+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Freaking out - Passport expires 4 months after AOR - Please help!

helloscientist23

Nov 30, 2020
I just realized my passport is expiring 4 months after my AOR (will submit on Jan 9, 2021).

I am going to send my passport for renewal this weekend and will get it in 3-6 weeks. My ITA expires on Feb 1, 2021.

So I might not get the renewed passport in time, so I'll likely submit with the passport expiring in May 2021.

Please help, is this going to throw my application out the door?

Last edited:

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Just submit and once passport is renewed submit new passport copy using webform, I am sure this will work.
you are dealing with learned people and these thing s are very admin in nature so should not be show stopper

helloscientist23

Nov 30, 2020
Just submit and once passport is renewed submit new passport copy using webform, I am sure this will work.
you are dealing with learned people and these thing s are very admin in nature so should not be show stopper
Rahul, man, thank you so much for this. I had multiple panic attacks about this because I feel so stupid for missing this! Your note really helped.

Do you think it'll help if I include a receipt showing I applied for passport renewal? And maybe mention that I'm in the process of renewing a passport in a Letter of Explanation?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Once you submit try to get passport renewed ASAP and than include the letter of explanation and passport copy. It should be ok.