+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

skalair

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
AUH
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-AUGUST
B4 require to be filled by each family members or a one combined copy will serve the purpose. We are a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 kids), how it will work?

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
steaky said:
So what are you going to do if the immigration officer refuses to process your B4 form after learning that you are just doing a short landing and would be returning to Pakistan shortly?
Steaky

1. You still havent confirmed that CBSA whether CBSA accepts B4 form only at landing or later as well when the person intends to settle for long period -- - Theres divided opinion on this (qorax and zardoz have said it can ONLY be done at First Landing)

2. For short landing GAL may not apply since intention for long 12 months stay is not there but GTF would still apply, since it would be goods arriving later WHEN the settler does intend to stay for 12 months

So is outcome 2 the best solution ?

Thanks

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
qorax said:
For any of the items which u r taking out of Canada & wish to bring it back, u need to Declare during embarkation at the Canadian Airport.

The BSO would file in a Yellow Form (the No. I'm not remembering) & give it to u for showing to an officer on returning. That's how the system works.

So, u'd be fine with it. Right?
Dear Qorax

For any items that we would be taking back, is it necessary to file in the yellow form ? And this filing would be done at point of entry or exit ?

Why cant we just repeat those items in GTF ?

Thanks

doc2015

Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Photos:10-03-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 20-02-2015
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
First landing is for the PR Card... That is Intent.
So, B4 and GTF are to be submitted
You cannot claim duty free after the first landing.
Why take the risk, you stay for few days and come back or enter US for a day... doesn't matter.
Both forms are on First Landing.

Regards
doc2015

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarimraza said:
Steaky

1. You still havent confirmed that CBSA whether CBSA accepts B4 form only at landing or later as well when the person intends to settle for long period -- - Theres divided opinion on this (qorax and zardoz have said it can ONLY be done at First Landing)

2. For short landing GAL may not apply since intention for long 12 months stay is not there but GTF would still apply, since it would be goods arriving later WHEN the settler does intend to stay for 12 months

So is outcome 2 the best solution ?

Thanks
If you want something black and white from the CBSA prior to your landing, perhaps you can email or phone them? It doesn't matter if I confirm or not confirm. It all depends on the officer you encountered in the airport. If the officer insist to process your B4 at your second landing, what would you do?

Different people including CBSA officers have different opinion about whether to submit B4 at first landing or subsequent landings. Some look at your GAL but not all officers does. There are no best solution. All you can do is wait and see.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doc2015 said:
First landing is for the PR Card... That is Intent.
So, B4 and GTF are to be submitted
You cannot claim duty free after the first landing.
Why take the risk, you stay for few days and come back or enter US for a day... doesn't matter.
Both forms are on First Landing.

Regards
doc2015
How do you know he has a US visa?

doc2015

Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Photos:10-03-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 20-02-2015
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
I did not say he has a US visa !
He mentioned going to US on the previous page...

Regards
doc2015

dobermaxx

Mar 9, 2016
steaky said:
Aren't they sometimes the same thing?
Sorry I should have been clearer. In the OP Jewelry and Personal Effects are in separate categories, I was wondering where I should put watches? Are watches considered Jewelry from a customs point of view?

Ronnn

Nov 26, 2015
Dear all,

I have a quick question.

I am a former resident and return to Canada with my wife (she's a settler).

Should we fill in one single Form B4 as a whole or I have to fill in mine and she had to fill in her? How about the limit?

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Hi Guys,

I'm going to bring a small amount of prescription meds to Canada. For some prescription meds I will have the prescription, but some are just leftover meds that I bought long ago and no longer have the prescription. Is prescription absolutely necessary?

How do I enter those prescription meds in the Goods Accompanying form? Number of boxes, number of pills?

Eg. antibiotics - 2 boxes/20 pills?

Please, reply as soon as possible. I've been asking this question over and over again and nobody seems to know the answer.

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
One more question. What is considered a commercial sample by the Canadian customs authorities? http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d8/d8-2-8-eng.html
In one of the customs forms they ask us whether we carry any samples. Are skincare product/perfume samples that one brings for personal use considered commercial samples? If I bring with me several samples that I'm going to use just as regular skincare products/perfume, do I have to declare them in the form as commercial samples?

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
I've found info on how to fill in B4 form section by section. I'm pasting it here to our common benefit.

* Importer’s Name – Your name.
* Importer’s Address – Your current address in Canada.
* Country of Origin – The country the goods originated in.
* Country of Export – The country the goods sailed from.
* Description of goods – Please write “See attached list” and staple the completed Packaging List to the B4E form.
* Conveyances – This section to be completed by those shipping a vehicle, watercraft, aircraft or trailer.
* Additional list of goods – In most cases you will tick the box saying Movers Inventory.
* Goods to Follow – Yes, if you do have a second shipment to follow. No, if this is the only shipment you have coming into Canada.
* Classification – You will meet one of the four classifications listed on the B4 – complete the section that describes your status in Canada.
* Signed at – City or Town you are in.
* On – Date
* Signature – Please do not forget to sign the document.

Source: http://www.putraventure.com/v2/canada-customs-form.html

Reactions: autumn87

Achee

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Surrey, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]LONDON[/color][/b][/font][/size]
NOC Code......
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]2175[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]22-AUG-2014[/color][/b][/font][/size]
AOR Received.
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]28-AUG-2014[/color][/b][/font][/size]
File Transfer...
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]19-DEC-2014 [size=8pt](to LVO)[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Med's Request
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]27-OCT-2015 [size=8pt](+ PCC, RRPF, Proof of Funds)[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Med's Done....
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]01-NOV-2015[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Passport Req..
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]12-FEB-2016[/color][/b][/font][/size]
VISA ISSUED...
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]08-FEB-2016[/color][/b][/font][/size]
LANDED..........
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]29-JUL-2016[/color][/b][/font][/size]
HappyFlowerChild said:
I've found info on how to fill in B4 form section by section. I'm pasting it here to our common benefit.

* Description of goods – Please write “See attached list” and staple the completed Packaging List to the B4E form.
* Conveyances – This section to be completed by those shipping a vehicle, watercraft, aircraft or trailer.
* Additional list of goods – In most cases you will tick the box saying Movers Inventory.
* Goods to Follow – Yes, if you do have a second shipment to follow. No, if this is the only shipment you have coming into Canada.
* Classification – You will meet one of the four classifications listed on the B4 – complete the section that describes your status in Canada.
* On – Date

Thanks HappyFlowerChild, good information :)

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
HappyFlowerChild said:

* On – Date

What address should we put ? A friend's address?

hemishad

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/10/2014
Nomination.....
18/12/2014
AOR Received.
03/03/2015
File Transfer...
09/03/2015
Med's Request
16/07/2015
Med's Done....
27/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/09/2015
LANDED..........
Not decided
I have a query

Under Jewellery section if I am not carrying any jewellery with me in the luggage but instead wearing it. Do I still need to click pictures and fill it in the form and get a valuation certificate from the jeweller? Please help its urgent as I am landing next week.