Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
I love this forum and every member who contributes despite their daily lives.

All I am asking is, is there a way to further create subforums within?

Currently it is:
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest > Start new topic

Suggestion:

Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Post Express Entry
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Post ITA
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Post AOR
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Post PPR
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Post CoPR
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Preparation for EE

This way, we can have all the common threads moved and would be easier to navigate. Also, I think just as for creating a signature you need minimum number of posts, you should also have a minimum number of posts to create a new topic. This might encourage people to view existing threads rather than start a new one every now and then.

Can page navigation be customized to have 1, 2 , 3 .... etc instead of post count? The reason I ask this is because, there are add-ons which automatically load the next page, but these do not work for post number based URLs.

One more thing, the link which comes in emails has a "#new" appended to it. However, when we click on the link, we are taken to the first page of the thread and not the latest discussion. Can this be fixed?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
viveks said:

Currently it is:
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest > Start new topic

Suggestion:

Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Post Express Entry
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Post ITA
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Post AOR
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Post PPR
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Post CoPR
Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration to Canada > Express Entry / Expression of Interest / Preparation for EE

This way, we can have all the common threads moved and would be easier to navigate. Also, I think just as for creating a signature you need minimum number of posts, you should also have a minimum number of posts to create a new topic. This might encourage people to view existing threads rather than start a new one every now and then.

Can page navigation be customized to have 1, 2 , 3 .... etc instead of post count? The reason I ask this is because, there are add-ons which automatically load the next page, but these do not work for post number based URLs.

One more thing, the link which comes in emails has a "#new" appended to it. However, when we click on the link, we are taken to the first page of the thread and not the latest discussion. Can this be fixed?
The version of software that this board uses is VERY old. See http://www.simplemachines.org/

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viveks said:

We also need to remove and enforce new members to read sticky threads so that we don't have the same hundreds of super simple threads, like how to increase CRS or haven't received ITA right after a draw.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
This forum would be much easier to navigate with those sub forums. The latest version of SMF has this functionality

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
Is anyone of you, or one whom you know is a moderator?

Rainman1993

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10/02/2017
Med's Done....
08/03/2017
Do you know how much it costs to maintain a forum like this?
We should be glad this a free service, modifying it will cost a substantial amount

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
Rainman1993 said:
Do you know how much it costs to maintain a forum like this?
We should be glad this a free service, modifying it will cost a substantial amount
I disagree forums can generate significant ad revenue . Especially a well trafficked forum like this

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
I agree too. Ads can generate significant revenue if done well.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viveks said:
This! We really need this

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Can a moderator post here and shed a light on how easy/difficult changes are? What are the moderators' thoughts?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
alxms10 said:
Can a moderator post here and shed a light on how easy/difficult changes are? What are the moderators' thoughts?
Good luck with that. The moderators are, I suspect, employees of the company that hosts the site and not normal members.

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
I thought one of the members would be a moderator. We could write to the parent company with suggestions. I could volunteer to update SMF version and streamline things.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
viveks said:
I thought one of the members would be a moderator. We could write to the parent company with suggestions. I could volunteer to update SMF version and streamline things.
I have never heard of a contributing member admitting to be a moderator or admin. I have been in contact with a moderator in the past by private email and no indication of being anyone that I knew from among the senior members. No, I'm not passing out the email address.

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
zardoz said:
I have never heard of a contributing member admitting to be a moderator or admin. I have been in contact with a moderator in the past by private email and no indication of being anyone that I knew from among the senior members. No, I'm not passing out the email address.
No worries. We will figure out other ways.