+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
I landed in Canada for a day to activate my PR visa and completed b4 form and additional form for goods after I land but as I was not staying in Canada for good on that occasion the cbsa officer said it was not required and only required once I am planning to stay in Canada for good

Liara

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
Could someone please clarify?
1) Can I bring medications to Canada? Pills, ointments, etc.?
2) When stating the price, do I have to indicate the approximate price at which I would likely sell it for under normal circumstances? Does the price matter at all?
3) Should I list the carry-on portion of the luggage as well?
4) If we're coming together, should each of us make a separate list? According to point c of STEP-3 in the initial message of this thread "For the Name field, write the PA's name". Does this mean that the dependant shouldn't make his own list?
5) Should I take the pictures of the jewelry? Even the wedding ring? Should I print the pictures?

I will deeply appreciate any contribution.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Liara said:
Could someone please clarify?
1) Can I bring medications to Canada? Pills, ointments, etc.?
2) When stating the price, do I have to indicate the approximate price at which I would likely sell it for under normal circumstances? Does the price matter at all?
3) Should I list the carry-on portion of the luggage as well?
4) If we're coming together, should each of us make a separate list? According to point c of STEP-3 in the initial message of this thread "For the Name field, write the PA's name". Does this mean that the dependant shouldn't make his own list?
5) Should I take the pictures of the jewelry? Even the wedding ring? Should I print the pictures?

I will deeply appreciate any contribution.
1) Yes you may carry medication, BUT only if you have a prescription for it. If you have no prescription, I'd advise you don't. You run a risk of being charged with drug trafficking.
2) Yes, indicate approximate prices. The values don't have to be the actual amounts you paid for the items.
3) All the luggage you have on you should be listed on the goods accompanying list. Simply state the number of bags and assign an approximate value for the clothes e.g 4 bags of clothes - $300.
4) No it's just one list for the entire household, but should be under the PA's name, ideally.
5) Yes, take a picture for each piece of jewelry and print it. Be sure to attach the pictures to the corresponding list - to-follow or accompanying.

Lastly, make 2 copies of each list. The CO will stamp both copies; retain one copy of each (B4 and B4A), the other copy will be for you to keep - you'll need it to clear your items when they arrive.

All the best.

Liara

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
next2015 said:
1) Yes you may carry medication, BUT only if you have a prescription for it. If you have no prescription, I'd advise you don't. You run a risk of being charged with drug trafficking.
2) Yes, indicate approximate prices. The values don't have to be the actual amounts you paid for the items.
3) All the luggage you have on you should be listed on the goods accompanying list. Simply state the number of bags and assign an approximate value for the clothes e.g 4 bags of clothes - $300.
4) No it's just one list for the entire household, but should be under the PA's name, ideally.
5) Yes, take a picture for each piece of jewelry and print it. Be sure to attach the pictures to the corresponding list - to-follow or accompanying.

Lastly, make 2 copies of each list. The CO will stamp both copies; retain one copy of each (B4 and B4A), the other copy will be for you to keep - you'll need it to clear your items when they arrive.

All the best.
Thank you very much!

BTW, on facebook I've talked to people who claimed not to have filled in the form(or table, or anything) at all. How come?
Does this list of goods only matter if you're carrying sth of value or sth that looks like sth of value?

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Liara said:
Thank you very much!

BTW, on facebook I've talked to people who claimed not to have filled in the form(or table, or anything) at all. How come?
Does this list of goods only matter if you're carrying sth of value or sth that looks like sth of value?
It's true, not everyone submits the forms. If you have no intention of moving your property to Canada, then there's no need for you to submit a goods-to-follow form. The same applies to the Goods Accompanying list (items your carrying with you at the time of landing), however, I'd advise you fill one for items such as a laptop.

Otherwise, your not obligated to submit the forms. The forms are meant to give an accountability of the items your bringing in, which facilitates your exemption to pay taxes on the listed items. If you don't submit the forms, and later import your items, you will be required to pay taxes on them.

All the best.

ommehta

Sep 10, 2015
Hi All,

I need to do my landing soon, and need to fill up the BSF186A - Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of imported goods).

I looked online and found a PDF version on the CBSA website - however I am looking for a version that I can edit and save, so that it makes life easier for me.

Can someone help me with such a format please?

I also read on a few posts that people made theirs on an EXCEL SHEET or a plain A4 sheet. Can someone show me a sample of one made on an EXCEL SHEET please?

Also, how do I enter inheritance that I expect to get in future, like money from sale of an ancestral house, jewellery etc.?

Thanks

Om

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
I landed for 1 day in June as it was really just to activate the visa. We had the forms completed and highlighted high value items (phones and iPad) which we had with is at the time of landing and listed quite a few things on the goods to follow form.

However the immigration officer said it was not needed at the time as we were taking the goods back with us to uk (after landing) and to use the forms once we were moving for good.

mohit7269

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
We are planning to land in Canada in a week and come back to US in a week's time. In our Goods to Follow list, do we need to declare the items that we are planning to purchase in a couple of months before finally moving to Canada? For example: we are planning to buy a car and some jewellery in near future by next 1.5 months before finally moving to Canada.

Should we declare the car we are planning to purchase in near future and the value of jewellery that we are going to purchase in Good to Follow list during the landing? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

andy_J

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Hey guys please suggest

I will be giving my first landing in November and than I will go back to
Saudi Arabia and will return to Canada after 3 years.

Question:

Upon my first landing how much amount i have to bring for family of 2? Can
I bring less than CAD 15000?

I will return back to Canada after 3 years and will be carrying more than
CAD 50,000 as I will landing finally

Question:

1. Will I be charge for it in the form of TAX as I will be a permanent
resident and will be liable to pay the tax?
2. Upon my first landing can I mention, that I will be bringing more CAD
50,000 (in my goods to follow list) so it will be tax free?

My Friend told me, that I can mention in the (goods to follow list upon my
first landing) that I will bring Gold worth of CAD 50,000 so it will be tax
free (I will convert my all cash in the form of Gold when I will return to
Canada)

milsv

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WARSAW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
<br><b>PER Received:</b> 23-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
7-7-2015
Med's Done....
5-8-2015<br><b> Med's Received:</b> 14-10-2015
Interview........
DM: 26-12-2015
Passport Req..
28-12-2015<br></b>[hr]<b>;D</b>
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2016
LANDED..........
<b>12-07-2016</b>
ommehta said:
Hi All,

I need to do my landing soon, and need to fill up the BSF186A - Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of imported goods).

I looked online and found a PDF version on the CBSA website - however I am looking for a version that I can edit and save, so that it makes life easier for me.

Can someone help me with such a format please?

I also read on a few posts that people made theirs on an EXCEL SHEET or a plain A4 sheet. Can someone show me a sample of one made on an EXCEL SHEET please?

Also, how do I enter inheritance that I expect to get in future, like money from sale of an ancestral house, jewellery etc.?

Thanks

Om
Actually, there are 2 forms: BSF186 and BSF186A. The first one cannot be saved-it's a protected form. The other one can be saved and you can have as many sheets of this form as needed.
My list ran into 20 pages :)
On the BSF186, I simply wrote "As per list attached" on the first line and signed the form. Then the BSF186A followed. The officer at the CBSA desk duly stamped each page.

I don't think future income of any sort can be declared at the time of landing.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Mils

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
so if I understand this correctly, the BSF186 is for goods you are bringing with you at time of landing in Canada and leaving there. Where as the BSF186a is for the list of goods to follow. You should have two copies of each ready. Additionally, where it asks for importer's address do you use your Canadian address or the address of your home country where you are coming from?

andy_J

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Do I have to take the required amount for two 15,143 CAD along with me on my first landing or I can take less than that may be 5,000 CAD as I will return back after giving my first landing

Need help....

stone hearted

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
.....: LVO

Re: Pakistan Application Forum................
« Reply #60400 on: August 19, 2016, 03:16:14 am »
Hi Seniors,

I have following queries regarding landing, it would be appreciable if i can get prompt and positive reply from you guys especially those who have landed in last 1-2 months:

1. I have received the goods to follow list and goods to accompany list in excel sheets from one of my friend, iam confused that whether this shall suffice or i have to fill any specific form having specific format for the accompanying goods/ goods to follow. if it is, then it would be worthwhile if someone can share the link of it and any sample filled. Further form B4/B4A is no longer available for download

2. Further, i was told by someone that i need to take pictures of jewellery items, So i wanted to know that this would be pictures of jewellery items from accompanying list or goods to follow or both. I also wanted to know that where this picture shall be used. Further, any more pcitures of other items like accompanying goods/ goods to follow is required or not.

3. Shall i be required to fill the form in advance for PR card or it would be given to me at the airport. Further, shall i also be required to keep the pictures as specified for the PR card as it may be required at the airport for the PR card application?

Rose197

Aug 27, 2016
Question to seniors out there - I need help!

I arrived in Canada 4 years ago. I submitted both my Goods Accompanying List upon landing and Goods to Follow List once my "first" batch of GTF has arrived a couple of weeks later.

I knew there would be another batch of Goods to Follow, but didn't know what exactly I was going to decide on getting - a friend was going to help me pack away the remaining items while I'm here giving directions over the phone/camera. For that, my Goods to Follow list that I had stamped only included the first batch. However, I did have the "Goods to Follow" box ticked.

When my second batch arrives, can I take the previous GTF form that's already stamped showing the GTF box ticked along with 2 GTF copies of the new batch? Will showing them that ticked GTF box exempt me from duty/taxes regardless of the fact I didn't actually have the list because I simply wasn't decided on what to bring next?

Please let me know..

Thank you so much!

Rose

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
hello! this question is for those who are preparing or have already travelled to Canada from India.

I am the sponsor and my husband is the primary Applicant. After our wedding in December, my husband and I moved to Qatar. Unfortunately I did not take my gold jewelry with me which is safe in the bank in India. My question is when we officially move to Canada I would like to take the jewelry back with me. It really isn't much. its just a few gold bangles and a gold necklace with earrings. along with that I have wedding gifts (earrings and necklaces) that were given to me by my uncles and aunts.

Will i have any difficulty taking everything to canada with me? I heard if I wear some of it no one will question me. Is that true? I also heard taking the jewelry out of india won't be a problem but if i had brought it back into the country then i would have to pay duty charges. But if i have an export certificate before leaving india, then when coming back with the gold then there is no problem.

What about when you enter Canada? Is that something that needs to be declared?

Should i divide it up among two people so it isn't much to declare?

as the sponsor carrying the jewelery, but travelling along with my husband, do i need to fill out the B4 form?

any advice would be helpful! thanks!