.

O I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

O You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your I your host's income and assets.

O You have made an application for a temporary resident visa in the transit visitor category. As you are
planning to remain in Canada longer than 48 hours, you do not meet the requirements of this category.
You must make an application for a temporary resident visa in the visitor category and pay the
associated cost recovery fees.

O You have submitted documentation which lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has
diminished the overall credibility of your submission.

O You have not complied with our request for information, as per section 16(1) of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for:

O Completion of a medical examination
O An interview
O The following documents:

Obviously not all of this is relevant to our application.... I mean no request was made for any of those points medical interview or following documents...
thanks
Only statements marked with an X are germaine to the application for TRV (Not TRP which are for inadmissible persons)

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Thats the thing ppm there was no x's on the letter just O's and one D so I don't know what to make of it... thanks for your help..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Take a look at the letter a bit more carefully. There is more than just Os and Ds. From what you've posted, it looks like the following are checked:

I&l Your travel history
l&l Purpose of visit

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
I&l Your travel history
l&l Purpose of visit

do you know what [gj] means? Thank you so much for your help, I was so confused by that letter.... How do you think we can convince the immigration officer.. because her travel history is Nil.... The purpose of visit is to spend time with me until next fall when I return to South Africa.... The length of her stay... well the Canadian Government grants six month visa's don't they...

I sure appreciate you taking the time to explain that to me..

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Scylla:
Would you know if the d means anything

DYour family lies in Canada and in your country of residence

or just the points you mentioned...
is the [x] that we have not satisfied them that she would leave at the end of her stay....

is that a point, or are the other things they checked the points why they don't feel she would leave?

its sure confusing....

thanks again for your help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dinto said:
Scylla:
Would you know if the d means anything

DYour family lies in Canada and in your country of residence
I don't know. The person who has the original letter (not the scanned copy) should take a look at this part of the letter. They should be able to tell if the officer has marked this item or not.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dinto said:
I&l Your travel history
l&l Purpose of visit

do you know what [gj] means? Thank you so much for your help, I was so confused by that letter.... How do you think we can convince the immigration officer.. because her travel history is Nil.... The purpose of visit is to spend time with me until next fall when I return to South Africa.... The length of her stay... well the Canadian Government grants six month visa's don't they...

I sure appreciate you taking the time to explain that to me..
I don't think [gj] means anything. I think this is really an "x" and this is how it came out in the scanned copy. You really need to get your hands on the original.

As for how you can convince CIC - the challenge you face is that they have guessed what your friend's real intentions are. As you said in your earlier postings, she wants to come here so that she can marry you. CIC has pieced this together based on the fact that she hasn't really traveled before but suddenly wants to visit Canada for six month (this is a very long visit for a tourist who hasn't traveled before and for someone who doesn't have much disposable income) and has received an invitation from you (presumably a male). It doesn't take much to guess what's really going on because they've seen these types of situations many times before.

If there is any evidence that your friend did not include in her original application, then apart from spending more money - I don't see the harm in applying again. However even if you do, I think the chances of being approved are extremely slim. You're very likely going to have to change your plans and travel there to marry her - and then sponsor her outland.