+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Indian applicant said:
The $10K limit is for currency. Everyone has to declare on airline arrival form if you are bringing over $10K or its equivalent in any currency. It has NO relevance to B4/B4A or the value of the goods.

With respect to the question of car imports, Please refer to
1 http://www.milgram.com/ignitionweb/data/ddm/658/CBSA_Settling.pdf
2 http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5048-eng.html

Personal effects can include any kind of pleasure vehicles such as passenger cars, pickup trucks, camper trucks, vans, jeeps, chassis cabs, motorcycles,
snowmobiles and motor homes, as long as you use them for non-commercial purposes. However, you should be aware that Transport Canada has many restrictions on vehicles.
Transport Canada defines a vehicle as any vehicle that is capable of being driven or drawn on roads, by any means other than muscular power exclusively,
but not including a vehicle designed to run exclusively on rails. Trailers such as recreational, boat, camping, horse, and stock trailers are considered vehicles, as are wood chippers, generators, or any other equipment mounted on rims and tires.

Transport Canada requirements
Transport Canada's requirements apply to vehicles that are less than 15 years old, and to buses manufactured on or after January 1, 1971.
Vehicles manufactured to meet United States safety standards do not comply with Canadian standards.
As the importer, before you import your vehicle, you must contact the Transport Canada's Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) to ensure that it is
admissible for importation and can be modified to meet the Canadian standards after you import it.
The RIV is an agency contracted by Transport Canada to administer a national program to ensure that imported vehicles are brought into compliance
with Canada's safety standards.
Thank you very much for the information and those links. That was very helpful indeed!! :)

ajx

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
I will be doing short landing next month, and right preparing form B4(1% of total stuff) and B4a (99% of Total Stuff, mostly jewelry)
I will settle permanently after two years.

My query is, the form B4a, which i will get stamped next month, how much
time i will be given to bring the "Goods to Follow"?
is it until one year my first landing?

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
747-captain said:
Thank you very much for the information and those links. That was very helpful indeed!! :)
@ 747-Captain, I am glad they were useful. I came across an even more interesting url for car imports from US.
http://www.auto-broker-magic.com/Canada_Import.html

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Hi seniors

Just few questions on filling out B4 form:

1. What address should I write at "importer address"? My residence's address in Bangladesh or the address where I am going to stay in Canada?
2. Under the head "country of origin" and "country of export", I think I should write Bangladesh. Am I right?
3. On the below of page 1, I am planning to write "signed at____________on___________" and the "signature of the importer" when I will be landing. Is there any problem if I write those by hand as I will type all the other section by computer?

Requesting your reply.
SHSajib

FSW_NOC_0112

Aug 5, 2015
ajx said:
I will be doing short landing next month, and right preparing form B4(1% of total stuff) and B4a (99% of Total Stuff, mostly jewelry)
I will settle permanently after two years.

My query is, the form B4a, which i will get stamped next month, how much
time i will be given to bring the "Goods to Follow"?
is it until one year my first landing?
I have the same query, too. Please guide.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Indian applicant said:
@ 747-Captain, I am glad they were useful. I came across an even more interesting url for car imports from US.
http://www.auto-broker-magic.com/Canada_Import.html
Thanks! That's a good read too. Lots of helpful advice.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
FSW_NOC_0112 said:
I have the same query, too. Please guide.
There is no time limit per se. Theoretically, you can take as long as you wish. However, for practical purposes (just my opinion), it's probably advisable to bring whatever you have within a few years at least (say 5 years at the most).

Mat14

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Hello Guys,,

I'm gonna do my landing next week, I'm concerned about how much money I should declare to the "good to follow" section.

I'm planning to sell property in my country and don't know if it will be sold soon or not and how much exactly,,

the property is worth more than 100k,, n=but not sure how much ,,,How much I should declare !!

If I didn't mention that and transfered the money in the future,, will be entitled to pay taxes for it

THanks

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to land and go back to home country.
Afterwards, I plan to send some money as remittance to my canadian bank account. so, how can I declare the amount of remittance if it exceeds 10K$?

pravin16

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
kathmandu
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 june and 17 june 2014
Can anyone help what to do for the land properties. We are not selling it at moment. Completing 1st landing will be back to nepal and return after two years. After that we sell land and need to carry huge amt. How to inform it in first landing so that we dont need to pay tax after 2 years.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
mr.gk said:
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to land and go back to home country.
Afterwards, I plan to send some money as remittance to my canadian bank account. so, how can I declare the amount of remittance if it exceeds 10K$?
There is no need to declare in advance about any remittance that you would be doing via legal banking channels.
The CAD 10K limit per passenger is only for CASH/instrument in hand while traveling into Canada.

FSW_NOC_0112

Aug 5, 2015
747-captain said:
There is no time limit per se. Theoretically, you can take as long as you wish. However, for practical purposes (just my opinion), it's probably advisable to bring whatever you have within a few years at least (say 5 years at the most).

ajx

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Thanks alot

Indian applicant said:
The customs officer mentioned that I could bring them any time even after 8 years !
Also in parts. Need not be altogether.