juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi:

What all forms do we have to fill once we land? Is it better to do ahead or once we land at the airport?

Thanks!!

Investocrat

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Apart from your normal immigration documents which you have to bring in, I believe other forms will be completed at landing. Of , you should have a list of the assets you are bringing in and the assets you will bring in at a later date, etc

Reactions: harmonika

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi:

What all forms do we have to fill once we land? Is it better to do ahead or once we land at the airport?

Thanks!!
You will only fill the following forms:
  • On the plane, you will get a customs form (everyone gets that, no matter if PR or not). You can not pre-fill that form. Just do it one the plane.
  • At the border, you will be asked to inital and sign several parts of your CoPR. Do not (never ever, that is very important) write anything on your CoPR before the border officer tells you to do so. Do NOT sign your CoPR before being told to do so.
Long story short, there are no things you can do ahead. You should, however bring documentation regarding your finances and, as stated above, a list of any valuable items you bring along. As a failsafe, I in fact simply brought all documents I used for my PR application. They never asked for it but I felt more comfortable having any of the documents at hand if asked. Not that this actually happens. It's more a peace of mind thing.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If you are bringing goods (furniture, jewellery, electronics) fill out the B4 (or whatever the new form is) before you land. CBSA hates doing it at the landing and if you don't you can't claim goods later as duty free.

Reactions: harmonika

juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all :)

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
If you are bringing goods (furniture, jewellery, electronics) fill out the B4 (or whatever the new form is) before you land. CBSA hates doing it at the landing and if you don't you can't claim goods later as duty free.
Hi Buletruck, I see your comment here, specially "claim goods later as duty free", I am waiting for the CoPR, I hope it goes well, does your comment means as first landing I can bring things with me without taxes and If I leave Canada and come back later on, they will tax me on my personal stuff ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Buletruck, I see your comment here, specially "claim goods later as duty free", I am waiting for the CoPR, I hope it goes well, does your comment means as first landing I can bring things with me without taxes and If I leave Canada and come back later on, they will tax me on my personal stuff ?
Yes, if you don't declare them in the B4 form at landing, they might ask for a duty on your personal stuff you bring later.

Reactions: mfkoko321

kaimainz

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
  • On the plane, you will get a customs form (everyone gets that, no matter if PR or not). You can not pre-fill that form. Just do it one the plane.
  • At the border, you will be asked to inital and sign several parts of your CoPR. Do not (never ever, that is very important) write anything on your CoPR before the border officer tells you to do so. Do NOT sign your CoPR before being told to do so.
Long story short, there are no things you can do ahead. You should, however bring documentation regarding your finances and, as stated above, a list of any valuable items you bring along. As a failsafe, I in fact simply brought all documents I used for my PR application. They never asked for it but I felt more comfortable having any of the documents at hand if asked. Not that this actually happens. It's more a peace of mind thing.
Hi, did you fold your CoPR? Does it matter if it were folded?

kaegon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
what if the jewelries are a female's own placed inside her box before landing? Do i need to declare it as welll? And do i need to take pictures of the whole jewelry and print it? kindly respond im concerned.

f

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
what if the jewelries are a female's own placed inside her box before landing? Do i need to declare it as welll? And do i need to take pictures of the whole jewelry and print it? kindly respond im concerned.
It doesn't matter where the jewelry is transported. Of course the jewelry is someones own. But you still need to declare everything you import.

javier.ths

Oct 31, 2016
Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
I checked with a pre-arrival agent, she advised to have photos of each individual piece of jewelry. Every single one. I'm not sure if the officers will request to see the jewelry physically, but they do need to be declared individually and include them in your BSF186 . The pre-arrival agent stressed this many times, to avoid getting asked difficult questions.

To add to @kaegon 's question: Do we need to provide certificates of authenticity?