+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

Tvgt

Nov 30, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
OTT/LON - Common Law
App. Filed.......
31-03-2015
Doc's Request.
22-09-2015 - in process
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
File Transfer...
01-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
Landing: 14th Dec 2015
FSW_Applicant said:
Just list it as [model] computer + accessories. Total value $xxx
Cheers!!

PlasmodiumVivax

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 16, 2013
AOR Received.
August 16, 2013
Med's Request
August 19, 2013
Med's Done....
August 26, 2013
Interview........
NBI Docs req: Jan 14, 2014
Passport Req..
Naunahan nalang sa approval sa PR thru EE
VISA ISSUED...
Nganga pa rin Open work permit application
LANDED..........
Dec 8 2015
Hi,

I'm planning to bring DVD installers of my games. These discs are not required to play the game but I would like to have physical copies of the game I own. Do I still need to declare them even if the discs itself has no monetary value considering that their licenses once installed are tied to the owner and cannot be resold (Origin, Steam, UPlay etc)

Also, is sterling silver bracelet worth about $100 when it was purchased considered jewelry? That would only be the thing I will be bringing in.. so just wondering if I still need to make a photo of that. It looks like this:

srd3936

Sep 19, 2015
I have a question regarding paper to print my B4 and photos on.... In the instructions listed on page 1 is states to use A4 paper which is approx. 8.26" x 11.69". I'm in the US and the standard letter paper here is 8.50" x 11.00". Does it make any difference if I print on A4 or US/Canada standard letter paper?

This seem trivial but.....

Thanks for answering my paranoid questions. :)

FSW_Applicant

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-Sep-2015
I moved from the US a few weeks ago and used A4 paper for my B4 documents. No issues at the border.

srd3936 said:
I have a question regarding paper to print my B4 and photos on.... In the instructions listed on page 1 is states to use A4 paper which is approx. 8.26" x 11.69". I'm in the US and the standard letter paper here is 8.50" x 11.00". Does it make any difference if I print on A4 or US/Canada standard letter paper?

This seem trivial but.....

Thanks for answering my paranoid questions. :)

FSW_Applicant

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-Sep-2015
I put my game DVDs on the list and marked value as $10 for the whole lot. As for the bracelet, we listed anything > $50 on the 'goods on us' list. You are not required to pay duty on the items that you are bringing in so no need to provide photos. We provided photos only for the jewelry that we did not bring with us.

PlasmodiumVivax said:
Hi,

I'm planning to bring DVD installers of my games. These discs are not required to play the game but I would like to have physical copies of the game I own. Do I still need to declare them even if the discs itself has no monetary value considering that their licenses once installed are tied to the owner and cannot be resold (Origin, Steam, UPlay etc)

Also, is sterling silver bracelet worth about $100 when it was purchased considered jewelry? That would only be the thing I will be bringing in.. so just wondering if I still need to make a photo of that. It looks like this:

PlasmodiumVivax

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 16, 2013
AOR Received.
August 16, 2013
Med's Request
August 19, 2013
Med's Done....
August 26, 2013
Interview........
NBI Docs req: Jan 14, 2014
Passport Req..
Naunahan nalang sa approval sa PR thru EE
VISA ISSUED...
Nganga pa rin Open work permit application
LANDED..........
Dec 8 2015
Thanks Sir! that makes sense.

srd3936

Sep 19, 2015
I know this may sound like I'm beating a dead horse but if I can print the B4 form on 8.5" x 14" (as noted at top of PDF B4 form from CBSA and which does not seem to have an equivalent in ISO paper size) yet instructions here on completing the B4 Form state A4 paper for the excel lists and picutures which will be attached to the B4 Form. Or is the A4 required only because there is a lot people immigrating from other than North American and A4 paper is more readily available outside North America, and those immigrating from North American are OK to use 8.5"x11"paper..

Info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

FSW_Applicant

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-Sep-2015
Answered above, 8.5x11 paper is fine. Just make 2 copies of everything

srd3936 said:
I know this may sound like I'm beating a dead horse but if I can print the B4 form on 8.5" x 14" (as noted at top of PDF B4 form from CBSA and which does not seem to have an equivalent in ISO paper size) yet instructions here on completing the B4 Form state A4 paper for the excel lists and picutures which will be attached to the B4 Form. Or is the A4 required only because there is a lot people immigrating from other than North American and A4 paper is more readily available outside North America, and those immigrating from North American are OK to use 8.5"x11"paper..

Info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Hi All.

Hope you people are fine and doing well. I am planning to move Canada around 15 December. I am just a little bit confused in filling B4 form. Like there are 8 rows, how to fill those 8 rows.

As I have..

1) Lots of Jeans, shirts, t-shirts, shoes, sox and so on.
2) Lots of crockery and many things.
3) Lots of other stuff like bedsheets, pilows and so on
4) Toys
5) Laptop
6) food items
7) and there are so man other things as well..

please let me know how to fill those 8 rows. like there are following heading:

* Description of goods ( include serial numbers,...)
* Value ( CDN dollars)

i would be greatful to you if you people reply urgent.

thanks

Tasks33

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-12-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
02-05-2015
Dear All,...One quick question.....
I will making my landing tomorrow (16th Nov) and have filled my B4 form (I do not have any Goods to follows) while my Wife and Children would be landing in April 2016....So, I understand that I may fill their B4 along with my wife's jewelry list and pictures at the time of their Landing in April. Am I correct?
Please confirm.... Thanks

FSW_Applicant

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-Sep-2015
Hi, please refer to page 1 of this thread. User qorax has very nicely laid out the process. I refered to that and didn't face any issues.

zain92 said:
Hi All.

Hope you people are fine and doing well. I am planning to move Canada around 15 December. I am just a little bit confused in filling B4 form. Like there are 8 rows, how to fill those 8 rows.

As I have..

1) Lots of Jeans, shirts, t-shirts, shoes, sox and so on.
2) Lots of crockery and many things.
3) Lots of other stuff like bedsheets, pilows and so on
4) Toys
5) Laptop
6) food items
7) and there are so man other things as well..

please let me know how to fill those 8 rows. like there are following heading:

* Description of goods ( include serial numbers,...)
* Value ( CDN dollars)

i would be greatful to you if you people reply urgent.

thanks

HappyLucky

May 28, 2015
Hi seniors
Thanks for sharing information

1-beside jewelries which I sometimes wear, and I have to take photos of them,
should I ALSO take photos or list the jewelries, I always wear ? like necklace, earrings,etc? and they cost more than $1000

2- I am gonna stay in a temporary home which I booked online for 10 days, till I rent a place I won't have an address to provide in the "importer's address " BOX , what should I do while I have no address for PR Card?

3-I can write down my categories with briefly example of goods in the original B4 Form, Do i still need extra excel sheets ?
my form will be something like this..is it enough or I have to fill it with more detail and the name of all goods?

1-Electrnics : 1-laptop (xxxxxx) 2- camera (xxxx) 3-cell phone (xxx)
2-Medication : pain killers, cold stop, cough syrup, etc
3-Sanitory and cosmetics: lotions,hair conditioner, soap,etc
4-books
5-personal effects

FSW_Applicant

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-Sep-2015
Please see answers to your questions.

HappyLucky said:
Hi seniors
Thanks for sharing information

1-beside jewelries which I sometimes wear, and I have to take photos of them,
should I ALSO take photos or list the jewelries, I always wear ? like necklace, earrings,etc? and they cost more than $1000 You are not required to submit photos of jewelry that you are wearing. However, to be on the safe side, you might want to list them on your form, especially if they are of $1000 value

2- I am gonna stay in a temporary home which I booked online for 10 days, till I rent a place I won't have an address to provide in the "importer's address " BOX , what should I do while I have no address for PR Card? Had a similar issue. Was staying at a hotel for 20+ days and didn't have an address. Try & contact a UPS store near the city you intend to reside in. They offer mailboxes that have an address and not a PO box number. It cost me about $100 for 3 months, but I could get all my mail sent there for no extra cost. Most of the UPS stores will allow you access to pick up your mail even after hours. Trust me, you will need address for bank account, credit card, PR card, insurance etc.

3-I can write down my categories with briefly example of goods in the original B4 Form, Do i still need extra excel sheets ?
my form will be something like this..is it enough or I have to fill it with more detail and the name of all goods?

1-Electrnics : 1-laptop (xxxxxx) 2- camera (xxxx) 3-cell phone (xxx)
2-Medication : pain killers, cold stop, cough syrup, etc
3-Sanitory and cosmetics: lotions,hair conditioner, soap,etc
4-books
5-personal effects
If you are only carrying 8 items, then it will fit in the B4 sheet. If you have more, then attach extra sheets with a description of the goods that you are carrying / intend to bring at a later date.

Pak_UK

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Monteal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Hi Dear Forum members,

I have been reading all the posts regarding goods import and I am super confused. I have some questions regarding this.

1. Please confirm which forms I need to fill.. B4/B4a/186A/186 etc.. i dont understand the difference so please help. and also where to find these.
2. I am landing in december for a week only, so will only have limited items to carry with me.. will that be a problem?
3. Anybody landing in montreal during that time around 05 Dec?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank You

Muhriz

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hello All,

This might have already been answered so sorry for duplication

My parent will be immigrating to Canada in December. I would like to know for transferring funds here (without any duty). for example, funds available there in cash or available after they sell property in back home.

Also, total 4 person will be coming to Canada (2 dependents) so how much cash can they bring in first time and how to inform CBSA that we will have more funds coming in the future?

Thanks.