+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

French language test equivalency chart changes

Samlys

Jan 4, 2024
Hey everyone, i recently received my TEF Canada results which i passed on 14/12/2023, and based on the assessment, I believe I should be admissible for Express Entry with their new score charts because i got NCLC7 with a 442/669 .However, when attempting to register on the immigration site, it indicated that I’m not admissible because the site is still using the old score equivalence.

So with the new score equivalency: im NCLC 7 with 442/669 score
With the ancient one: im NCLC 6 with 304/450 score
Ps. I’m using FRENCH as my 1st language
Has anyone encountered a similar situation or can provide insights into any discrepancies with TEF Canada results? I’m a bit puzzled and would greatly appreciate any advice or information you could share.

I found some sources talking about the changes but i couldn’t understand pretty well.. so i don’t know if they will update their site with the new charts or what exactly !!

Resources:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey everyone, i recently received my TEF Canada results which i passed on 14/12/2023, and based on the assessment, I believe I should be admissible for Express Entry with their new score charts because i got NCLC7 with a 442/669 .However, when attempting to register on the immigration site, it indicated that I’m not admissible because the site is still using the old score equivalence.

So with the new score equivalency: im NCLC 7 with 442/669 score
With the ancient one: im NCLC 6 with 304/450 score
Ps. I’m using FRENCH as my 1st language
Has anyone encountered a similar situation or can provide insights into any discrepancies with TEF Canada results? I’m a bit puzzled and would greatly appreciate any advice or information you could share.

I found some sources talking about the changes but i couldn’t understand pretty well.. so i don’t know if they will update their site with the new charts or what exactly !!

Resources:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html
What is your eligibility score out of 67?