+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form IMM 5669 requested by office please help

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hello! I am the principal applicant and I am applying to be sponsored by my common-law partner.

I was recently contacted by the local office to submit the following:
"Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/07"

I originally sent this form when I first applied and used the eIMM 5669 (updated in Nov 2018) form that was part of the application kit that I downloaded from CIC. Now I see that there are two IMM 5669 forms that I can download to fill out ( the new one was last modified in June 2019) and they look slightly different. One allows for electronic signing and the new one for the physical signing of the form.

I am confused as to which form I should submit. Thank you so much for your input!

Reactions: chris504

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello! I am the principal applicant and I am applying to be sponsored by my common-law partner.

"Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/07"

I originally sent this form when I first applied and used the eIMM 5669 (updated in Nov 2018) form that was part of the application kit that I downloaded from CIC. Now I see that there are two IMM 5669 forms that I can download to fill out ( the new one was last modified in June 2019) and they look slightly different. One allows for electronic signing and the new one for the physical signing of the form.

I am confused as to which form I should submit. Thank you so much for your input!
Use the new form.

Reactions: mf2040

TootToot

Mar 10, 2020
The newest form is probably better. If you want to be on the super safe side, I see no harm in submitting both and including an explanation on a separate paper that you were not sure which to complete so you completed both. :)

den8190

Nov 3, 2019

Hi I received the same request yesterday. Have you heard anything back from them since you sent the forms ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Use the most recent one. Sign with electronic (i.e. type in name) and print/sign/scan to return to be safe.

Note though: I see it says to return to local office - I presume they are asking for a hard copy to be sent, but you'll have to check against the text of the letter as to how to submit.

(For background: these forms are also used for other types of applications that are electronic only - hence the electronic signature. BUT for paper applications like all spousal applications, an original physical signature is required).

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Use the most recent one. Sign with electronic (i.e. type in name) and print/sign/scan to return to be safe.

Note though: I see it says to return to local office - I presume they are asking for a hard copy to be sent, but you'll have to check against the text of the letter as to how to submit.

(For background: these forms are also used for other types of applications that are electronic only - hence the electronic signature. BUT for paper applications like all spousal applications, an original physical signature is required).
Thank you so much for the input! The letter did give us an option to send by mail or send through my online application hub.

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hi I received the same request yesterday. Have you heard anything back from them since you sent the forms ?
Yes! I sent them as fast as I could and about a week after the deadline they sent me an email letting me know that they received the forms that they requested. Nothing else after that I'm afraid.

SJahan

Jul 2, 2020
Yes! I sent them as fast as I could and about a week after the deadline they sent me an email letting me know that they received the forms that they requested. Nothing else after that I'm afraid.
Hi, I have received AOR on 16th Feb, 2021. On 24th Feb I got this letter online where they have asked to submit Schedule A background declaration form (IMM 5669).

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
 UCI NUMBER - My spouse name:
 Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Ensure your data covers the period 2011/02/16 to 2021/02/16 and please ensure no gaps."

1) Do they only asking for my wife's IMM 5669 or both have to fill up???
2) If only my spouse need to fill up IMM5669 than she have to sign it or I have to sign on her IMM5669( I am principal applicant) ? Who's sign needed on it?
3) when I clicked on that link which was given in the letter for downloading IMM5669, It download older version of the form (11-2018). What should i do?
4) We have found out, that, mistakenly the personal history of Jahan (my accompanying spouse) does not cover last 10 years, it covers 9 years and 8 months, (4 months in the begging has mistakenly missed). Could this be a reason why they have asked for this form?

Please guide me

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I have received AOR on 16th Feb, 2021. On 24th Feb I got this letter online where they have asked to submit Schedule A background declaration form (IMM 5669).

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
 UCI NUMBER - My spouse name:
 Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Ensure your data covers the period 2011/02/16 to 2021/02/16 and please ensure no gaps."

1)Do they only ask for my wife's IMM 5669 or both have to fill up???
2)If only my spouse need to fill up IMM5669 than she have to sign it or I have to sign on her IMM5669( I am principal applicant) ? Who's sign needed on it?
3) when I clicked on that link which was given in the letter for downloading IMM5669, It download older version of the form (11-2018). What should i do?
4)
We have found out, that, mistakenly the personal history of Jahan (my accompanying spouse) does not cover last 10 years, it covers 9 years and 8 months, (4 months in the begging has mistakenly missed). Could this be a reason why they have asked for this form?

Please guide me
Yes most certainly requested because of the gap. Follow the instructions. They requested it for her, she signs. As sponsor you do not need to fill out.

Reactions: SJahan

SJahan

Jul 2, 2020
Yes most certainly requested because of the gap. Follow the instructions. They requested it for her, she signs. As sponsor you do not need to fill out.
1) Which form She has to fill up most recent one or the one which opened by their link which was given on their letter
2)Do i have to print /sign/scan or just typing sign?
3)what they mean by an Original sign ???

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1) Which form She has to fill up most recent one or the one which opened by their link which was given on their letter
2)Do i have to print /sign/scan or just typing sign?
3)what they mean by an Original sign ???
Original sign means wet signature. I don't know which form.

SJahan

Jul 2, 2020
Original sign means wet signature. I don't know which form.

I am not clear which form to use. It has 2 version. IMM5669 (06-2019) and IMM5669(11-2018). Link which they have given to us in the letter that link open old version of the form.

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
You mean the older version which the letter link open?
I called the CIC agents for clarification and they recommended for me to use the newest version. I filled it out, printed it, signed it, scanned, and sent it through my online account.

Reactions: Osama11