+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
shibu said:
dear sir,

1.please advice B4(GFL) and (GAL)should be printed or handwritten will be ok?

2.Can we take two DDs instead of one?(name of PA or spouse?)
3. should we take the pictures of my silver jewellery?(some jewellery is gold plated)?
Thanks
Replied elsewhere.

nreddyd9

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-aug-2012
File Transfer...
19-oct-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-Jan-2013
In the Goods to Follow list can i list the jewellery that i do not own right now. I am planning to buy Gold next time when i come to India n carry with me. In that case I will not have the pictures of it.

Do we need to have the pictures of the jewellery listed in the Goods to Follow too??

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nreddyd9 said:
In the Goods to Follow list can i list the jewellery that i do not own right now. I am planning to buy Gold next time when i come to India n carry with me. In that case I will not have the pictures of it.

Do we [size=12pt]need to have the pictures of the jewellery listed in the Goods to Follow too??[/size]
Yes.

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Qorax, Thanks so much for this thread! So informative.

ujwald

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
ND
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06-10-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
23-11-2010 "In process since March 07,2012"
Med's Request
26-02- 2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013 and 03-03-2013 (Medical Received Line added on 13-05-2013)
Interview........
Not Made
Passport Req..
All documents Received by NDVO:12/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
lokoloko0 said:
Thanks dear :)
Dear Sir If u developed B4, B4A Forms on word or excel, can u provide me on ujwaldhakal@gmail.com
Your help will definitely be time saving and stress free for me.
Many respects
ujwald

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ujwald said:
Dear Sir If u developed B4, B4A Forms on word or excel, can u provide me on ujwaldhakal @ gmail.com
Your help will definitely be time saving and stress free for me.
Many respects
ujwald
You can download the forms from their website in pdf format.

j0sh-k

Mar 4, 2013
Hi Qorax,

I read through your previous advice and it answered many of my preliminary questions, however I still have a little doubt regarding some things and I was hoping if you could provide some clarity.

I have recently obtained a work permit for Canada that is valid for 24 months, therefore qualifying for settler status; entering Canada with the intention of establishing, for the first time, a residence for a period of not less than 12 months.

The following questions refer to completing the list in the B4: Personal Affects Accounting Document:
Please see below the order of how my partner and I will be arriving in the country:

• In March, I arrive in Canada with a suitcase (a).
• I establish an address.
• Still in March, my civil partner then sends the bulk of our goods to me via air cargo.
• I collect the goods.
• In May, my civil partner then arrives in Canada with a suitcase (b).

Therefore between the two of us we have 3 lots of goods accompanying us into Canada;

• suitcase(a): my belongings.
• suitcase(b): my partner’s belongings.
• air cargo: both of our belongings.

Questions:
1. Does the list have to cover all the items in; suitcase (a), suitcase (b) and air cargo? Or can we only account for the air cargo?
2. The content of the air cargo belongs to both of us; therefore can we provide 1 B4 document including all of our items?
3. Can I be the only bearer of the B4 Document; i.e. when my partner arrives she only has suitcase (b) and does not need to declare anything?

I look forward to your response.

Many thanks!

KY2CA

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 27 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 20 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
Hello All,

Please help clarify the below for me:
I am CSQ approved, FSW PR applicant. I have received a PPR and currently the passports are with Ottawa. my question is:
1) Do I need to do the landing through Quebec only? or it can be done through other port of entry (Buffalo) since I am in US, Toronto is closer to me. I intend to do landing via road only.
2) If am traveling to Toronto will my PR get activated at Toronto or Do I still need to drive to Quebec for PR activation?
3) Is the interview process in Quebec (for documents + goods) in French/English or both?

thanks for your help.

KY2CA

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 27 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 20 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
Hello Qorax and all,

I read through 17 pages of this thread and posting this clarification.

1) I am traveling from US to Canada by road with GAL B4 form. I have filled the GTF list that I will bring with my first landing. My question is Does this GTF list need to be on a different B4 form since I don't know from which country I will enter Canada next time; especially what needs to go in the importer/country of origin. Is it good to get 2 extra B4 forms - one for GTF from US and one for GTF from XYZ country?

2) Does GTF list always need to have already purchased items/good/jewelry? For ex: I am in US and most of the jewelry is in my country of birth. I cannot get photographs of it since they are in bank lockers with me not traveling to that location for atleast 1 year. What steps to take in that situation. also how about items to be purchased in next few months. Do I need to mention all the specimens with photos? or just "bangles - $X,XXX CAD is sufficient. Can I bring photos in subsequent trips to complement the GTF list presented first time?

3) I Intend to bring electronics items in GTF list. Do I need to mention the model and make now during first time landing. For ex: Digicams, Camcorders, TV, HOme theatre systems? Chances are the model might be replaced or bought new one. Is it okay to mention only the Make- for ex: TV- SONY (Qty 3) , Camcorder - HD Canon, like-wise. $X,XXX CAD

Pardon the duplication but this will help a lot!!

thanks,
KY2CA

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
KY2CA said:
Hello Qorax and all,

I read through 17 pages of this thread and posting this clarification.

1) I am traveling from US to Canada by road with GAL B4 form. I have filled the GTF list that I will bring with my first landing. My question is Does this GTF list need to be on a different B4 form since I don't know from which country I will enter Canada next time; especially what needs to go in the importer/country of origin. Is it good to get 2 extra B4 forms - one for GTF from US and one for GTF from XYZ country?

2) Does GTF list always need to have already purchased items/good/jewelry? For ex: I am in US and most of the jewelry is in my country of birth. I cannot get photographs of it since they are in bank lockers with me not traveling to that location for atleast 1 year. What steps to take in that situation. also how about items to be purchased in next few months. Do I need to mention all the specimens with photos? or just "bangles - $X,XXX CAD is sufficient. Can I bring photos in subsequent trips to complement the GTF list presented first time?

3) I Intend to bring electronics items in GTF list. Do I need to mention the model and make now during first time landing. For ex: Digicams, Camcorders, TV, HOme theatre systems? Chances are the model might be replaced or bought new one. Is it okay to mention only the Make- for ex: TV- SONY (Qty 3) , Camcorder - HD Canon, like-wise. $X,XXX CAD

Pardon the duplication but this will help a lot!!

thanks,
KY2CA
Hi,

Ur 1: The Form-B4 remains the same for both GTF & GAL. U need to make one set of both (using the same form/format).
Ur 2 & 3: The provision of allowing duty free goods is for a new settler in Canada, so that s/he can bring-in all his/her possessions. It's for what u already have -- not for what u intend to have later. Thus yes, u need to mention everything (in as detail as possible) this one time.

Qorax

KY2CA

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 27 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 20 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
thank-you Qorax.

Appreciate if anyone can share his/her goods-to-follow list. I would be a good starting point and nice benchmark to compare the list I am preparing.

thanks all.

KY2CA.

khanbaba2k10

Star Member
Feb 15, 2010
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 24-01-2013, PPR-2: 22-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-Mar-2013
LANDED..........
12-Mar-2013
Hi, A quick query:

I'm carrying a Demand Draft ($8K) and some cash ($3K) with me. Do I need to mentioned these in Form B4 (Goods Accompanying) along with other items??

Thanks in advance.

KY2CA

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 27 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 20 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
Hello Qorax,
I have completed the B4 forms (GAL and GTF) as per your guidelines in OP.

clarification on STEP 3:

STEP-3: [Major Step]
a) Fill-out the form B4, as per the 8 Title Headings AND write the Total Value of each Excel Sheet.
b) Make a box [by hand] at the End of the 8 rows' Value Column. Write the Total Value* of the Goods.
c) For the Name field, write the PA's name.
d) For the Importer's Address, write the Canadian Address.
e) For the Country of Export, write your Home Country's Name.

After the above points: for GAL list:
1) should I "tick" the "OTHER" box next to "additional list of goods" column. this way I can attach the items excelsheet for GAL as per the 8 groups.

then,

2) Similarly For the Goods to Follow BOX [below the list rows], "Tick" it.

That way, I have two B4 forms?? or is there any other way you accomplished this..

Also, did you make a "CBSA Stamp BOX" in the A4 paper printout for the officer to stamp. Can I have more than 1 A4 paper for the same group?

thanks,

KY2CA

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
khanbaba2k10 said:
Hi, A quick query:

I'm carrying a Demand Draft ($8K) and some cash ($3K) with me. Do I need to mentioned these in Form B4 (Goods Accompanying) along with other items??

Thanks in advance.
There's no place to mention monies in the Form-B4.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
KY2CA said:
Hello Qorax,
I have completed the B4 forms (GAL and GTF) as per your guidelines in OP.

clarification on STEP 3:

STEP-3: [Major Step]
a) Fill-out the form B4, as per the 8 Title Headings AND write the Total Value of each Excel Sheet.
b) Make a box [by hand] at the End of the 8 rows' Value Column. Write the Total Value* of the Goods.
c) For the Name field, write the PA's name.
d) For the Importer's Address, write the Canadian Address.
e) For the Country of Export, write your Home Country's Name.

After the above points: for GAL list:
1) should I "tick" the "OTHER" box next to "additional list of goods" column. this way I can attach the items excelsheet for GAL as per the 8 groups.

then,

2) Similarly For the Goods to Follow BOX [below the list rows], "Tick" it.

That way, I have two B4 forms?? or is there any other way you accomplished this..

Also, did you make a "CBSA Stamp BOX" in the A4 paper printout for the officer to stamp. Can I have more than 1 A4 paper for the same group?

thanks,

KY2CA
1) & 2): Not required.
Yes, u'd've 2 x B4 forms (each in dup)... one for the GTF & the other for the GAL.