+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

French SRS Maintenance Label

chelctron

Sep 21, 2016
Hey guys, I have run into a bind. For the last week, I have been trying to get my vehicle, a 2007 Honda C-RV inspection ready. I took my car to my local Canadian Tire and it failed inspection because it didn't have a bilingual srs maintenance label on the sun visor.
The inspector, who was very rude was not helpful at all in helping figure out how to get one if these labels. He suggested I go to the nearest Service Ontario to figure it out.
So I go to Service Ontario and they phoned several auto dealers in town to get some idea what to do. Every dealer in town suggested going to a wrecker to obtain salvage stickers from a junked car. Seeing as these stickers are pretty much all the same from one car to the next, I think, "that's not a bad idea but I should call Honda to make sure." I phoned the nearest Honda dealer and that's exact what they told me to do because my only other option would be to buy a whole new assembly and they quoted me $500 just for the visor!
I take the advice of the Honda dealer and head down to the wrecker to find a salvage sticker and it was a success!
I was so thrilled that this headache was almost over. I get my new sticker, I affix it over the original on my visor and proudly go back to Canadian Tire ti complete my inspection.
Bombshell...the inspector (service manager) refused to pass it. Again, he was very rude in his approach and just told me, "you can't just go get a sticker from any old car and put it on. You have to do it proper."
Needless to say, I was very upset and I tears by the time I got back to my car. Here I am with a near empty tank of gas, no money and a 20 minute drive from home and i had nothing to show for it.
I have been searching and searching and searching for a new visor and so far NOBODY has any with the French srs label. I have no idea what to do. The RIV graciously gave me a month extension to complete my registration process but I'm just feeling defeated. I don't understand why a salvage sticker isn't "proper" and I have no idea how to get stickers that this guy is going to accept. Please help! :'(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey guys, I have run into a bind. For the last week, I have been trying to get my vehicle, a 2007 Honda C-RV inspection ready. I took my car to my local Canadian Tire and it failed inspection because it didn't have a bilingual srs maintenance label on the sun visor.
The inspector, who was very rude was not helpful at all in helping figure out how to get one if these labels. He suggested I go to the nearest Service Ontario to figure it out.
So I go to Service Ontario and they phoned several auto dealers in town to get some idea what to do. Every dealer in town suggested going to a wrecker to obtain salvage stickers from a junked car. Seeing as these stickers are pretty much all the same from one car to the next, I think, "that's not a bad idea but I should call Honda to make sure." I phoned the nearest Honda dealer and that's exact what they told me to do because my only other option would be to buy a whole new assembly and they quoted me $500 just for the visor!
I take the advice of the Honda dealer and head down to the wrecker to find a salvage sticker and it was a success!
I was so thrilled that this headache was almost over. I get my new sticker, I affix it over the original on my visor and proudly go back to Canadian Tire ti complete my inspection.
Bombshell...the inspector (service manager) refused to pass it. Again, he was very rude in his approach and just told me, "you can't just go get a sticker from any old car and put it on. You have to do it proper."
Needless to say, I was very upset and I tears by the time I got back to my car. Here I am with a near empty tank of gas, no money and a 20 minute drive from home and i had nothing to show for it.
I have been searching and searching and searching for a new visor and so far NOBODY has any with the French srs label. I have no idea what to do. The RIV graciously gave me a month extension to complete my registration process but I'm just feeling defeated. I don't understand why a salvage sticker isn't "proper" and I have no idea how to get stickers that this guy is going to accept. Please help! :'(
1. Go to another inspection station.

Reactions: chelctron

Pooja Panwar

Jun 9, 2022
Hi, finally did you get the sticker somewhere, we need to go for our imported vehicle inspection, so need the visor sticker with French as well. Can you tell where will we get it?