+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Do we need to list the clothing items in goods to follow list ?

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
Any Examples with filled out forms would be highly appreciated and would be much valued to people like me in this forum

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
HawkEye said:
Any Examples with filled out forms would be highly appreciated and would be much valued to people like me in this forum
Dear HawkEye,

You may please take a look at the link below:

Link: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow#What_to_include_in_list

Hope it helps.

Wrangler

Jul 21, 2013
Thanks for all the useful info. I need some assistance from you folks too.

We are a family of 5 (returning Canadians after five years). We did not get any list of jewelry when we left Canada and now we are bringing that back along with a couple of gold bars that we purchased while away from Canada. We have listed all of the items in B4 and B4a along with an appraisal from the jeweler. Is there any complication in bringing this stuff back to Canada?
As I understand if we had been out of country for long we could bring our earnings as well as possessions and declare them at the entry point despite the value of the item as long as each item is less than 10K, please correct and assist us. Thanks.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Hello folks,
I'm looking at the B4 form and for the two fields:
-Country of Origin
-Country of Export

I'm still unclear what those fields mean.

My wife is coming to Canada from the USA. She will be bringing some clothes and other goods. She bought them all in the USA. So is the answers to both fields "USA"?

Thanks

Wrangler

Jul 21, 2013
We just landed in Toronto and returning residents and thought to share our experience with all of you.

I prepared two copies for B4/B4A forms for he stuff that we carried along and same for the good to follow. When we were in the queue we noticed that there were three attendants and out of those the two ladies were quite rudely attending the people, however we were lucky enough to get our turn with a very nice gentleman. He was glad to see all the paper work in place already and happily made copies of the stuff, pictures of the jewelry and stamped our copies. He also let our kids to stamp a couple of pages. The process is very simple if you are attended by the right person I guess. :)

kevs

May 17, 2013
This is a great topic, thank you.

I have one question:

I will be landing this week in Canada, and I will be bringing a GTF list. My mom will be visiting me for Christmas in Canada. Could she bring me the goods on that list when she visits, or does it have to be me getting the stuff? Will she need a copy of my GTF list?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevs said:
This is a great topic, thank you.

I have one question:

I will be landing this week in Canada, and I will be bringing a GTF list. My mom will be visiting me for Christmas in Canada. Could she bring me the goods on that list when she visits, or does it have to be me getting the stuff? Will she need a copy of my GTF list?
As a visitor of Canada, she can bring additional things to you too.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
ASK said:
Dear HawkEye,

You may please take a look at the link below:

Link: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow#What_to_include_in_list

Hope it helps.
This is great! Thanks!

One question - the url above says to list and detail precious jewelry. My wife has just a few pieces of nice jewelry, but it is already here as she left it here on her last trip, in addition to a lot of her clothes and other goods. Since it is already here, is she required to list it on the form when she lands? I think I read that she doesn't need to since it is already in Canada. But just want to confirm.

Thanks!

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Xorax and Other seniors

words written in this thread today as i am filing my B4 form. thanks

GrcEm

Mar 9, 2013
Good Day! Is it oblige to have this B4 even I only bring my personal clothes and personal thingy?

sarfarosh9349

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Dear Friends

Is there any one on the forum who uses the option of goods to follow while landing at Canada. If yes, what is way you chooses to send your items to canada.

Also would any one on the forum would be kind enough to share necessary list of items and house holds items one should take while going to Canada. It is to mention that we are family of three. Husband, wife and kid of three years.

Thanks

shaziabibi

Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LDN
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2009
Doc's Request.
May, 2009
AOR Received.
August, 2009
File Transfer...
June, 2010
Med's Request
March, 2013
Med's Done....
June, 2013
Interview........
November, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 letter received via e-mail on July 16, 2013, DM Status on August 26, 2013 and finally got PPR2 on August 30, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
October 8, 2013
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
sarfarosh9349 said:
Dear Friends

Is there any one on the forum who uses the option of goods to follow while landing at Canada. If yes, what is way you chooses to send your items to canada.

Also would any one on the forum would be kind enough to share necessary list of items and house holds items one should take while going to Canada. It is to mention that we are family of three. Husband, wife and kid of three years.

Thanks

roopster

Nov 13, 2013
Hi All,

does anyone know if a colleague of mine can clear my shipment on arrival on my behalf (of course with my original stamped B4 and B4a)?
I am sure one can always assign the task to a clearing agent, but can I authorize another individual to do so on behalf, without me being physically present?
My goods might be arriving at a time when I physically cannot be present (due to work requirements) and I would rather not pay the exorbitant demmurage charges to hold the shipment till I can get back.

Apologies if this has already been answered on the forum. I did search quite a bit, but no luck

Regards

roopster

Nov 13, 2013
Hi All,

Update to my own query. Had written to CBSA and got the following reply (quoted verbatim):

If you cannot pick up your shipment in person you must ensure that the person who will pick up your baggage has either been granted power of attorney to act on your behalf, or has been provided with written authorization from you giving your permission for them to do so.

Though anyone can witness/sign this authorization, a letter certified, stamped, or sealed by an official who has the authority to administer an oath or solemn declaration (i.e. a commissioner for oaths, notary public, lawyer, doctor, etc.) will increase the credibility of the letter, and is recommended.

If you decide to have a delegate pick up your goods, please make sure that the person picking up your baggage has government-issued photo identification to confirm their identity to the border services officer, as comprehensive a list as possible of the goods included in the baggage, and/or a copy of the B4 form.

More information on this can be accessed in Memorandum D1-6-1, Authority to Act as Agent:
<link was provided by CBSA but I cannot post links in the forum, so had to remove it>...roopster

Should you require additional assistance with your inquiry, we recommend that you contact the Border Information Service (BIS). You can access the BIS line free of charge throughout Canada by calling 1-800-461-9999. If you are calling from outside Canada, you can access the BIS line by calling either 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 (long-distance charges will apply). If you call during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, except holidays), you can speak to an officer by pressing “0” after you have made a selection of one of the 4 menu options.

Thank you for contacting the Canada Border Services Agency.

Hope this helps others with similar queries.

Cheers

roopster said:
Hi All,

does anyone know if a colleague of mine can clear my shipment on arrival on my behalf (of course with my original stamped B4 and B4a)?
I am sure one can always assign the task to a clearing agent, but can I authorize another individual to do so on behalf, without me being physically present?
My goods might be arriving at a time when I physically cannot be present (due to work requirements) and I would rather not pay the exorbitant demmurage charges to hold the shipment till I can get back.

Apologies if this has already been answered on the forum. I did search quite a bit, but no luck

Regards