+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

** French TR to PR Streams Processing Timelime/Voie d'accès RT à RP pour les Francophones - Temps de Traitement.**

Buda01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
You will most probably at some point receive a letter requesting you to prove intent to reside outside of Quebec. Most people who applied in French stream in July 2021 got AOR in late October 2021. So, I estimate you will get yours as well around February or latest March 2022. Since you will be done school in May 2022, if you can get a job offer in Ontario by February 2022-ish (even though the actual job may start later like in June), by the time the officer sends you the letter to prove you will move out of Quebec, you will submit the employment offer letter and it should be OK. In case you don't have a job offer , you can transfer your driving license to Ontario and find a lease in Ottawa that starts in May or June 2022 as proof of intent to reside outside of Quebec after you're done school. I am not an immigration consultant but in your case I see those options as the best so far to prove intent,
Thank you for your time and info!

alaach94

Nov 4, 2021
Hello everyone, I applied last week through the French speaking IG, but the thing js I finished my studies this month (right before applying) I uploaded all the documents but I won't be getting my degree until the convocation in February. I uploaded the official letter from the university as instructed in the guide (the degree and/or a letter from the institution...) still Im worried that they might request the actual degree before February ( I'm hoping they take their time with my application )... any thoughts or if someone had a similar experience in other streams thank you!

wannaknowitall

Star Member
Jul 19, 2021
Ontario
Hello everyone, I applied last week through the French speaking IG, but the thing js I finished my studies this month (right before applying) I uploaded all the documents but I won't be getting my degree until the convocation in February. I uploaded the official letter from the university as instructed in the guide (the degree and/or a letter from the institution...) still Im worried that they might request the actual degree before February ( I'm hoping they take their time with my application )... any thoughts or if someone had a similar experience in other streams thank you!
If you submitted your transcript and a letter confirming you graduated, don’t worry about it. They might not even need the diploma itself. Otherwise, I’ll for sure take them a while to get to your app. I applied mid July and still nothing :) so don’t worry

Reactions: alaach94

Buda01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Guys,

I have a study permit, which allows me to work only 20 hours a week. It expires in July 2022. I applied for PR pathway and I got the confirmation email.

Can I apply for that open work permit to improve my conditions of work? What do you you guys think?

wannaknowitall

Star Member
Jul 19, 2021
Ontario
Guys,

I have a study permit, which allows me to work only 20 hours a week. It expires in July 2022. I applied for PR pathway and I got the confirmation email.

Can I apply for that open work permit to improve my conditions of work? What do you you guys think?
Did you finish your studies? If you graduated you Can just get PGWP. If you are still studying you have to finish your studies first

Buda01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Did you finish your studies? If you graduated you Can just get PGWP. If you are still studying you have to finish your studies first
No, I did not, but during my studies I worked and with those hours of work I applied under this TR to PR as a french speaking worker.

So now would I be able to apply under that work permit?

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
No, I did not, but during my studies I worked and with those hours of work I applied under this TR to PR as a french speaking worker.

So now would I be able to apply under that work permit?
You simple can't. You must respect the condition of your study permit in any circumstances and even if you have 10 work permits which allow you to work more than 20 hours per week, there will always be your only study permit which stops you from doing so.

Buda01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
You simple can't. You must respect the condition of your study permit in any circumstances and even if you have 10 work permits which allow you to work more than 20 hours per week, there will always be your only study permit which stops you from doing so.
If I receive my open work permit, would not my study permit be replaced by those conditions? To put you in context tho, I'm about to finish, I'm currently in my last semester at university.

I don't understand why would I not be able to apply, but at the same time I don't know if the conditions for the OWP applies to students that worked during the pandemc aswell.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
If I receive my open work permit, would not my study permit be replaced by those conditions? To put you in context tho, I'm about to finish, I'm currently in my last semester at university.

I don't understand why would I not be able to apply, but at the same time I don't know if the conditions for the OWP applies to students that worked during the pandemc aswell.

If you already in your last semester then the processing time for OWP will surely exceed your studies as there are only more than a month left to the end of Fall semester.

You may want to keep in mind that your major current status in Canada is still student until your studies are done.

Buda01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
If you already in your last semester then the processing time for OWP will surely exceed your studies as there are only more than a month left to the end of Fall semester.

You may want to keep in mind that your major current status in Canada is still student until your studies are done.
Is there a restriction regarding possesing both permits at the same time?

wannaknowitall

Star Member
Jul 19, 2021
Ontario
Is there a restriction regarding possesing both permits at the same time?
I think you have to have a work permit that’s about to expire to get owp but not sure. You definetly can’t apply for any work permit until you finish your studies.
they asses your application like as if it’s the day it was submitted. You’d be studying the day you submitted and didn’t qualify then, doesn’t matter that time will pass before they assess

Reactions: Buda01

Piquine

Nov 1, 2021
Bonjour la gang moi j'ai postuler début juin (francophone diplômé) j'ai eu numéro un numéro de demande en mi octobre et fin octobre j'ai eu une lettre mais faisant partie de payer le frais biométries et de soumettre le par reçu suite je recevrai la lettre d'instruction biométries, j'ai donc appelé( service client) pour qu'on m'ajoute ce jour même, mais depuis ce jour ça fait maintenant deux semaines je reçois toujours pas la lettre d'instructions pour prendre rendez-vous et fournissez mes données biométriques. Qui a eu des vécus comme moi comment avez reçu votre lettre en combien de jours,merci d’avance.

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
  • Stream: International Graduate French (inside Quebec)
  • Submitted: Nov 5, 2021 (Submitted at 3:38pm EST)
  • AOR: Not yet received
  • Biometrics: Haven't submitted before
  • Medical and PCC: Medical Submitted (Old one from study permit (2018), PCC was in processing (attached screenshot)
  • Eligibility: -
  • Admissibility: -
  • eCOPR: -