+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

French Language requirements for Immigration

sanyyam

May 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

For immigrating under Express Entry, what all test scores/certificates are accepted? I saw that the CRS calculator allows only TEF Canada scores to be considered. I have DALF C1 diploma certificate already. Will that be awarded points for Non-Quebec immigration? Is there a way to share my DALF/DELF certificates as a part of my file that goes to the assessing officer, so that I get points for that as well?

Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone,

For immigrating under Express Entry, what all test scores/certificates are accepted? I saw that the CRS calculator allows only TEF Canada scores to be considered. I have DALF C1 diploma certificate already. Will that be awarded points for Non-Quebec immigration? Is there a way to share my DALF/DELF certificates as a part of my file that goes to the assessing officer, so that I get points for that as well?

Thanks in advance!
1. Nope, only TEF for French and CELPIP and IETLS for English.
2. You will get 0 points for Delf, so pointless to send them.

Reactions: CarlosOjeda

sanyyam

May 30, 2015
Hi

1. Nope, only TEF for French and CELPIP and IETLS for English.
2. You will get 0 points for Delf, so pointless to send them.
Thanks for your response! A related question: Is the assessing officer at liberty to award points based on certain outstanding activities/achievements, or is the points calculation a straightforward objective process with no subjective assessment?

Thanks!

BR.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanks for your response! A related question: Is the assessing officer at liberty to award points based on certain outstanding activities/achievements, or is the points calculation a straightforward objective process with no subjective assessment?

Thanks!

BR.
1. It is not like ice skating, there are no "style" points.