+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Guys,

In B4 form, they have asked for Importer's Address(guessing this should be a Canadian address?)

As we plan to do a short landing of 2 weeks in couple of months time, and return in less than a year, What address should we mentioned here, considering we do not have permanent address in Canada at this time ?

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Dear All

Qorax has explained how to fill the B4 form in detail, however I have 2 questions

I plan to first land in canada with my family for short time -- 2 months and then return permanently after 2-3 years

1. In form B4, ther are four classification type -- which one will I Tick now in accompanying goods B4 and which one will I fill in B4 GTF ?

Qorax mentioned some 'Newcomer' Box, but thats not present in the form

2. The form requires a canadian address, but our initial canadian address will be temporary as in a hotel which would change to some other address in future -- so should we just put the hotel address or should we put address of our relative who is permanently settled there ?

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarimraza said:
2. The form requires a canadian address, but our initial canadian address will be temporary as in a hotel which would change to some other address in future -- so should we just put the hotel address or should we put address of our relative who is permanently settled there ?

Thanks
Fill the form later if you have a Canadian address!

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
steaky said:
Fill the form later if you have a Canadian address!
Dear Steaky

For initial short landings, Qorax has advised everyone to check the newcomer or settler box since its always advisable to submit B4 forms at landing - - - Later the immigration might not allow them -- but if we check settler box but initially dont stay for 12 months non stop -- is that a problem ?

Could it be that we do intend to settle but not immediately as you mentioned elsewhere ?

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarimraza said:
Dear Steaky

For initial short landings, Qorax has advised everyone to check the newcomer or settler box since its always advisable to submit B4 forms at landing - - - Later the immigration might not allow them -- but if we check settler box but initially dont stay for 12 months non stop -- is that a problem ?

Could it be that we do intend to settle but not immediately as you mentioned elsewhere ?

Thanks
Then submit the form later when you intend to live in Canada for at least 12 months!

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
steaky said:
Then submit the form later when you intend to live in Canada for at least 12 months!
But later they may not accept the form, B4 forms should be submitted at landing, thats the impression I got --- The meaning of staying 12 months non stop is unclear, what if u do intend to stay for 12 months but have to visit USA for job purpose, or some emergency happens, or u have to travel, i mean u may still intend but there are no guarentees .. .

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarimraza said:
But later they may not accept the form, B4 forms should be submitted at landing, thats the impression I got --- The meaning of staying 12 months non stop is unclear, what if u do intend to stay for 12 months but have to visit USA for job purpose, or some emergency happens, or u have to travel, i mean u may still intend but there are no guarentees .. .
Who said B4 forms should be submitted at landing? Certainly not the CBSA or the immigration officers you encounter at the airport or land border.

Of course there are no guarantees of living in Canada continuously. However, you would need to declare your intention when you submit the form to the border officer especially if you have goods to follow from Pakistan to Canada via a door to door company. In addition, why do feel that they may not accept the form later?

dobermaxx

Mar 9, 2016
HI I've gone through the forum and haven't seemed to be able to find the info i'm looking for so I thought I'd ask. When it comes to watches and timepieces, are these considered jewelry or personal effects? Will I need to take pictures of them as well? None of them are of any real high value.

Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobermaxx said:
HI I've gone through the forum and haven't seemed to be able to find the info i'm looking for so I thought I'd ask. When it comes to watches and timepieces, are these considered jewelry or personal effects? Will I need to take pictures of them as well? None of them are of any real high value.

Thanks.
Aren't they sometimes the same thing?

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
steaky said:
Who said B4 forms should be submitted at landing? Certainly not the CBSA or the immigration officers you encounter at the airport or land border.

Of course there are no guarantees of living in Canada continuously. However, you would need to declare your intention when you submit the form to the border officer especially if you have goods to follow from Pakistan to Canada via a door to door company. In addition, why do feel that they may not accept the form later?
Thanks Steaky, but if you read the beginning of this thread by Qorax -- he stresses at many points that at point of landing one must submit the B4 forms .

For short landing one scenario might be Not to give GAL as one will be travelling light but to give GTF (as there is intention to live for 12 months in future) --- the intention to live for 12 months non stop is unclear, u might have the intention but for a day if u cross the border to see buffalo new york, i dont know if that intention would be falsified ?

I guess they mean if u know in advance u will be short landing then u should not give GAL but if u dont know in advance then intention is ok even if something unexpected comes up -- thats the only way to understand intention

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
HappyLucky said:
Hi seniors
Thanks for sharing information

1-beside jewelries which I sometimes wear, and I have to take photos of them,
should I ALSO take photos or list the jewelries, I always wear ? like necklace, earrings,etc? and they cost more than $1000

2- I am gonna stay in a temporary home which I booked online for 10 days, till I rent a place I won't have an address to provide in the "importer's address " BOX , what should I do while I have no address for PR Card?

3-I can write down my categories with briefly example of goods in the original B4 Form, Do i still need extra excel sheets ?
my form will be something like this..is it enough or I have to fill it with more detail and the name of all goods?

1-Electrnics : 1-laptop (xxxxxx) 2- camera (xxxx) 3-cell phone (xxx)
2-Medication : pain killers, cold stop, cough syrup, etc
3-Sanitory and cosmetics: lotions,hair conditioner, soap,etc
4-books
5-personal effects
Hi HappyLucky,
How did you manage your address issue on the B4 form? Did you get UPS address before landing or...?

Achee

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Surrey, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]LONDON[/color][/b][/font][/size]
NOC Code......
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]2175[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]22-AUG-2014[/color][/b][/font][/size]
AOR Received.
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]28-AUG-2014[/color][/b][/font][/size]
File Transfer...
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]19-DEC-2014 [size=8pt](to LVO)[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Med's Request
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]27-OCT-2015 [size=8pt](+ PCC, RRPF, Proof of Funds)[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Med's Done....
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]01-NOV-2015[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Passport Req..
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]12-FEB-2016[/color][/b][/font][/size]
VISA ISSUED...
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]08-FEB-2016[/color][/b][/font][/size]
LANDED..........
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]29-JUL-2016[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Hi Qorax,

This question may be answered earlier but I'm not able to find any:
The values that we have to enter in the list, are these the original prices or the current/secondhand assumpted prices? (few items will have original invoices)

(Crockery, decoration items, and many more are impossible to remember the original price since some of them are 15 years old or more)

Thanks in advance

Achee

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarimraza said:
Thanks Steaky, but if you read the beginning of this thread by Qorax -- he stresses at many points that at point of landing one must submit the B4 forms .

For short landing one scenario might be Not to give GAL as one will be travelling light but to give GTF (as there is intention to live for 12 months in future) --- the intention to live for 12 months non stop is unclear, u might have the intention but for a day if u cross the border to see buffalo new york, i dont know if that intention would be falsified ?

I guess they mean if u know in advance u will be short landing then u should not give GAL but if u dont know in advance then intention is ok even if something unexpected comes up -- thats the only way to understand intention
So what are you going to do if the immigration officer refuses to process your B4 form after learning that you are just doing a short landing and would be returning to Pakistan shortly?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Achee said:
Hi Qorax,

This question may be answered earlier but I'm not able to find any:
The values that we have to enter in the list, are these the original prices or the current/secondhand assumpted prices? (few items will have original invoices)

(Crockery, decoration items, and many more are impossible to remember the original price since some of them are 15 years old or more)

Thanks in advance

Achee
Qorax had not been in this form several years if you look at his profile!

You give your best estimate values on the items.

Achee

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Surrey, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]LONDON[/color][/b][/font][/size]
NOC Code......
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]2175[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]22-AUG-2014[/color][/b][/font][/size]
AOR Received.
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]28-AUG-2014[/color][/b][/font][/size]
File Transfer...
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]19-DEC-2014 [size=8pt](to LVO)[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Med's Request
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]27-OCT-2015 [size=8pt](+ PCC, RRPF, Proof of Funds)[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Med's Done....
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]01-NOV-2015[/color][/b][/font][/size]
Passport Req..
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]12-FEB-2016[/color][/b][/font][/size]
VISA ISSUED...
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]08-FEB-2016[/color][/b][/font][/size]
LANDED..........
[size=9pt][font=courier][b][color=green]29-JUL-2016[/color][/b][/font][/size]
steaky said:
Qorax had not been in this form several years if you look at his profile!

You give your best estimate values on the items.
Thanks a lot steaky for your reply.
I just noticed that you have been a great help for a lot of people, that is so nice of you :)

Is it possible to have any sample of filled B4 form and Excel workbook from any user here? This would help me immensely.

Regards