+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

France to Canada with 1 year visa (titre de sejour)

ssta

Jun 30, 2021
Hi ALL,

I'm a citizen from an Asian country and currently living in France for 1 year
I got married and moved to France on a family reunion visa, my wife also from my country but she has been living in France for 7+ years.
I have completed my bachelor's degree, I would like to apply for a post-graduate diploma in Canada.
either I or my wife can apply for a Canadian student visa with 1-year visa card? (titre de séjour ) because it needs to be renewed every year, other than that there are no restrictions.
my wife also has the same situation that needs to renew her visa(titre de séjour) every year.

can we apply for a student visa to Canada?
will it get accepted/rejected?
what are the legal requirements?
any suggestions?
any possibilities?

Thank you

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi ALL,

I'm a citizen from an Asian country and currently living in France for 1 year
I got married and moved to France on a family reunion visa, my wife also from my country but she has been living in France for 7+ years.
I have completed my bachelor's degree, I would like to apply for a post-graduate diploma in Canada.
either I or my wife can apply for a Canadian student visa with 1-year visa card? (titre de séjour ) because it needs to be renewed every year, other than that there are no restrictions.
my wife also has the same situation that needs to renew her visa(titre de séjour) every year.

can we apply for a student visa to Canada?
will it get accepted/rejected?
what are the legal requirements?
any suggestions?
any possibilities?

Thank you
I don't understand why and how will you be eligible to renew titre de sejour once you leave France. Is your wife a French Citizen now or a citizen of her home country?
This is a residence permit sort of to stay in France and once you decide to leave the country to Canada, you will not be eligible to extend the permit.
Both you and your wife will need proper visa to move to Canada depending on whatever status you have in France.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
I was on study visa in France when I applied for my Study permit in Canada. My partner who was also a student in France applied at the same with me. We both got our canadian visa. But when we leave France, we did give up on our residency in France as there is no possibility to renew the titre de séjour without being in the country. So you need to chose between France and Canada.
Rate of acceptance depends on your academic background, your ties to the home country, financial support.

ssta

Jun 30, 2021
I don't understand why and how will you be eligible to renew titre de sejour once you leave France. Is your wife a French Citizen now or a citizen of her home country?
This is a residence permit sort of to stay in France and once you decide to leave the country to Canada, you will not be eligible to extend the permit.
Both you and your wife will need a proper visa to move to Canada depending on whatever status you have in France.
Thank you for your Reply AishB
I understand that if I go to Canada I will not be able to renew my France visa but my question is, Canada will accept my 2 years long post-graduate student visa?
I'm 31 years old now I have completed my bachelor's degree 7 years ago and have 6 years of work experience in my country not in France.
as I mentioned in my previous post my wife also needs to renew her France visa every year, she is not a French citizen.

I don't want to get rejected for my Canadian visa,
with my age and other current situations it possible to apply and get a student visa? (i have already checked the express entry option it's not suitable for me.)
any suggestions

thank you

ssta

Jun 30, 2021
I was on study visa in France when I applied for my Study permit in Canada. My partner who was also a student in France applied at the same with me. We both got our canadian visa. But when we leave France, we did give up on our residency in France as there is no possibility to renew the titre de séjour without being in the country. So you need to chose between France and Canada.
Rate of acceptance depends on your academic background, your ties to the home country, financial support.

thank you thaovy99 for the reply
it's very useful information to me, we live on a family reunion visa (which is called a long-stay visa but actually, we need to renew our visa( titre de séjour) every year.
I'm now 32 years old my wife 30 she has not done any degree/diploma.
do you think still is it possible to apply for a post-graduate diploma for me and OR a graduate course for my wife?

forget to mention that
usually, the student visa is given based on the condition that must be returning to the country as soon as we finished our studies correct?

thank you

Last edited:

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thank you for your Reply AishB
I understand that if I go to Canada I will not be able to renew my France visa but my question is, Canada will accept my 2 years long post-graduate student visa?
I'm 31 years old now I have completed my bachelor's degree 7 years ago and have 6 years of work experience in my country not in France.
as I mentioned in my previous post my wife also needs to renew her France visa every year, she is not a French citizen.

I don't want to get rejected for my Canadian visa,
with my age and other current situations it possible to apply and get a student visa? (i have already checked the express entry option it's not suitable for me.)
any suggestions

thank you
Hi,

You can apply for post graduate courses provided you have the relevant education/experience and meet other entry requirements. Age is not a problem for student visas. Once you do get the student visa, your wife can then apply possible for an open work permit to come with you.
The main reason visa officer may reject you is if the intention to move to Canada is misplaced. By that I mean, if the visa officer suspects that you are trying to Immigrate via the student path. This mostly happens if the English scores are too low, the studies that you take are not aligned to your career goals, possible PR application.
Also, student visas do ask you to show strong links to home country. This does not necessarily mean you have to move back.