+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form IMM0008 Schedule 1

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

We are filling the Schedule 1 Background form and it asks for the education of my husband (Principal Applicant). He did his schooling from India, with 12 years uptill grade 12, and then 4 years of engineering. And then he has 2 years of masters in US.
So we are writing in total 19 years of education, with 7 years in elementary, 5 in high school and 6 in university. Is that correct?

Also, they ask for the type of certificate issued. After 12th grade, what do we mention as the type of certificate issued?? will it be A.I.S.S.C which is the Senior secondary board certificate we get in india, or just High school completion ?? confused...

chrimano

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-3-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-20-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-29-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb-23-2011
VISA ISSUED...
March-22-2011
LANDED..........
March-27-2011
sparkle said:
Hi!

We are filling the Schedule 1 Background form and it asks for the education of my husband (Principal Applicant). He did his schooling from India, with 12 years uptill grade 12, and then 4 years of engineering. And then he has 2 years of masters in US.
So we are writing in total 19 years of education, with 7 years in elementary, 5 in high school and 6 in university. Is that correct?

Also, they ask for the type of certificate issued. After 12th grade, what do we mention as the type of certificate issued?? will it be A.I.S.S.C which is the Senior secondary board certificate we get in india, or just High school completion ?? confused...
I just tried to translate the certificate as good as possible into english and as close as possible to the canadian equivalent.
Somtimes I did not get any certificate or diploma then I wrote "Schoolreport with passing grade".

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sparkle said:
Hi!

7 + 5 + 6 = 18

For type issued, you can write "high school", "certificate", "diploma", "degree", "masters", "PhD", "incomplete", etc. or the initials of the degree for example, BA, MBA, BComm, BSc, etc. It depends on what type of school you attended for post-secondary. But secondary can just say "high school"

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
sparkle said:
You can put 'A.I.S.S.C.' and then explain what it is. Keep in mind the people reviewing the application are either Indian nationals or Canadians working in India, so will presumably know what it is. Just 'high school diploma' would be good enough too.