+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

form imm 5562 travel

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
are the following forms are filled separately by applicant and spouse?
1-imm5562 travel
2-imm 5406 family information

fkk

May 17, 2010
Yes. Both forms are required to be filled separately by the principal applicant and spouse.

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkk said:
Yes. Both forms are required to be filled separately by the principal applicant and spouse.
What do you mean by this? Do I need to have 2 sets of answered forms of 5562E and 5406E? What I did is just I filled it up (as a principal applicant) including the information about my spouse/children (It's all been asked in the form). I believe no need to fill-up separately by principal applicant and spouse.

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
giogenre said:
What do you mean by this? Do I need to have 2 sets of answered forms of 5562E and 5406E? What I did is just I filled it up (as a principal applicant) including the information about my spouse/children (It's all been asked in the form). I believe no need to fill-up separately by principal applicant and spouse.
perhaps they maintain files separately for the applicant and spouse

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope Senior members can give some clarification about this issue. Help! ;D :-*

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
giogenre said:
Yes Sir , you need to have 2 sets of answered forms of 5562E and 5406E, one by you and other by your spouse.

::: rockstar :::

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
farrukh ahmad said:
are the following forms are filled separately by applicant and spouse?
1-imm5562 travel
2-imm 5406 family information
hi farrukh,

NO, u don't have to fill separately by principal applicant & spouse & children.

imm5562 (only one page & one set)
is to be filled by principal applicant, also giving the information about others. It doesn't mean others have to fill it separately.

for imm5406 also, there are spaces to be filled for principal applicant, spouse and others, so meaning only 1 set will do.

hope it helped.

giogenre said:
Kanamen said:
Yes Sir , you need to have 2 sets of answered forms of 5562E and 5406E, one by you and other by your spouse.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
::: rockstar ::: said:
hi farrukh,

NO, u don't have to fill separately by principal applicant & spouse & children.

imm5562 (only one page & one set)
is to be filled by principal applicant, also giving the information about others. It doesn't mean others have to fill it separately.

for imm5406 also, there are spaces to be filled for principal applicant, spouse and others, so meaning only 1 set will do.

hope it helped.

Respected Sir

Please check page three of the link below ,its clearly mentioned and written as follows:

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: YOUR TRAVELS (IMM 5562)
Completed by:
• the principal applicant
• spouse or common-law partner
• each dependent child over the age of 18 years

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

fkk

May 17, 2010
OK. Here is my take on this issue:

1. For IMM5562 - Travel Information: There is a contradiction in what the EG7/Page 41 (Guideline For Application Form Filling) as well as Document Checklist (Item 4) say and what the IMM5562 mentions on its header.

EG7/Document Checklist say the form is required to be filled by the Principal Applicant, Spouse and 18+ Dependents. This clearly refers to the old IMM5562 wherein the sections for spouse and dependents travel details were not present.

For the current IMM5562, all these sections have been included thus eliminating the need for separately filling the form by the spouse and 18+ dependents.

Hence, IMM5562 is required to be filled by the Principal Applicant ONLY.

2. For IMM5406 - Additional Family Information: It is required to be filled separately by the Principal Applicant, the Spouse and the 18+ Dependents as mentioned in EG7/Page 40 as well as Document Checklist/Item 6. It seems logical also as some information shall change for each form being filled.

As I stated in the beginning, this is my interpretation of the relevant guides/instructions/requirements without contradicting/disputing any other member's knowledge/experience. This simply means that I would've followed the above mentioned in my application. You are free to make up your mind after reading through all the views on this topic.

Regards

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Kanamen said:
Respected Sir

Please check page three of the link below ,its clearly mentioned and written as follows:

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: YOUR TRAVELS (IMM 5562)
Completed by:
• the principal applicant
• spouse or common-law partner
• each dependent child over the age of 18 years

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf
dear Kanamen,

Yes, it should be completed by principal applicant, spouse, dependent children, as information is needed regarding them. BUT, pls to be noted, it hasn't to be filled in separate forms, since it can be filled in 1 set of form.

arrowsmom

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
7241 / 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11/2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application kit
AOR Received.
02/03/2012
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
02/21/12
Med's Request
05/03/12 (thank you Lord)
Med's Done....
05/22/12 Meds Sent to CEM : 06/22/12
Interview........
07/22/12 Medical results have been received on ECAS
Passport Req..
08/06/12 (DM : 09/20/2012)
VISA ISSUED...
10/05/12
LANDED..........
10/23/12 at Edmonton, AB
in the new form, only the principal applicant signs included in it are declarations if the spouse or children over 18 yrs have travelled to other countries. The form has boxes for principal, spouse, children.

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
arrowsmom said:
in the new form, only the principal applicant signs included in it are declarations if the spouse or children over 18 yrs have travelled to other countries. The form has boxes for principal, spouse, children.
hi,

the stated two forms have been never changed since the beginning.

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
but my senior who is now in Canada advised me that both the forms are filled separately by applicant and his spouse, the reason is that two separate files are maintained by vo for applicant and spouse so the both forms must be in each file.