+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Free online remote internships in Canada?

Hi.
I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
I finished Management at the Public Faculty of Economics (four-year education) in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Is there any page that offers free online remote internships in Canada to foreigners?
It shouldn't be paid by the intern or company.
I need it for improving skills, for getting work experience in Canada and for getting a sponsored visa (the company could pay costs for a visa from a paycheck after I get a legal job in Canada).
I believe that Canada is a good country for equal opportunities and politeness. I don't have a criminal record.
:)

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi.
I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
I finished Management at the Public Faculty of Economics (four-year education) in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Is there any page that offers free online remote internships in Canada to foreigners?
It shouldn't be paid by the intern or company.
I need it for improving skills, for getting work experience in Canada and for getting a sponsored visa (the company could pay costs for a visa from a paycheck after I get a legal job in Canada).
I believe that Canada is a good country for equal opportunities and politeness. I don't have a criminal record.
:)
Unfortunately I don't believe there is any such link.

I think you would need to reach out to companies directly in your field to see if they would be willing to offer you an unpaid remote internship. My recommendation would be to target smaller companies. Large companies tend to have very structure paid internship programs and are more likely not to consider your request.

Good luck.

Unfortunately I don't believe there is any such link.

I think you would need to reach out to companies directly in your field to see if they would be willing to offer you an unpaid remote internship. My recommendation would be to target smaller companies. Large companies tend to have very structure paid internship programs and are more likely not to consider your request.

Good luck.
Thank's for your answer. I don't expect an internship as a manager, maybe something as a beginner. We learned about all fields of management from literature in Bosnian and English. I have also digital skills. The unpaid internships could help companies to get a skilled workers without paychecks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank's for your answer. I don't expect an internship as a manager, maybe something as a beginner. We learned about all fields of management from literature in Bosnian and English. I have also digital skills. The unpaid internships could help companies to get a skilled workers without paychecks.
Not sure how you think it works but getting unpaid remote internship doesn’t give you any Canadian experience. Workers get free labour with no obligations.

Reactions: Svet81

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The issue you are going to face is that unpaid internships are actually illegal in Canada unless they are done as part of an education program. Normally this education program would be in Canada, meaning that the internship would be a requirement of a degree or diploma program you are taking in Canada.

I really think what you need to be looking for is a paid internship program with a company that is willing to accept someone who is not Canadian and who is working remotely.

Again, I would stay away from large companies since they have very structured programs and are unlikely to consider your request.

Good luck.

Not sure how you think it works but getting unpaid remote internship doesn’t give you any Canadian experience. Workers get free labour with no obligations.
The company could make a volunteering contract with an intern after it gets CV. The program could work as a system - Company sends materials and assignments and the interns fulfill an obligation. If the interns are good as a learner and worker after few months, the company could offer a contract that could bring the opportunity for working in Canada for that company as a skilled worker. It would be good if in Canada exists some agency that could make that contracts.

The issue you are going to face is that unpaid internships are actually illegal in Canada unless they are done as part of an education program. Normally this education program would be in Canada, meaning that the internship would be a requirement of a degree or diploma program you are taking in Canada.

I really think what you need to be looking for is a paid internship program with a company that is willing to accept someone who is not Canadian and who is working remotely.

Again, I would stay away from large companies since they have very structured programs and are unlikely to consider your request.

Good luck.
Maybe a volunteering contract for education?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The company could make a volunteering contract with an intern after it gets CV. The program could work as a system - Company sends materials and assignments and the interns fulfill an obligation. If the interns are good as a learner and worker after few months, the company could offer a contract that could bring the opportunity for working in Canada for that company as a skilled worker. It would be good if in Canada exists some agency that could make that contracts.
Again you don’t understand Canadian regulations. The company can’t by law offer a contract for you to work in Canada. The company has to pay $1k and apply for a LMIA. The LMIA requires paperwork and the company needs to prove that they tried to find a Canadian or PR through job postings, and could not. They need to show that only you can do the job. Then if the employer gets a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. It costs money and is time consuming so few employers go through the process. A Canadian company can hire you remotely, and many do. They are under no obligation to bring you to Canada and pay Canadian wages and deal with Canadian labour laws..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Could the company make a remotely volunteering agreement for education without the obligation to hire an intern after an internship? Canada is not a corrupted country and I believe that there is a business culture.

In Bosnia and Herzegovina, we have two types of internships (6-12 months): 1. paid internship (program from the government) and 2. volunteering internship. For both of these internships, an organization must make contract/agreement between the intern and the organization. After both of these internships, the organization do not have obligation to hire the intern. Every work without some contract is also illegal in Bosnia and Herzegovina (many companies don't respect the law and don't pay taxes and contribution for healthcare and similar). Many companies in my country use internships for free labour and don't hire people after that and again apply for programs to get money from the government. After that, they hire people who are relatives or have political connections. We have a problem with corruption. It is the reason because people mostly emigrate to Germany. We have a high unemployment rate.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Could the company make a remotely volunteering agreement for education without the obligation to hire an intern after an internship? Canada is not a corrupted country and I believe that there is a business culture.

In Bosnia and Herzegovina, we have two types of internships (6-12 months): 1. paid internship (program from the government) and 2. volunteering internship. For both of these internships, an organization must make contract/agreement between the intern and the organization. After both of these internships, the organization do not have obligation to hire the intern. Every work without some contract is also illegal in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Many companies in my country use internships for free labour and don't hire people after that and again apply for programs to get money from the government. After that, they hire people who are relatives or have political connections. We have a problem with corruption.
Again there is no obligation for a Canadian company to hire a foreign intern…makes no sense. Nothing to do with corruption. If you want to study then come to Canada on a study permit, get a work permit and work legally for a Canadian company. You then gain Canadian work experience.

Reactions: foodie69
That means that it is not possible to immigrate to Canada. Thank you for your answers.

After the war in Bosnia, my dad got an offer (got the letter in the second half of the 90s) to immigrate to Canada from Germany because he knows English and he decided to refuse it and he brought his family back to Bosnia because he believed everything in my country would be solved. We didn't choose the system from Dayton Agreement that is against international conventions.

Last edited: