+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form for open work permit? / inland spousal sponsorship


Nov 6, 2019
Hello everyone. It's been a while now trying to find the form for OWP for inland spousal sponsorship. I found nothing but the standard form IMM5710 "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker". Is that one the form that I have to send along with my PR application por spousal sponsorship? what should I answer in questions "name of employer" or "intended occupation" or "duration of expected employment"..? should I leave those questions blank? I'm a bit lost here. Thanks


Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
The IMM5710 is what you need to submit with your sponsorship application. Be sure to also complete the checklist for the permit, you can find that here. You can find the guide to completing the OWP application here.