+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

French is not mandatory for QSW program??really

badboywater

May 4, 2015
HI,everybody

Based on Lammawitch‘s post:the basics,http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/qsw-the-basics-t354578.0.html

French is not mandatory.

can somebody show me the officer’s reply which can clearly point out this?

I emailed to QSW office in Montreal online for twice,and get the same reply which is not clear.

so I am very doulting if i should apply to immigrate to Quebec this time.i have enough points,but have no knowledge of French.

Subject: New immigration rules and procedures

Dear Sir or Madam,

In response to your request for information, please note that the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles has adopted new rules regarding procedures for the intake and processing of certain applications for a selection certificate submitted by skilled workers, investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed workers. These rules have been in effect since August 1, 2013.

Moreover, since this date, the Ministère has been evaluating all immigration candidates’ written language knowledge. From now on, in order to obtain points on the selection grid for this factor, you must prove your knowledge of both spoken and written French and English.

Please note that the obligation to provide the results of standardized tests for knowledge of French or English also applies to candidates who submitted an application under the Skilled Worker Program before December 6, 2011 and whose review process has not yet begun.

Please visit our website for all information pertaining to the new immigration rules and procedures, the evaluation of French and English knowledge as well as the list of French and English evaluation tests recognized by the Ministère.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really.

The answer is on the website, that's why the reply you received directed you there.

If you meet the minimum points criteria without French language points, you are eligible to apply.