+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atzquebec said:
What address should we put ? A friend's address?
Your current address in Canada. That already mentioned in the previous quoted message!

Cool Canada

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/22/2014 according to ECAS 10/22/14
Nomination.....
DD 11/12/14
AOR Received.
PER 7/01/15.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
03/02/2015 PROCESSING STARTED 08/04/2015
Med's Request
27/04/2015
Med's Done....
9/05/2015 TLU 15/05/2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20/07/2015 Submitted to ADVO 22/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/7/2015 (as per stamped visa) Valid till 10/5/2016 Passports recv. 13/08/2015
LANDED..........
will be in APRIL2016
I have an urgent inquiry. Please respond as soon as possible. I will be leaving India on 14th April and will be staying in UK for 14 days before moving to Canada on 28th April for landing formalities. i want to ship some goods (household items) by courier from India to my relative in Calgary on 10th April. goods will be reaching within 7-8 days and at that time i will be in UK but my relative can receive the cargo on my behalf as it is door to door. can anyone suggest or inform me if i have to pay any duty on these goods? any suggesting to avoid paying duties?

friendof2005

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2015
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016
Nomination.....
13-12-2015
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08-06-2016 (to NDVO)
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
@Qorax

wanting to fetch later into Canada. (what is the definition of later), can it be after 1 or 2 years??

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
hemishad said:
I have a query

Under Jewellery section if I am not carrying any jewellery with me in the luggage but instead wearing it. Do I still need to click pictures and fill it in the form and get a valuation certificate from the jeweller? Please help its urgent as I am landing next week.
This is not mandatory, but is highly recommended. It will save you a lot of hassle in the future should you ever travel outside of Canada with the jewelry (as you can then bring it back into Canada without paying taxes by showing the stamped photos as proof that it was legally imported). You do not need a formal valuation certificate and can just estimate the value if you would like.

AngJad

Apr 20, 2016
Hello there,
I am new to this forum, wish I knew about it earlier! I am moving from Chicago to Toronto. Actually, I have been in Toronto on and off as I wait for my Permanent residency (my husband is from there). We applied for me in December, and after 4 weeks received the email stating it is being processed. I just received my work visa 3 weeks ago and am looking for a job.
I have been home in Chicago packing up my belongings. We hired a moving company to take care of all of that, Atlas, they were just here estimating the cost. I have my B4 E form and B4 A form. I am flying back into Toronto on Thursday but the truck is coming after May 3rd. Do I need to show any of these forms at the airport when I come back tomorrow?
And on the B4 e form, it states to enter landed immigrant info- I'm not a permanent resident, but should be by the end of the year from what I was told. Since I have my work visa, I should be OK with the move correct?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

adnaanahsan

May 20, 2015
Hello everyone!!

I will be traveling to Canada under Express Entry on the 28th April, and am writing in this forum on a very short notice, but I have some confusions in my mind. Hope some of you can help clarify my doubts:

1. I can't find the b4 forms in cbsa websites. It is showing as error 404. What can I do now?

2. I am planning on staying for 3 weeks this time round. I am hypertensive and require meds to control blood pressure. However, I have lost my prescriptions. Is it okay for me to carry medicine without prescription?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

friendof2005

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2015
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016
Nomination.....
13-12-2015
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08-06-2016 (to NDVO)
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
adnaanahsan said:
Hello everyone!!

I will be traveling to Canada under Express Entry on the 28th April, and am writing in this forum on a very short notice, but I have some confusions in my mind. Hope some of you can help clarify my doubts:

1. I can't find the b4 forms in cbsa websites. It is showing as error 404. What can I do now?

2. I am planning on staying for 3 weeks this time round. I am hypertensive and require meds to control blood pressure. However, I have lost my prescriptions. Is it okay for me to carry medicine without prescription?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d2/d2-1-5-eng.pdf

Form B4, Personal Effects Accounting Document and B4A, Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of
goods imported) have been renumbered BSF186 and BSF186A respectively

Tikushikha

Feb 23, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
Hi
Has anyone sent their pets as cargo and do i need to declare when i land as they will be arriving a week after me.
Thanks

Engineer80

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dear all expert

Please help me in the following questions

01-I have mentioned the amount 20000 CAD (which is available in cash except others properties) in the form IMM5406E at the time of immigration process. so i can take 20000 at the time of 1st landing. But I could not mention my some investment in resident plot (approx cost: 15000 CAD) , apartment (65000 CAD) and Jewelry (20000 CAD) and CAR (8000 CAD) at the time of immigration process. exactlly I did not know how to inform them at the time of application.

AT the time of first landing , what to do ? becoz i will not sell my property specially apartment (65000 CAD) and residential plot (15000 CAD) and Gold (20000 CAD). So what to do at first landing ? even i want to take to take my wife jewelry at the first landing.

please suggest me what to do in these matter, please i am going in this July ............regards

llgn_sp

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Guys, landing-related questions! Please help me out...

Question 1 - Inventory forms:
- When we land we hand in two inventory forms: one for what we are taking with us and another for what will be shipped later (goods to follow). I heard they stamp both.
- What do we do with this second form? How do we attach it to our shipment if we are not the ones physically shipping (since we would have already landed)?
- We are coming in with some bags and boxes but I asked some relatives to ship us a box of heavy stuff via post office after we leave. How will they attach the stamped goods to follow form in this box if the form is with us in Toronto?

Question 2 - Arriving with boxes:
- We are arriving with some boxes that are going straight from airport to storage. We are unable to put these boxes in a taxi cab.
- Can I hire a van / mover to take these boxes to the storage for me? Recommend anyone?
- Any other ideas?

Thank you so much!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
llgn_sp said:
Guys, landing-related questions! Please help me out...

Question 1 - Inventory forms:
- When we land we hand in two inventory forms: one for what we are taking with us and another for what will be shipped later (goods to follow). I heard they stamp both.
- What do we do with this second form? How do we attach it to our shipment if we are not the ones physically shipping (since we would have already landed)?
- We are coming in with some bags and boxes but I asked some relatives to ship us a box of heavy stuff via post office after we leave. How will they attach the stamped goods to follow form in this box if the form is with us in Toronto?

Question 2 - Arriving with boxes:
- We are arriving with some boxes that are going straight from airport to storage. We are unable to put these boxes in a taxi cab.
- Can I hire a van / mover to take these boxes to the storage for me? Recommend anyone?
- Any other ideas?

Thank you so much!
1) When the goods arrived at the port or CBSA warehouse, you will be notified by the shipper and will need to bring the stamped form for custom clearance before the goods can be deliver to your Canadian home.

2) How big is the boxes? If you can drive, perhaps you can rent a pick up truck or u-haul truck to deliver the boxes? Or if the boxes can put inside the toyota sienna taxi cab, then you don't have to hire a mover.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Engineer80 said:
Dear all expert

Please help me in the following questions

01-I have mentioned the amount 20000 CAD (which is available in cash except others properties) in the form IMM5406E at the time of immigration process. so i can take 20000 at the time of 1st landing. But I could not mention my some investment in resident plot (approx cost: 15000 CAD) , apartment (65000 CAD) and Jewelry (20000 CAD) and CAR (8000 CAD) at the time of immigration process. exactlly I did not know how to inform them at the time of application.

AT the time of first landing , what to do ? becoz i will not sell my property specially apartment (65000 CAD) and residential plot (15000 CAD) and Gold (20000 CAD). So what to do at first landing ? even i want to take to take my wife jewelry at the first landing.

please suggest me what to do in these matter, please i am going in this July ............regards
You will receive a declaration card in the airplane and must declare your jewelries and money you are bringing.

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law 01-04-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
08-04-2015 (10-01-2015: PR In Process)
File Transfer...
Fingerprint Background Check (Canada) 02-18-2016
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
First I want to say thanks for posting this topic. I was wondering how to fill the forms out and if I could list things in categories and branch off into an EXCEL type sheet. This confirmed it. I noticed the below link and wanted to inform you of a recent update after letting CIC know that the link was broken on their website:

WHERE TO FIND THE FORM?
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Hope that helped.
Qorax
The updated link is the following:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html

I am not sure how much has changed from the B4 form to the new BSF186 form, but there you go :D.

The below is slightly confusing:

There is the following to fill out now:
Country of Origin and Country of Export: Does this not mean the same thing? Items originated from the United States and is being "Exported" from the United states?

Additional list of goods
Form BSF186A (Assuming it is like the B4a form, an extension for more items.)
Mover's inventory (Not sure what this is?)
Other (Obvious)
Goods to follow (Yes/No) (Obvious)
Form BSF715 number (if applicable) (Not sure what this is?)

One more thing, just the double checker in me, lets say I have 50 DVDs, I would list DVDs as a category on the form and on the EXCEL type sheet I would list each movie by name and value of each?

Baffled

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law 01-04-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
08-04-2015 (10-01-2015: PR In Process)
File Transfer...
Fingerprint Background Check (Canada) 02-18-2016
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
Do I need to list every piece of clothing? Shirts? Pants? Values? o_O

julies879

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016, sent same day
AOR Received.
27-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-02-2017
Baffled said:
Do I need to list every piece of clothing? Shirts? Pants? Values? o_O
It can be grouped into categories: clothes, books, kitchenware, furniture. Just be sure to give a total for all your clothes, all of your books, all of your kitchenware, etc etc. Also, a lump sum of all you're bringing across.